Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 218427 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)
« Reply #3075 on: February 23, 2012, 11:32:33 am »

After discussion with Kathos, take the money (6d in total) and recruit 3 regiments :2 with heavy I upgrade and 1 with tactician.

After that, train Swordsmanship with Pasha.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 07:01:37 pm by Ardas »

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: February 23, 2012, 01:38:03 pm »

It was time to set his plans into motion. Terryn loosened his weapon in its sheathe, as he walked along the streets at a brusque pace.

Spend 1d upgrading the Thornbred Knights to a scouting regiment.
Send a runner to Nikephoros' Guard Captain for information on which tavern or warehouse they want to use a scapegoat, then set the "Chase-off" into motion.
Step 1. "Raid" a warehouse with criminal ties, as directed by the Guard Captain
Step 2. Quickly retreat after people are sufficiently covered in blood, attempting to torch the safehouse in our wake (spend .40d on high proof alcohol, rags, and torches to help this along)
Step 3. Retreat from Talama into the country side, at a pace faster than the city guard but slow enough to allow word to spread that we're being chased- Confident in the knowledge that the Guard will purposefully let us get away.

Spoiler: Terryn's Holdings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 01:54:54 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: February 23, 2012, 05:38:34 pm »

Send the people who are not related to the accusations of being traitors in another room. Ask the remaining people what they're accusing Kathos/Nikephoros of, and what's their evidence.

The people comply, hesitantly. Your accusors see this as shady business - but figure they would be vindicated if they never left the room again.

They provide for your perusal a fat stack of documentation that detail the events from the month prior to the Defense of Mileth to most recently, though more vague on details, the actions on the border and the actions of the nobles against Ligoria. Said nobles are seen by those before you as justly defending their lands against the militaristic tyranny of their new leadership.

"Alright. We'll start with the simple accusations. The nobles at the borders promised to William, who acted on his own when he decided to conquer Vale a year ago, that Ligoria would pay for his actions. Now, since William was a baron of Ligoria at the time, they had the right to go to war against us - however, after William was sent in exile, they did not try to stop the hostilities. When our forces arrived at the border this fall to investigate the situation, we found out that one of the nobles had an army of five hundred men ready for action right next to our lands, and they were extremely hostile. We will not accept to have hostile neighbors with armies ready to raid our lands, and we decided to neutralize the threat at our borders. The nobles who cooperate will be allowed to keep their lands, although they will be under the authority of Ligoria, for our own security."

Kathos cleared his throat.

Explain the situation at the border
Also, check if the summary of the events since the defense of Mileth is really accurate, or if it's only lies

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: February 23, 2012, 05:50:34 pm »

Ditch the surviving Bandits, Continue onwards.
((I'll get to your trade when i do mine))
[264]
Welcome to Zema - No one here likes you.

Zema has had a long history of not taking Galam's extortion called "peacekeeping". Their currently leadership is hesitant to meet with you, but does anyway. You feel it has more to do with showing they have nothing to hide over current problems in the region than anything else - Just don't expect any sugar with your tea.

"What does the great nation of Galam want now?"
"Information pertaining to the current political situation is the Motavi region. We get what we want, the sooner we'll leave."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: February 23, 2012, 07:40:46 pm »

"Every once in a while we get called bandits when we get too close to some Lord's land and they think we're poaching. We haven't seen too many souls lately, but it is winter. Most winters we just find some place off the beaten path, like this, and hold out till spring for drier weather"

"Are you sure about that? Me and my brethren are considered the law in my Lord's lands and lying to us will not be taken lightly."

John menaces the man for more info.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: February 25, 2012, 05:53:20 am »

John menaces the man for more info.

[44] The man seems shaken by the fact a Lord would send men out to menace the locals, but nonetheless admits to knowing little.

"The men you're likely looking for come out this way once in a while. They'll trade some small goods with us in exchange for food, nothing special, then leave. We don't see them more than once or twice a year really."

John notices that others have started to take offence to his actions and demeanor

"Information pertaining to the current political situation is the Motavi region. We get what we want, the sooner we'll leave."

"It's always about what you want isn't it. Has Eshir ever ONCE in his life thought maybe we don't care what he wants? That maybe we want to be left alone to deal with our problems ourselves? It's not like his men have ever tried to stop bandits raiding our trade caravans or maybe take the initiative to do anyhting more than sit on their fat asses and drink themselves into oblivion every season."

Explain the situation at the border
Also, check if the summary of the events since the defense of Mileth is really accurate, or if it's only lies

[4] You notice a fair bit of comprehension among the crowd. They seem to understand the situation better, but are still concerned about the rest of the last year.

[5] The information is, for the large part, accurate - however deeply embellished. Drunken, tirade-like examples of exaggerations. Situations of how the happenings of Mileth were taken from a military occupation to a level of down right warcrimes - would there be any to enforce in these parts.

It was time to set his plans into motion. Terryn loosened his weapon in its sheathe, as he walked along the streets at a brusque pace.

Spend 1d upgrading the Thornbred Knights to a scouting regiment.
Send a runner to Nikephoros' Guard Captain for information on which tavern or warehouse they want to use a scapegoat, then set the "Chase-off" into motion.
Step 1. "Raid" a warehouse with criminal ties, as directed by the Guard Captain
Step 2. Quickly retreat after people are sufficiently covered in blood, attempting to torch the safehouse in our wake (spend .40d on high proof alcohol, rags, and torches to help this along)
Step 3. Retreat from Talama into the country side, at a pace faster than the city guard but slow enough to allow word to spread that we're being chased- Confident in the knowledge that the Guard will purposefully let us get away.

Spoiler: Terryn's Holdings (click to show/hide)

[6/1+1/1] You manage to Raid the warehouse quite easily and attend the business you came for. Your following efforts are less spectacular - Your men failed to set the warehouse on fire, and instead only caused minor burn damages to the warehouse...while completely burning down the adjacent warehouse that belonged to a businessman out of Moun. The city guard show up, in force, and are apparently ignorant to the idea of letting your men escape. In fact they're probably the most efficient they've been most of their careers - Half your regiment is now locked up awaiting trials.

The remainder of your men await further orders with you in the country. Everyone is confused how such an easy plan went so poorly.

After discussion with Kathos, take the money (6d in total) and recruit 3 regiments :2 with heavy I upgrade and 1 with tactician.

((Where is all the money coming from? only 3.7-ish in treasury - how much is personal/treasury from you both?))
Marked for recruitment

After that, train Swordsmanship with Pasha.[/b]

[61161]
((Does this replace your tactics training for the season?))

Pasha trains Swordsmanship with Nikephoros.

[15516]

((i'll let you guys RP your combined total failure to learn anything new))
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: February 25, 2012, 06:47:40 am »

"It's always about what you want isn't it. Has Eshir ever ONCE in his life thought maybe we don't care what he wants? That maybe we want to be left alone to deal with our problems ourselves? It's not like his men have ever tried to stop bandits raiding our trade caravans or maybe take the initiative to do anyhting more than sit on their fat asses and drink themselves into oblivion every season."
"Look, I'm not here for a political discussion. Just give me what I came for, and we can both get on with our lives. Agreed?"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: February 25, 2012, 01:52:10 pm »

[44] The man seems shaken by the fact a Lord would send men out to menace the locals, but nonetheless admits to knowing little.

"The men you're likely looking for come out this way once in a while. They'll trade some small goods with us in exchange for food, nothing special, then leave. We don't see them more than once or twice a year really."

John notices that others have started to take offence to his actions and demeanor.
"Thank you very much. I'm very sorry I had to threaten you, but banditry will not be tolerated, i'm sure Lord William would like to reward you. One last question before we leave; do the bandits come from any one direction?"
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: February 25, 2012, 03:25:10 pm »

"Look, I'm not here for a political discussion. Just give me what I came for, and we can both get on with our lives. Agreed?"

[2] "No."
"Thank you very much. I'm very sorry I had to threaten you, but banditry will not be tolerated, i'm sure Lord William would like to reward you. One last question before we leave; do the bandits come from any one direction?"

"I highly doubt you really are. I know how things work with lords and their kin - there's a reason we all live the way we do." He thinks about it for a moment, [46] "They do generally come from the Southwest. Beyond that I really can't say, we just aren't exactly friendly with them...you know?"
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: February 25, 2012, 03:27:44 pm »

Terryn was pissed off, to put it nicely. That bastard hadn't bothered to tell his guard what they needed to do. If the Guild Hall was subjected to taxes? Well...Terryn rubbed blood and soot from his cheek, and took in a deep breath of the cool country air. It was time to find De Plume.

March further into the country side, in the direction of De Plume's former lands. If possible, fly De Plume's banner and a white flag to indicate a request to parley.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: February 25, 2012, 04:36:08 pm »

"You're being obstinate for the sake of being obstinate, aren't you? You do realize the longer you keep me waiting the longer you're dealing with Galam..."

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: February 25, 2012, 04:54:21 pm »

March further into the country side, in the direction of De Plume's former lands. If possible, fly De Plume's banner and a white flag to indicate a request to parley.

[4] Curiously, you get the sense you're being watched. Before long you and your men are approached by a single rider. The rider is leading an extra horse, and throws a black hood at you. The hood would easily obscure your vision.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: February 25, 2012, 04:58:08 pm »

Terryn takes in a deep breath, before looking to Oswald. "Hold up here. I'm rather confident she will not kill an ally."

Mount the horse, put on the hood.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: February 25, 2012, 05:07:49 pm »

Mount the horse, put on the hood.

The rider takes the reins and leads you at an impressive pace through the forest. You ride for hours without ever stopping. Eventually, in the dark of night, your horse stops. You remove your hood to find yourself in a torchlit clearing. A middle aged woman is sitting on a log, sharpening a sword.
[5] Torchlight glints off of points of metal all around the clearing. Hostility may be ill advised.

"So. What do you want?"
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: February 25, 2012, 05:10:56 pm »

"The Lady De Plume, I assume?" Terryn replied, expression grim. He paused a moment, and then corrected himself, "Apologies, Baroness De Plume. I forget my place at times, especially in these past few stressful days. I am Sir Terryn Selgvyrdson, Commander of the Thornbred Knights. I wish to pledge my blade to your cause- and I shall do so at the small price of that bastard Nikephoros' head." This last bit of his statement was particularly vehement. He still hadn't gotten over the arrest of his brother's, after all.
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 220