Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27

Author Topic: Premarital sex talk :O  (Read 68396 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Premarital sex talk :O
« Reply #375 on: October 10, 2011, 08:36:51 pm »

Why not Only Bruce-Lee clones? That way we're killing them off.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 10, 2011, 08:39:06 pm »

Because cloning Bruce Lee is kind of like what happened at Jurassic Park, except the velociraptors now have the ability to punch through concrete and a thirst for bloody revenge.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 10, 2011, 08:42:20 pm »

Then it's obvious what we have to do. Why half-ass this? We're going to give the Bruce Lee clones velociraptor mounts. With jetpacks, because we're dumb.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 10, 2011, 08:45:04 pm »

I support this, if only so we finally put enough funds into R&D'ing jetpacks.

I want my friggin' jetpack already. I thought we were living in the future.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 10, 2011, 09:45:30 pm »

Society decided that fake boobs were more important to research than jetpacks, so we blew all the money on them.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 10, 2011, 09:48:43 pm »

Society decided that fake boobs were more important to research than jetpacks, so we blew all the money on them.
Alright, I'm just brainstorming here, but what if....we took the fuel supply for the jetpacks.......and put it inside the fake boobs. Thoughts? It solves the fuel storage problem, but not the coolant problem...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 10, 2011, 09:55:14 pm »

Alright, I'm just brainstorming here, but what if....we took the fuel supply for the jetpacks.......and put it inside the fake boobs. Thoughts? It solves the fuel storage problem, but not the coolant problem...

Hmm, what are the insulatory properties of silicon? Maybe we could make the jetpacks, themselves, out of fake breasts.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 10, 2011, 09:56:21 pm »

You do realize that this would give a whole new meaning to the phrase "Blonde Bombshell".

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 10, 2011, 09:56:32 pm »

The proper coolant is beer.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Not really Re: Premarital sex talk :O
« Reply #384 on: October 10, 2011, 10:01:55 pm »

This thread's been derailed at least 5 times now. We've been derailing derails.

I like it.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 11, 2011, 03:07:34 am »

How can rocket-propelled boobs NOT be on topic?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 11, 2011, 04:33:13 am »

Apologies, but I make my debut into this thread that I've been lurking (and why not, it's an intriguing title, but not yet quite got to the end because of the way tracking un-contributed threads works) with a probably re-derail, but...

Anyway, since we're on the subject, "Small Gods" is... religion themed, and makes for a good introduction into the Discworld books.
YMMV, since I tend to recommend a variety of starer-books, depending upon the interests of the person.  (If I think they can survive it, I'll at least encourage them to try out TCOM/TLF, with the promise that "this prototype idea grows into something beautifully thought out".  Even PTerry doesn't think they're a particularly good start, in hindsight although I think he was happy with the recent adaptation (which, amongst other things, conflated Hrun and Cohen.)  But Small Gods has the advantage of being very standalone.  Only uses the Discworld concept insofar as a ready base (although his Gaiman novel and Nation were Roundworld-based, so not sure how necessary that is) and gives an interesting inversion to the "everybody knows/believes" idea.

He did also do some scifi books, but I've always felt they're a little "meh".
Dark Side Of The Sun and of course the one with the proto-discworld (tech-based, masquarading as magic, instead of the inverse) were early creations too.  They'd be different these days.  And the Truckers Trilogy is a children's series from his early days.  As, indeed was TCP, albeit written when he was... 16?  and revised when he was older...  Original "just the teenage author" versions are valuable for their rarity, though not necessarily for their writing style.

Look to his more recent "children's" books (I consider them mainstream canon, plus TAMAHER, though YMMV), and the way the Tiffany Aching series has led.  Dark.  Approaching the darkness of Thud, in places, with the I Shall Wear Midnight one.  We're talking teenage pregnancy and... more.  Which leads us, quite unexpectedly, back on topic.

It would be too broad a church to say that I agree with everything Pratchett expounds, but when it comes to some of the key issues in this thread, I think I agree with the way he portrays things.  (Ok, so not literally in the case of the gods, but certainly the lifecycle of any given god 'meme' and, on the whole, I'd prefer the practicality of the Witches (ranging all the way from Granny to Tiffany) and their communities to the way many Roundworld communities dictate things, when it comes to this thread's subject.

Anyway, I should stop myself before this turns into an essay on why I like Terry Pratchett.
Ditto. :)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 11, 2011, 06:13:14 am »

« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 06:18:55 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 11, 2011, 08:03:31 am »

Cor, what a lovely pair of bazookas![/letch]

(Ok, so not technically bazookas or bazooka rounds...)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 14, 2011, 11:28:04 am »

the point of a "blank canvas" being preferable is on page 1.
I claim that the appeal of that idea come from the fact that a virgin is seen as more pure

That's a different way of phrasing it, but essentially yes. However, I'm approaching it from a Pavlovian sense, rather than a religious one. If a girl's first orgasm is all with a 200lb weight lifter, she's likely to develop a preference for muscular guys. If a guy's first time is in his girlfriend's house watching the door because her parents might come in at any moment, he's likely to develop a preference for risky sex in places he might get caught. And the more consistently one engages in any particular activity while in a highly pleasured state, the more strongly those cues will come to be associated with pleasure in the mind.

Waiting for sex doesn't really help in this respect as much as you imply. I know from personal experience that if you wait to have sex for the first time you just wind up imprinting on objects in your bedroom or bathroom or wherever you masturbate. And then you wind up with paraphilia.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27