Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33

Author Topic: Girlinhat: Proficient Metal Crafter  (Read 50354 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Girlinhat: Proficient Metal Crafter
« on: September 28, 2011, 02:04:01 pm »

I was adequate in the last thread, I decided to upgrade myself.  HUZZAH!

So to start, some pictures:
Spoiler: Blue Bracelet on wrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blue Bracelet on black (click to show/hide)
Both of these are made with 18g 1/4" Bright Aluminum rings with glass beads hooked directly onto the outer rings, and woven as normal European 4-1.  Oilslick has no clasp, as I was deciding what to do with it, and the Blue one was originally woven directly to my wrist because I know how to do that, but I put on a crummy clasp quickly to show how that would work, the closure is a little messy there.

I have a few other things, but I need to get pictures of them and that's a little bit iffy, but it'll happen eventually.  In the meantime, here's a belt I had started but needs some creative problem-solving to fix some issues, either way it shows of a very tight European 10 in 1 weave nicely.  Obviously, this picture wasn't taken with the good camera...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyways, trying to get into business and willing to sell at a slight discount on B12 because, well, B12.  That's reason enough, right?  Moreover though, I'm looking for ideas and inspiration on how to make pretty and/or manly jewelry, and what ideas people might find cool.  I've got some extra money for some new rings, but haven't decided what to get yet, though I'm leaning heavily towards black rubber and colored aluminum, since I could make solid bracelets that stretch over the hand, no clasp, and could have some color with them.

So yes, metal, this time in a better forum category :P

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Girlinhat: Proficient Metal Crafter
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 02:36:40 pm »

Huzzah for upgrading?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 02:36:46 pm »

I am post to watch. Your productivity and hobby entertains me during my boring day.

Also pretty.

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 03:04:56 pm »

Yup, very nice braclets there. Also very eager to see more of your creations :).

Sir E Brum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 05:13:13 pm »

Maybe it's just my soggy old computer, but the pictures won't show.

Eidolon

• Bay Watcher
  • Floating weightless in a cavern.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 05:13:31 pm »

From the last thread:
Honestly?  Bright aluminum will serve you better.  But, all things learned through experience, right?  I've seen a camping bag in chainmaille, made to fit a rolled up sleeping bag into it.  Might be a good bicycle coat too, the metal should catch light better than cloth and make you more visible to clumsy drivers.  Both of these would be a good use for galvy, since it tends to turn white through oxidation, and develops a "wet dog" smell over time.  Great for outdoors-y things, stuff is durable, but otherwise, not quite so much...
I'd found out the "wet dog" thing after I'd ordered it. Still, I think I might have a few uses for it.
I have this little aluminum razor scooter, that collapses to fit onto a backpack. Sometimes I ride it around the college when my car is parked on the other side of the campus, downhill from my classes. Maybe I'll make some sort of sheathe for it that links onto my backpack. I'll post some pics of this nerdery if I get it done :D.
In ancient times, men built wonders, laid claim to the stars, and sought to better themselves for the good of all.
But we are much wiser now.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 05:16:18 pm »

Oh my god a chainmaille sheath for a foldable scooter would be so amazing.  Must see~

Others doing alright seeing the pics?  They're on Photobucket, if that matters...

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 08:11:29 pm »

Lovely!  Keep at it, and best of luck getting started in business!
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 08:15:03 pm »

img.ie is quite good if photobucket doesn't work, fyi.

But on-topic, a chainmail scooter sheath would being really awesomeness.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 02:40:11 am »

Posting to keep posted.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 02:48:31 am »

Posting for postage.

It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 12:28:39 pm »

Posting to follow.

Still thinking about trying to get into this myself, if I can find/make the free time.
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 12:17:43 pm »

Great work!

Bracelets work for Man-jewelry as well, as do full bracers. Also, if you could find some way to "candy stripe" the rings with some other metal (some sort of pseudo-gold) would be cool too.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2011, 12:56:21 pm »

Define "candy stripe"?  You mean like a candycane with diagonal stripes?  That'd be pretty easy, actually.  I have some bronze and aluminum, I'll get it a little try.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2011, 09:59:51 pm »

I have been looking for some dwarfier weaves and haven't really found anything that looks really dwarven. Any suggestions?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33