Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Multiworld Madness II. One Long Darn Corridor (Turn XXII) (game thread)  (Read 53440 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

"Right, lets get this done. Here, birdy birdy birdy..."

Double whack with the flat of the board and use pokeball.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

Hmm, seems to be somewhat under control, atleast I am here now so if things go fubar I can step in.
I sit back ready to step in if my help is needed to stop someone on my side from dieing
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 10:39:02 pm by penguinofhonor »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

"Now's our chance to attack! Keep it on the ground!"

Attack with the knife and do my best to keep the creature on the ground.

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
    • My game dev hobby blog (updates almost never)

The strain on Jac's arms trigger an old reflex from forgotten times.

Action: Temporary transformation - Tentacle arms!  Lightning grab!
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

=== TURN XVI ===

= WRAPPING IT UP =

Spoiler: Results (click to show/hide)

Alix notices Zarkov standing further up the road and shouts out to him. "Stand back, Dragonheart, don't interfere!" Zarkov just smiles. "Wasn't planning to, honestly. I see you've got things well in hand." Alix clenches her wrench. "You bet I do!"

As Zarkov watches on, Alix leaps forward and swings madly at the Turtwig, which does its best to get out of the way of the wrench-swinging woman. Every attack misses by less and less as Alix forces the pokemon back and keeps the momentum of the attack going. "Stand still, you little..!," Alix exclaims, jumping at the tortoise, arms with the wrench raised for an overhead smash down. The Turtwig's eyes widen, and suddenly, instead of dodging, it hides into its shell! Alix's attack hits dead on, bringing the full power of an enraged five-foot-two woman and four pounds of wrench down onto the pokemon's back. It would've ended quite badly for the Turtwig, if it wasn't for one little fact.

It's a turtle, with a hard earthen shell.

The wrench bounces back, vibrating wildly and flying out of Alix's grasp! Alix loses her balance, having gone all-out on this one attack, and tumbles over the Turtwig, landing awkwardly on the grass beside the road. She looks up, seeing the pokemon still in its shell, sitting silently on the ground, perhaps a little rattled by the heavy blow. Suddenly, Alix realizes the opening she's created.

"Caty, use String Shot! Now!"

The Metapod dutifully obliges, unleashing a torrent of sticky webbing with pinpoint accuracy, completely covering the immobile Turtwig. "Keep it up, Caty!" Alix shouts, staggering up to her feet. "String Shot, again!" Alix dashes to the webbed Turtwig and, tearing the sticky webs off the ground with considerable effort, flips the tortoise over before another stream of web lands on top of it, now creating a complete, solid cover of webs over all of the Turtwig's shell. Alix exhales heavily and wipes a few drops of sweat off her forehead. Looking first at Caty, then at Zarkov, she picks the encased pokemon up and holds it under her arm.

"Well, that's a wrap."

--------

Back at the hillside, the three Seekers pile upon the wild Pidgeotto in an attempt to subdue it. Jake leaps at it with his pocket knife. Derek swings at it with his two-by-four. Jac... sort of flails his arms around and trips over his feet, falling on top of it. In the ensuing scuffle and tangle of bodies, nobody manages to get seriously hurt, including the increasingly disoriented and confused Pidgeotto. Derek is the first to come to his senses, and rummages through his backpack for another Pokeball.

"Alright, third time's the charm.. go, Pokeball!"

Derek assumes a classic pitcher pose, despite being a few feet away from his target, and tosses the ball as hard as he can. The ball flies true, striking the pinned Pidgeotto in the chest, and immediately absorbs the Pokemon into itself. Derek doesn't see this, however, because he has put too much force into the throw and slipped on the patch of grass he was standing on, landing face first into the ground. He remains lying that way even as the Pokeball emits a "ping" and goes still on the grass beside him.

Non-narrative events summary:

> Derek Coonan has recovered a skill!
      > Junior League Dropout: You were kicked out of your local baseball team for lapses in performance, despite being moderately good at it. Your AGI score varies between 50% and 150% of its base value for throwing and catching objects, as well as hitting something with a long stick.

> Jac Loscure failed to discover any powers. It seems neither this universe nor the one he came from have any instances of people with tentacle arms.

==========
=== STATUS ===
==========
Locations:
>Green Hill
==========
Characters:
> Jake Marshall (Hill side)
> Derek Coonan (Hill side)
> Alix Meier (Road)
> Zarkov Dragonheart (Road)
> Jac Loscure (Hill side)
==========
Allies:

> Caty the Metapod (with Alix)
> Zak the Zangoose (with Zarkov)
==========
Enemies:
=<Enemy Status>=
> Wild Turtwig (Carried by Alix)
==========
Comments in the discussion thread, please.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Multiworld Madness II. Wrapping It Up (Turn XVI) (game thread)
« Reply #111 on: February 10, 2013, 11:30:07 am »

"Gentelmen." Derek intones, as he picks up his new companion. "I have saved us all! Hehehe, excellent! This is turning into a good day. Right then. Nickname, nickname... Aether? Aether sounds good. Now, come on out!"

Bring out Aether, introduce self and examine for debilitating wounds.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #112 on: February 10, 2013, 04:44:01 pm »

Well now that thats all wrapped up we should both head back to the rest of the group while trying to avoid tall grass if we can. I think I heard another fight going on while I was looking for you so I must assume the others managed to get attacked but I figure they probably have it taken care  of by now.
   I head back to join up with the rest of the party, first by heading to where we had last been gathered at and then back tracking towards the point of origin in this world looking for them till I find them. Once there I follow them wherever they go so as to not get left somewhere.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
    • My game dev hobby blog (updates almost never)
« Reply #113 on: February 11, 2013, 01:36:22 am »

Yaargh!  What in the world was I doing?

Jac stands up and dusts himself off.  It's as if he's always been male, maybe.

"Clearly, the only way to fight around here is by using Pokémon," he says to himself, before asking the nearby Seekers: "Have any of you figured out what we are looking for yet?  I have no clue at all."

Action: Stick with other Seekers.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 11, 2013, 03:57:58 am »

"Maybe it's something to do with these ball things? A really special one perhaps?" Jake muses as he picks himself up and brushes the dirt off. "I'm going to have a look around from ontop of the hill to see if I can see a town or something. Surely someone in this world might know about what we are looking for!"

Climb to the top of the hill and take a lookout position. Have a good hard look at the surrounding terrain for any signs of civilization and memorize which direction they are in.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 11, 2013, 04:30:42 pm »

Alix
Right. With him guy dealt with, I better sort myself out. Putting the turtwig down on the ground, I sat on top of him, using him as a sort of stool to rest on. I then got back to trying to sort my nose out,setting it and stemming the bleeding using a bit of Caty's web.

Fix up my injuries as best I can.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 12, 2013, 04:15:27 am »

=== TURN XVII ===

= LOOKING AROUND =
(the oft-forgotten action)

Spoiler: Results (click to show/hide)

Derek stands up and dusts himself off, picking up his Pokeball while his teammates untangle themselves. "Heh. So much effort to catch you." He smiles. "But I know, you'll be worth it. I'll name you... Aether." With a purposely exaggerated motion, Derek points the Pokeball at the ground and proclaims, "Aether, come out!"

A second later, the shape of the Pidgeotto appears on the grass before him. Aether is still a little dazed, but makes no moves to escape. Good, Derek thinks to himself as he moves in to examine the bird. After a quick examination, Derek is relieved to see that Aether's injuries are mostly superficial. A bruise here, a scrape there. The torn out patch of feathers won't heal by itself, and is unlikely to be fixed by a Potion, but something tells Derek that any Pokemon center will be able to take care of it. For her part, Aether calmly accepts being examined, which strikes Derek as a little odd considering her previous behavior, but he dismisses it as the consequence of being caught. The pokemon is also still a little dazed from being thrown around and assaulted by several slightly murderous people, so Derek decides to give Aether some air and lets her rest.

In the meantime, Jake returns to the lookout spot that Aether had so unceremoniously chased him off from. The hilltop is an excellent vantage point, with very few of the surrounding terrain features being of comparable height. Jake makes out the light brown strip of the road, weaving inbetween the hills and groves, leading off into the distant mountains in one direction, and through a rather dense forest in the other. Trying to spot signs of civilization proves near futile, with no obvious skylines or clouds of smog to tell the location of the nearest city. However, after a few minutes of squinting, Jake makes out what seems like a small wooden house, just peeking out over the top of a hillock somewhere near the mountain-bound part of the road.

Non-narrative events summary:

> Alix manages to right her nose, and successfully binds her split lips with the aid of Caty's web spray and some creative poking of holes. She now wears what amounts to a surgical mask made of webbing, with a slit for the mouth. The nose is unlikely to heal up properly without proper medical attention though.
   > The Turtwig tries to chew his way out of the cocoon, but only gets its mouth glued shut by the sticky webs.
   > Zarkov and Zak almost manage to get lost again, but sticking to being outside of the tall grass allows them to circumnavigate the hill and rejoin Derek and Jac, rather tired.
   > Yes, Aether is a "she".

==========
=== STATUS ===
==========
Locations:
> Green Hill (current position)
> Tall Mountains (far "up" the road)
> Wooden house ("up" the road)
> Dense Forest ("down" the road)
==========
Characters:
> Jake Marshall (Hill top)
> Derek Coonan (Hill side)
> Alix Meier (Road)
> Zarkov Dragonheart (Hill side)
> Jac Loscure (Hill side)
==========
Allies:

> Caty the Metapod (with Alix)
> Zak the Zangoose (with Zarkov)
> Aether the Pidgeotto (with Derek)
==========
Enemies:
=<Enemy Status>=
> Wild Turtwig (Carried by Alix)
==========
Comments in the discussion thread, please.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Multiworld Madness II. Looking Around (Turn XVII) (game thread)
« Reply #117 on: February 12, 2013, 04:27:42 am »

There is a road thataway [points towards road] and Alix is at it right now. I think there was a house along it so its something we can check out for whatever it is we need to be getting.
   Lead the group to the road and Alix then once there let someone else take the lead for a little bit. Also if I notice the Turtwig struggling in the webbing I talk to it and see whats up.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 12, 2013, 09:36:31 am »

Alix
That's better... I can imagine I don't look the best now though.
"Now, about you..." I said to the turwid, "I'd say you've lost, am I right? So, you're gonna be a good pokemon and let me capture you, alright?"
Trusting the pokemon to understand me, I pulled out my other pokeball.

Catch the turtwig with my final pokeball.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 12, 2013, 11:15:57 am »

"Aether, I need you to fly up high over the forest opposite the mountains and see if you can spot any signs of human civilization past it. Large buildings and such. I can probably get your feathers repaired if we can find a large enough settlement, eh?" Derek glances at Jake, listening to him whoop about his discovery. "We'll be near the road over there. If you get tired or don't find anything, come back."

Reconnissance! Wait by the trail.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 12:21:25 pm by dermonster »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11