Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Starving Baby and other small problems  (Read 2359 times)

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starving Baby and other small problems
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2011, 12:02:37 pm »

Rules of Cbow training:
 1. Create enough cbows/quivers to equip each soldier.
 2. Create squad, assign either each individually a crossbow, or assign it in a uniform with it
 3. Build several ranges with targets at the end. Set firing range for each direction you want them to fire at it from, and assign each target to that squad/squads as training(T)
 4. If you have no hunters remove ammo reserved from them. Assign bolts to the squad. You can assign your choice of materials for the bolts. If you want to micromanage the rate they use the bolts just only produce cruddy bolts(pratice) when you want them to go archery practice. Make/trade up another small pile ofcombat bolts that you can assign when fun arrives. Be sure to set any bolts you assign as CT.
 5. Dwarves will need to practice. If these soldiers are going to be full time soldiers, remove their hauling labors, on whatever schedule they are on make sure that the order for the months has the No Scheduled Order. They will practice more in their free time. If the month has train they will usually just hang around the range giving demonstrations in odd combat skills instead of doing archery practice which is what you want. Assign them a shield also. if you forget to make them bolts in their free time will individually train with the shields, which helps in defense

Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2011, 12:07:16 pm »

Also, ensure to give them a barracks for dodging/armor/shield training.
This is a blank sig.

Iren

• Bay Watcher
  • I BREW THE BEER I DRINK
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2011, 05:07:49 pm »

From what I've heard, the mother is the responsible one in feeding/taking care of the baby. If she dies then hope the baby is nearing childhood.

Most likely, one of the babies in my fortress had lost his mother, but the father was still alive and working around. The neglected child was crawling around crying for food and water but no one would help him, not even his father. Poor child.
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
Pages: 1 [2]