Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hearts Of Iron 3 LP (Inspired by Sirius)  (Read 4612 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Hearts Of Iron 3 LP (Inspired by Sirius)
« on: September 30, 2011, 03:33:07 pm »

The year is 1942, and Normandy has started. The British have invaded Italy occupied northern France. The fighting is fierce, and casualties are high. Months later, German command convinces the resigned Generalissimo of Turkey, Kemal Atakurk, to mount an amphibious invasion of the British Isles, and capture London.

An army is raised and transports constructed. By March 25th, a large fleet floats in the English Channel. Supported by German raiding submarines, the troops land. By April 1st, England is all but lost to the Turkish Army, and Axis victory is within reach.

This is the Story of Turkey in WW2.

------------------------------------------------------

On a whim, I decided to start a HOI3 LP, based off of Sirius's GalCiv2 LP. Since it died, I figured I would carry the torch of its format, until mine dies because I get lazy.

I have the vanilla, no expansions, unfortunately.
------------------------------------------------------

So onto how I plan to run this.

Interaction will be based on teams. There will be 4 teams, but I'm willing to make it 5 if I separate the duties of one.

Diplomacy: What you expect. People assigned to this team will handle war, treaties, trade routes, and so on. Anything on the diplomacy screen is fair game.

Production: In the same spirit as the Diplomacy team, Production handles anything related to production. This includes IC(Industrial Capacity) management, trade route protection, and producing the army that will sweep across Europe.

Technology: You get the idea. Technology will handle where our leadership is spent and what we research. I'd prefer people who own HOI3 to be on this team, so I don't have to go about explaining all the techs, but anyone is free to join it. My first update will just take longer.

Secret Police: A merge between Politics and Intelligence. Since both won't have much to do, I figured I'd merge them.

I will be managing our armies and bases. My preferred strategy is a blitzkrieg to tie up armies, and have my backbone infantry cleanup. However, production is free to give me whatever it deems fit, as long as you don't give me exclusively police units.  ::)
------------------------------------------------------------

So, with that behind us, we need to decide what country we'll play as and at what time period. Difficulty is also up in the air, but I prefer normal difficulty, since the harder difficulties just make battles stacked against you, which reduces the amount of tactics you can do. Note: We will not be playing any majors. Way too easy, unless we play as an Axis near the end of the war. Examples of what we could play are: Poland before it gets owned, Spain during its revolution, Nationalist China when it gets invaded by Japan, and so on. Japan is also ok, but managing it is a pain. Any country is playable, but I'll be listing the starting time periods.

The Road to War (January, 1936): Earliest time start. Only interesting thing is that Italy is at war with Ethiopia.

The Gathering Storm(September, 1938): Japan is at war with "China"(split up), and Spain is split by a civil war.

Blitzkrieg(September, 1939): Germany declares war on Poland.

Barbossa(June, 1941): Germany has all but conquered France.

Day of Infamy(December, 1941) : Germany marches its troops on Moscow.

The Tide has Turned(February, 1943): Germany loses its offensive at Moscow, Japan is falling back across the Pacific.

Gotterdamerrung(June, 1944): Italians have lost, and Japan is on the brink of defeat.

A poll will be added once a reasonable amount of "starts" have been suggested.
-----------------------------------------------------------

I'll have a tutorial of "What is HOI3, and how do I play" by the end of the weekend, hopefully. It will be in the next post, reserved.

Also, if you're not ok with me taking your ideas Sirius, you have by all means to shut this down.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 04:50:53 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: Hearts Of Iron 3 LP (Inspired by Sirius) - *Started Prematurely*
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 03:45:51 pm »

*Is excited.*
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Hearts Of Iron 3 LP (Inspired by Sirius)
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 04:09:30 pm »

Darn it, you weren't supposed to post! *shakes fist*

Well, this is reserved for the eventual tutorial.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 04:22:10 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 04:23:11 pm »

Jesus fuck, resize that image. Load it up in an image editor and change the dimension, holy hell. What is wrong with you posting an image that big?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 04:51:28 pm »

Jesus fuck, resize that image. Load it up in an image editor and change the dimension, holy hell. What is wrong with you posting an image that big?

I....well, I didn't know it get such a hostile remark. Its gone now, anyway.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 04:55:24 pm »

Japan in Götterdämmerung scenario on VH, with DAIM or equivalent.

It's the only worthy scenario in HoI3.

Edit : Actually, if you want a community-powered run, it's not a good idea, as it's waist-deep-in-manure situation. You have very few options to begin with.

1936 as Italy would do nicely for a community run. You are not a superpower, but you could be. You are not threatened anywhere, and have limitless options. This would work.
Anything smaller, and you may have your hands tied too often. Anything bigger, and you'll waltz through everything, no matter how disastrous decisions will be made by the viewers.

I was planning to start HoI run myself, but I'll enjoy commenting for once!

If i may suggest something : jpg images are, despite loss of quality, the way to go! Ahoy!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 05:12:29 pm by Stworca »
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 08:39:44 pm »

Personally I use .png's, and resize them to 67% side length of their size straight from FRAPS, about 1MB per image.

Also can I has a diplomacy posting?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 09:56:39 pm »

I'll sign up for Production, please.

Police Units, For Great Justice!
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

RoryTehNoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Ingredients: High Fructose Corn Syrup
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 06:30:11 pm »

Italy starting in 1936 sounds great. And I'll sign up for tech if I can!
Signatures are displayed at teh bottom of each post or personal message.

Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 379