Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 220151 times)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)
« Reply #3090 on: February 25, 2012, 05:16:29 pm »

She laughs. She laughs for several minutes.

"You? You're useless to me. What can you offer me but a few sword arms? If you want to offer something, Sir whatever. Offer it. Ducats or regiments. But I know half your troops are imprisoned."
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: February 25, 2012, 05:26:14 pm »

Terryn's mind was reeling. Had that fat bastard Nikephoros really managed to sabotage this entire operation by the simple omission of information? It took all he could not to sigh, or allow a flicker of rage to cross his face. "This is true, m'Lady, but even with our limited numbers my Brothers and I are more than capable as scouts and soldiers. This would not be the first time that the Thornbred have found themselves in such a position."

He paused a moment, eyes narrowing and tone deadly serious. "So yes, I offer you a regiment and my blade. A blade which, I am certain, is far sharper than any currently in your employ."
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: February 25, 2012, 05:35:37 pm »

She smiles. It is somewhat unsettling the way she smiles and her eyes bore into you.
[5] "The enemy of my enemy, is my enemy's enemy. Nothing more. While your troops are imprisoned in Ligoria, you do not have the strength to aid me."

She pulls out a crude map of the peninsula, and hands it to you "Should you manage to acquire their freedom, meet us at the marked place on the map. Otherwise? You're just not worth the trouble."

She turns and stalks off into the forest. As she departs, the torches start to burn lower and lower, going out when she leaves the clearing.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: February 25, 2012, 05:57:21 pm »

"Yes, thank you."

The Crimson Guards head to the southwest, looking for signs of the bandits.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: February 25, 2012, 06:03:15 pm »

Terryn remained silent as the Baroness left. After a moment, he rolled up the map and wheeled the horse about. "Very well then. It would seem it's time for a prison break."

Return to my regiment, then, in disguise, return to Ligoria. Make sure to keep the map in a safe place on my person at all times.
Actions once in Talama:
1. Scout out the jail and its guard shifts. How many guards are there usually? How far from the city gates is it? How public an area is it? At night?
2. By night, send a plains-clothed soldier to deliver a letter to Nikephoros from "A Friend". He is to place it in Nikephoros' hand personally, and if this cannot be done he is to return the letter to Terryn without the seal having been broken. He is to take several round-about paths in order to move to and from the Thornbred encampment.

Spoiler: The Letter (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 09:43:24 pm by thatkid »

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: February 26, 2012, 01:36:03 am »

The Crimson Guards head to the southwest, looking for signs of the bandits.

[214] You happen across a single regiment of what would likely be the bandits you're looking for. They've spotted your men but have not engaged. They seem to be waiting for signs of who/what your men are and what they're doing this far out.

"You're being obstinate for the sake of being obstinate, aren't you? You do realize the longer you keep me waiting the longer you're dealing with Galam..."

"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you. Now if you have nothing more, you're free to leave whenever you wish. Gracious host I can be, willing associate to a meddling nation I cannot"
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 01:40:30 am by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: February 26, 2012, 02:03:34 am »

"Well, Guess it's my turn to be obstinate. I'm not leaving without that information."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: February 26, 2012, 02:14:38 am »

(Electing to RP it as Nike and Pasha completely forgetting about the training due to other concerns. :P)

His meeting at the castle concluded, and with no need to distract Nikephoros from his studies any further, Pasha went home. It turned out Tala was still out, so he settled in to wait for her... but if she wasn't back by three o'clock according to the sundial, he was going to go out looking for her.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: February 26, 2012, 03:50:50 am »

"Well, Guess it's my turn to be obstinate. I'm not leaving without that information."

[2] "Then you can make yourself comfortable and stay. Just remember I'd be within my rights to have you arrested and sentanced accordingly to Zeman laws should you prove to be a nuisance"

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: February 26, 2012, 06:18:24 am »

Apparently training was not on the agenda, with Pasha leaving quite quickly, and another concern popping up.
The guard captain informed him of a band of raiders that were captured and awaited a trial. They turned out to be Terryn's men.
Not long after he received a letter from the man himself.
By the Light, why must this be so difficult? He is wasting valuable time, and there might not be enough of it to gather intelligence on De Plume...

A short note back to Terryn was passed along, to be delivered as inconspicuosly as possible.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nikephoros considered actually staying in Talama for Spring. To give his men a short break, to give himself a chance to get in grip with the managment of the country. Kathos no doubt was a capable man, but there were many things, like new weapons or city walls that had to be tended to, and these cannot be taken care of in the field...

Send a reply to Terryn. Inform my guard captain of the arrangment, leaving less guards around the prison.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 06:20:57 am by Ardas »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: February 26, 2012, 08:59:33 am »

[4] You notice a fair bit of comprehension among the crowd. They seem to understand the situation better, but are still concerned about the rest of the last year.

[5] The information is, for the large part, accurate - however deeply embellished. Drunken, tirade-like examples of exaggerations. Situations of how the happenings of Mileth were taken from a military occupation to a level of down right warcrimes - would there be any to enforce in these parts.

"Well. I can see that your 'evidence' is... Interesting, to say the least. Since none of you were at Mileth, as far as I can tell, I suppose that someone else gave you this pile of garb- this 'evidence'. So, who wrote this thing - and where is he?"

Try to learn the identity of the man who wrote the summary of events.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: February 26, 2012, 11:55:17 am »

[2] "Then you can make yourself comfortable and stay. Just remember I'd be within my rights to have you arrested and sentanced accordingly to Zeman laws should you prove to be a nuisance"
"So answer me this then. Why the blazes did you hire Galamese mercenaries if you hate us so much?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: February 26, 2012, 01:35:45 pm »

After spending three days and two nights keeping an eye on the jail's guard shift, raid it and release all captive Thornbred- but nobody else. Kill anyone who gets in your way.
Then quickly escape the area, disguise your group, and leave the city.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: February 26, 2012, 04:56:30 pm »

The Crimson Guard will take a count of the enemy and what their strengths are.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: February 26, 2012, 04:59:36 pm »

"So answer me this then. Why the blazes did you hire Galamese mercenaries if you hate us so much?"

"I wonder if Eshir hoped you'd die on this mission of yours - I already told you : I NEVER DID! I have never hired 'peacekeepers' from Galam. What my predecessors did is none of my concern, but when I took over I cancelled those contracts immediately. I've been here 10 years and we've been fine ever since."

After spending three days and two nights keeping an eye on the jail's guard shift, raid it and release all captive Thornbred- but nobody else. Kill anyone who gets in your way.
Then quickly escape the area, disguise your group, and leave the city.

[614] You manage entrance to the prison almost too easily. Anyone looking into the events of the night might think something was amiss, but you succeed nonetheless. Virtually no guards were in place around the prison at all and your men are happy to be free of Ligoria's hospitality. Unfortunately, some of your men seemed to have made 'friends' in jail, and released them as well on your way out - unknown to you. Your escape from the city was rather uneventful as well.

"Well. I can see that your 'evidence' is... Interesting, to say the least. Since none of you were at Mileth, as far as I can tell, I suppose that someone else gave you this pile of garb- this 'evidence'. So, who wrote this thing - and where is he?"

Try to learn the identity of the man who wrote the summary of events.

[134] None of the people present knew who the person was that delivered the information was. It just showed up in pieces in various commonplaces around the city - Taverns, Inns, etc. It does appear to be penned by the same person and believably at the same time, but who it was is a mystery to yourself as well as the crowd. The only logical avenue is that whoever it was had to be present for all the events or have access to someone that was.

The Crimson Guard will take a count of the enemy and what their strengths are.

[2-1] Without a scout in the group you're unable to get a good guess as to the loadout of the regiment before you, but you can tell they're at least range capable. Worst case you assume they've been well-equipped, but best case is they're simple hunters banded together.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 220