Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 85

Author Topic: Oceanbridge - A Fortress Defense Community Fort: Reclaimed, Again! (And Again)  (Read 172305 times)

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
Re: Oceanbridge - A Fortress Defense Community Fort Thing
« Reply #195 on: November 02, 2011, 09:05:39 am »

Wow, I might just mod crossbows to have the same stats as daggers in close combat so I can pretend that the little guys are pulling out a short blade instead of just rushing in like maniacs. Also, fain? Foain? Fouain? So many vowels, so little comprehensible word. Great job and I'm looking forward to the next update. Hopefully with a completed ‼TRAP‼
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 02, 2011, 09:18:40 am »

nice man.

im guessing derm is still highest on kill list?
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 02, 2011, 09:20:50 am »

I damn well better be.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 02, 2011, 11:28:58 am »

WE ARE KILLERS!

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 02, 2011, 12:29:57 pm »

Actually the dwarf with the most kills is an unclaimed macedwarf. I don't know how. Derm is second.

Might not update for a couple of days, because I am quite, quite sick. dwarf fortress is pretty hard to make sense of while feverish. It's like "what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

yeah.

bayar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 02, 2011, 02:05:29 pm »

I'll claim him then  :P

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 02, 2011, 03:55:12 pm »

"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

sigged

Also, dorf a random doctor please.
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

IcepickTrotsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 02, 2011, 07:27:43 pm »

Well this looks like barrels of fun.

That said... hmm... time to join a community fortress, I think.

I'd like to be a brewer who wants to dabble in speardwarfery. Call him Balnash <whateverlastname>. He is tired of these godsdamn elves in his godsdamn fortress!

Ferrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 02, 2011, 09:00:14 pm »

Great thread! Read through all updates in one session.

If possible I'd like to be dwarfy-fied.
"Ferrus", male, Mason or some kind of smith.

Time Blossom

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:COUCH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 02, 2011, 09:50:32 pm »

Ah, sorry to hear that, varnish. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Also, "Justice With a Side of Brie" is the name of my new band. Or action movie. Or firstborn child. :D
Time Blossom cancels everything: NaNoWriMo

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 03, 2011, 03:49:18 am »

Cool it's moving on. Get well, varnish!

Give pics of Bridge in next updated, better 3d ones.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 03, 2011, 08:54:23 am »

War giraffe. FTW.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 03, 2011, 10:05:25 am »

((I live! Barely. But here's an update, and big thanks to everyone reading and posting and so on.))

From the Journals of Aban Brothertreaties:

I have officially given up on guessing what will happen next here.

I’m glad the siege is over, of course. And I’m… basically happy to be back working on the bridge. But holy whoever has this been an insane year. And it’s only going to get insaner. (Madder? Crazier? One of those words).

Antymattar has been one of the most reliable people here. He was one of the first migrants, and since he arrived he’s been fishing, and pretty much nothing else. I didn’t even learn his name until recently. That’s how much time he spends fishing. So It was rather surprising when he threw down his net and fishing stick, ran for a masonry shop, and demanded rock bars. Well, what could we do?

This is what he made.

Ok, I know we’ve had morale problems, but still.

Following that we had an election. Also odd, but Mormota told me that once you hold one, you’re required to hold more. One overy year, even. (How’s that for madness?) Well, I voted for Person, and felt confident that he’d win. He’s done all right, all things considering.

Dishmab Dyeplans won.

Who the hell is Dishmab Dyeplans?

Events Around Oceanbridge, Starring Dwarfs Old and New:

With Derm and half the other soldiers wounded and out for the count, Shina had been placed in charge of training new recruits. She had already placed her own, unique mark on the new soldiers. In  this case, literally, by having them branded with a marking of her own design. “It’ll make them more loyal and obedient!” she told anyone who would listen, as they backed away slowly.

After that, Bayar the macedwarf  took over training. One of the unsung heroes of Oceanbridge, he’d killed five of the elfs, and in previous sieges had smashed in his fair share of skulls.

One of the new recruits was testing his patience by using a spear. “Tell me son, how do you bash in skulls using a pointed stick?”

Balnash thought for a moment, then without speaking he turned the spear around and brought the haft down on Bayar’s head.

Fortunately, Bayar was wearing his helmet.

Derm was sick and tired of the hospital, sick of his bed, and sick of not being allowed to do anything. He was a dwarf of action, he told himself. He needed to be up and doing!  And the doctor who had been assigned to him… Oh gods, there the man was.

“And how is my favorite patient today!” Trapped in his bed, Derm could do nothing as Scientist moved in for a hug. “There! That’s some of the best medicine I can give you!.” He stood back, and then pulled a hammer, a dull needle, and string. “Now for some of the other medicine. Let’s fix that hand!”

((Sorry, Scientist, but when I saw that your dwarf greets people with hugs… well, I couldn’t resist. Anyways, I will get to the other dwarfs and the bridge picture in the next update. Not a lot of energy right now. Also, it just took me eight tries to spell energy right.))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 03, 2011, 12:29:22 pm »

"The Imperial Sorcerer" is the most badass artifact name I've ever seen.  It even sounds good in dwarven.  The only way it could be better would be if it was some dwarf's title.

IcepickTrotsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 03, 2011, 01:03:03 pm »

Scribblings of Balnash

Mock me for usin' a spear, will'e? Well, best way to keep a goblin knife from stickin' in yer side is to keep 'im at spear's length, that's what I say. I'll show'm when the time comes. In the meantime, there might be some more booze that needs brewin'.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 85