Finally... > Creative Projects

Girlinhat: Proficient Metal Crafter

<< < (87/98) > >>

tommy521:
@Blargityblarg

That's so hot. Is there a tutorial for that kind of stuff or did you just come up with it?

Shinotsa:

--- Quote from: Blargityblarg on April 12, 2012, 01:13:35 am ---Buddy commissioned a tear-drop pendant from me. This is the prototype, gonna be remaking it in anodised aluminium.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
--- End quote ---

That is a good piece with simple components, do you mind if I try it myself and play around with different ring sizes for it? I've been making chainmaille on and off for a few months now to keep off the stress from university and I'd love to expand from just making sheets and basic chains. Practicing with different sized rings in a piece would definately expand possibilities... no chainmaille pun intended.

Blargityblarg:
The major shape of the pendant is just Byzantine chain; it's just linked to other rings that I happened to have in sizes that worked, with the big-ass one in the middle supporting the lot.

Most of the rings there are 4mm ID 16g (all gauges are in standard, not American) copper, the big middle ring is 11/32" ID 14g aluminium and the large rings on the sides I'm not sure of, as I got them as part of a ring mix. They're 16g, but I'd have to guess they're about 8mm ID? In any case, their ID doesn't matter as long as it fits together.

Shinotsa:
Alright, I'll have to see if I can make due with my 5/16, 1/4, and 3/16 rings. I've found just about everything in here amazing, and hopefully I'll have something to show you all in a bit. I've been working in 5/16 16ga to get used to it, but I guess 1/4 for euro 4 in 1 would look much better. Other than that the only trouble I have is finding non-galvy wire, because for some reason I just feel wrong paying for shipping.

Anyhow, I hope some more crafts(wo)manship is posted soon. It's always enjoyable seeing what everyone has been making.

tommy521:
Eh, I haven't done too much metalwork recently. I did however make some (crude) log benches... refining my tactics on that however...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version