Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27

Author Topic: Premarital sex talk :O  (Read 68813 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Premarital sex talk :O
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2011, 08:08:55 pm »

Sleep with as many as you can, and eventually you'll get one pregnant. That's the one you stick with ;)

Okay, maybe I shouldn't give advice like this while drinking.

So telling people to make poor life choices is easier when sober?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2011, 08:14:07 pm »

Where does the whole muslim extremist 40 virgins thing fit into this? And what about the feelings of said virgins?
I'm 99% sure that whole 40 virgin thing is a myth, and that it doesn't actually say that. I remember hearing someone talk about that at one of those TED (I think?) talks.

Yeah I was just giving a known off-the-wall and deep left field example to demonstrate my point of how just because something is defined as "ethical" or the "best thing to do" in one group doesn't necessarily mean that it is considered ethical by the actual majority or actually is the best thing for humanity as a whole.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2011, 10:23:48 pm »

I just know I'm going to catch flak for this, but I'm going to say it anyway.

I find absolutely nothing wrong with pre-marital sex. The biggest reason for this: compatibility. I would never, ever buy a car without giving it a thorough inspection and a test drive or two, and I'm only committing to that car for between 5-10 years. Furthermore, a lot of people don't even know what they like when they're inexperienced.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2011, 10:33:20 pm »

I'm ok with that philosophy.
Sure, don't judge somebody only on how they preform in bed, but if your going to commit yourself to somebody for the rest of your life, might as well know everything about them.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2011, 10:41:04 pm »

Or at least that the two of you like some of the same stuff. It gets old when someone keeps asking you to do that thing they like, which you find disgusting.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2011, 10:42:29 pm »

That should be somebodies sig.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2011, 10:44:24 pm »

When it comes to premarital sex... I don't really care for marriage so it's kinda a moot point.

When it comes to casual sex I'm a bit iffy.
I've noticed people have a lot of trouble separating sex from their emotions, it seems to lead to a lot of issues especially with how jealous people get.
It's kind of why I swore off sex for the time being. I don't want it fuzzing up relationships, and I don't want the question of "Am I going to have sex with this girl?" To hang in the air, which I noticed happened a lot when I was a horny teenager.

I know I've grown since then, but I don't feel I honestly need to have sex, so I just don't, it makes things simpler.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2011, 10:51:35 pm »

Where does the whole muslim extremist 40 virgins thing fit into this? And what about the feelings of said virgins?

It's not a "muslim extremist" thing any more than believing if you die you will go to heaven is a "christian fundamentalist" thing. The number of virgins you get is never specified in the Quran, but tradition says it's 72.

The virgins aren't even human virgins. They're "houris"; androgynous sex spirits who exist to have heavenly heaven sex with those who get to go to the afterlife.

It's weird, but no weirder than my belief that a bearded carpenter with incredible abs became a mass-absolving sacrificial lamb for humanity.

When it comes to premarital sex... I don't really care for marriage so it's kinda a moot point.

I forgot who said this, but "It doesn't count as premarital sex if you don't plan to get married. >:D"
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 10:53:07 pm by Vester »
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2011, 10:56:36 pm »

I forgot who said this, but "It doesn't count as premarital sex if you don't plan to get married. >:D"
Ohhh, you are so sigged!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2011, 10:59:25 pm »

Ohhh, you are so sigged!

dohohohoho...That's quality.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2011, 12:12:51 am »

Since most Christians don't even think I should be able to get married, I pretty much have to laugh inside whenever someone tries to bring this up with me (hi mom!), but were I in a more traditional relationship I don't think I'd be capable of thinking any differently. Mainly, whether you are married to a person or not has nothing to do with whether you're ready for sex with them. Hell, it doesn't even mean you're ready for marriage with them, obviously, or there would be a lot less divorce.

Maybe it makes a marriage last longer to wait, because the novelty doesn't wear off as quickly, but there's no way to deny that a lot of people can delude themselves into ignoring problems for a very long time until something finally cracks (hi mom! :D)
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2011, 12:39:21 am »

I quite like the John Cheese philosophy of marriage, in that you should only marry someone once it will no longer change your relationship. Once you have gotten to the point where you'd stay with someone through whatever life throws at you until one of you dies.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2011, 12:40:22 am »

Being a lesbian, it's illegal for me to get married and thus double wrong for me to have sex.  Of course if we're going by the same standards, then I'm already in so much religious trouble that no amount of shoveling will get me out, so I guess the point is ultimately moot.

I think, really, the entire religious argument (debatably, all religious arguments), comes down to christians hating fun.  Take blue laws for example.  Example here and we all know how to use the google machine to find more references.  It basically amounts to "those young people are enjoying icecream!  God fucking damn, I hate when people enjoy things!" and actually had a law passed to make icecream products illegal on sunday.  That, in a nutshell, amounts to the christian mindset on pretty much all restrictions.  "If it is good, then it must be put there by the devil, and is therefore evil."  When I used to be dragged to church, I even remember one relative or a friend of a relative or the pastor, someone, I don't recall, said something like "this aint one of those fancy churches with the padded seats and arm-rests.  We're real christians."  I think a huge part of the push against sex is because it's a pleasurable act, and gets the knee-jerk reaction to be evil.  I honestly think this is the entire reason for every anti-masturbation thing I've ever seen.  If there was EVER an act that would be healthy, enjoyable, and safe, it would be masturbation.  It 1: shows you're healthy enough for rigorous activity, and let's be fair, many aren't, 2: is enjoyable, and releases chemicals that elevate mood and curb depression/anger, and 3: actually causes a LOT of bloodflow to the brain, which in turn generates a lot more oxygen and nutrients flowing through the brain and that's nothing if not good.  Plus, who are you hurting?  The bedsheets?  Your panties? (If you're a girl.  Or if you're an inclined guy, I guess.)

There's always a big religious push against anything fun, and there's always a big extremist push to do only things fun.  I'm not saying either is right, and really I'm exactly saying "neither is right".

BTW: Alabama sex ed was one 45 minute session where the girls went to one room and the guys to another, and we were showed a brief slideshow of female anatomy (I assume the guys were shown male) and then told a little about hygiene and regular showers.  Through the slideshow, which was drawings, not pictures, I could think of nothing except "I don't care what the inside looks like, it's all bright blue and yellow squiggles, and if I'm curious about the outside I can go look in a mirror."

That was at public school, too.  I transferred to private christian school in 6th grade and received even less sex ed from there.  This was the area where mentioning the genitals could get you sent to the guidance counselor (who was an extremely fruity, creepy fellow who wore bright pink pants, whole 'nother can of beans).

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2011, 12:51:17 am »

Being a lesbian, it's illegal for me to get married and thus double wrong for me to have sex.  Of course if we're going by the same standards, then I'm already in so much religious trouble that no amount of shoveling will get me out, so I guess the point is ultimately moot.

You can have the ceremony, the government just won't recognize it (and that doesn't matter, because frankly its blatantly unconstitutional that the government recognizes any marriages). The only problem is finding a sect that is willing to hold such a ceremony; I recommend the Church of the SubGenius.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2011, 12:55:04 am »

I'm starting my own religious, forget all that.  Now just to institute something similar to marriage, and get the US government to recognize it...  Of course by "similar" I mean "superior" because I don't want the same rights as straight marriage, I want better rights!  Super-Marriage!  "Oh I see that you and your lady are super-married!  Let me show you to our collection of imported, vintage air guitars!"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27