Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ninja 7 year old.  (Read 11256 times)

Victuz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ninja 7 year old.
« on: October 01, 2011, 11:04:05 am »

Here is a quick story (sadly no pics today). When I eventually got bored of my last fort I decided to break HFS it was certain death I had weak military and didn't prep any cave ins or anything. It was meant to be destroyed so my adventurer could come in and die beat the shit out of hell. In about 15 minutes all my military and 120 other dwarves were dead. Only guy left was a 7 year old skillfully dodging attacks of 3 demons.

They couldn't EVER hit him. A migrant wave came by and got slaughtered and he was still completely untouchable. Out of curiosity I checked his stats in runesmith, His agility and toughness were triple the racial standard O_o. He eventually succumbed to starvation but still... he dodged demon attacks in that single damn corridor for over 2 seasons... Have you guys ever had this kind of "magical super ninja" kids?
I once flung a migrant off a bridge. He collided with the brook cliff and died.
A year later, my legendary engraver engraved him colliding with an obstacle and dying.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Ninja 7 year old.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 11:07:35 am »

It's statistically eventually assured.  Stats are random, more or less, and eventually one had to appear with such insane stats!  I'm actually surprised he didn't pass out and get headshot.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 11:12:28 am »

...  a child dodged demons until he starved.  Not passed out, not even dehydrated.  That isn't a ninja, that's a glitch in the matrix turning one dwarf kid into Urist McNeo
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 11:21:23 am »

...  a child dodged demons until he starved.  Not passed out, not even dehydrated.  That isn't a ninja, that's a glitch in the matrix turning one dwarf kid into Urist McNeo
I think that's probably the best way to some this up  :o then again I had something similar except it was so much worse... forgotten beast takes on a nest of antmen, kills all but one drone who simply uses the beast as a training dummy as it spends 100+ report pages fighting it and eventually wins with +5 legendary in spear, shield, dodging and fighting (can't remember what the attributes were like but I guess crazy high), for a while I would defeat my enemies just by baiting the antman too the harder to kill enemies and have it slaughter them, eventually though I was a bit slow to pull a drawbridge and it got in massacring the military and entire fortress population of about 150. It's kills included 3 FBs, 2 goblin sieges + 1 dwarf fortress.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 11:22:52 am »

Don't animal people that killed hostiles and FBs and stuff became friendly to the fort?
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 11:29:12 am »

Don't animal people that killed hostiles and FBs and stuff became friendly to the fort?
I wish  :P
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 01:41:13 pm »

If they don't, at least they used to. Âsax, for instance.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
  • Listen to my album at www.oldschoolpoindexter.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2011, 02:04:51 pm »

i have a cave fish woman spearmaster who did just that.
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!

B@df-WF

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2011, 02:53:16 pm »

One of the Olm Men did for me. He got killed by another FB shortly thereafter...

Komra

• Bay Watcher
  • This is your brain on DF
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2011, 03:43:30 pm »

...  a child dodged demons until he starved.  Not passed out, not even dehydrated.  That isn't a ninja, that's a glitch in the matrix turning one dwarf kid into Urist McNeo.

Totally sigging this.
But you never see a movie where a terrible coal plant accident causes a horrible devastation, do you? Nope, everyone seems to think that nuclear plants get their energy by smacking live atomic warheads all day or something.

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2011, 09:01:45 pm »

I have a friendly neighborhood batman in my current fort. He became friendly after getting revenge on the forgotten beast that murdered his parents.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2011, 09:33:25 pm »

I have a friendly neighborhood batman in my current fort. He became friendly after getting revenge on the forgotten beast that murdered his parents.

Do you call for his aide by dropping magma down a bat-shaped hole in the ceiling of the cavern it lurks in?