Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Multiworld Madness II. One Long Darn Corridor (Turn XXII) (game thread)  (Read 51867 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Multiworld Madness II. Looking Around (Turn XVII) (game thread)
« Reply #120 on: February 12, 2013, 12:20:23 pm »

Upon seeing the house in the distance, Jake gives a cheer of happiness and relief. "I can see a house! It's near the road, so we can make good time heading towards it if we stay on the road and walk towards the mountains. Hopefully, someone lives there and can provide us directions to civilization or has a map we can look at." As he starts to walk back down the hill, he stops and stares at the grass where he had found supplies before. "I'm going to take another look through the grass to see if we missed anything useful, then we can get going, ok? We could definately use the help!"

Search the grass one more time for anything that we have missed, then head down to the road with the others. Stay on guard incase of pokemon ambush.

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
    • My game dev hobby blog (updates almost never)
« Reply #121 on: February 13, 2013, 01:28:48 am »

Pokémon worlds sometimes have useful berries...

Action:  Follow Zarkov to the road, while looking for bushes with berries or fruit.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 13, 2013, 06:36:56 am »

=== TURN XVIII ===

= TIME TO HIT THE ROAD =

Spoiler: Results (click to show/hide)

Once Jake returns and describes his findings, the Seekers start preparing to move out. Jac and Zarkov have few things to do and start towards the road immediately. Derek sits down next to Aether and mouths some instructions to her before walking off as well. The Pidgeotto squawks in confirmation and takes flight, flying in the direction of the forest.

Jake stands amidst the clearing and scratches his head. The temptation to dive back into the tall grass to look for more things to loot sell help the team survive in this world is overwhelming, but a nagging thought in the back of his head holds him back. There may well be nothing there but more danger. Jake sways back and forward, teetering on the edge of a decision, hesitant to plunge back into the grass and unwilling to leave empty-handed. A metallic glint in the peripheral vision catches his attention, tearing him out of the stupor, and Jake wanders over to the object. Looking it over, he can only give an exasperated sigh.

"Well, damn. How did I forget about this?"

--------

Back at the road, Alix is still waiting for the rest of the team to come down from the hill so everyone can get going. The wait is boring, and the cocooned Turtwig, now employed as an improvised stool, is emitting increasingly annoyed (and annoying) noises. Alix looks over at Caty, who is still sitting nearby, motionless as only a transitionary evolution form of an insect can be. I won't be able to just rely on you forever, she thinks, twirling a shrunken Pokeball in her hands. Finally, she decides that whatever use someone else might have for a Turtwig, they could always find more Pokemon. Besides, she defeated this one fair and square.

"Hey, Turtwig," she begins. "I'd say you've lost, don't you agree? I defeated you fair and square, right?" The Turtwig seems to murmur something in response, but its mouth appears to be full. Alix continues, expanding the Pokeball in her hand. "So, you're going to be a good Pokemon and let me catch you, alright?" With that, she stands up and taps the cocooned Turtwig with the ball. The device immediately opens up and swallows the pokemon in a flash of red light, leaving behind an empty cocoon. Alix suddenly realizes that this might not have been the best idea, as the ball blinks a red light and wobbles slightly in her hand. This continues for a few tense seconds, the Turtwig seeming to struggle against the pokeball's restraint.

The grass suddenly parts behind Alix with a loud rustle, almost causing her to drop the ball. Zarkov Dragonheart stumbles out onto the road, with Zak, Jac, and Derek following behind him. All four of them seem to be eating something. Approaching Alix, Jac digs inside his backpack and hands her a handful of small round fruit that look strikingly similar to shrunk Pokeballs painted blue. "Here, try some," he says. "Found a shrub of these and some others on the way here. Might be useful later, but I got enough to last us a while."

Suddenly, a portion of the tall grass bursts outward, releasing a blur of man, steel, and gleaming wire-spoked wheels onto the road. The blur stops and rings its bell enthusiastically, grinning like mad. The Seekers return blank stares. "Oh stop with those looks, people," Jake exclaims, getting off his frankenbicycle. "Can't a man have some fun around here?"

As Alix tries to process this, Zarkov walks up to her and hands her a wrench. "Here, I found it by the side of the road. Or rather, my foot did. Be careful where you lose your tools, miss." He makes a motion as if tipping his hat, but his hand grasps at the empty space above his head. He looks at it absentmindedly and turns his attention elsewhere while Alix examines the wrench. It couldn't possibly be her wrench, she thought, because hers was bent, and this one... isn't. Although she did hit that Turtwig kind of hard...

Oh, Turtwig!

Alix suddenly remembers that she is still holding a Pokeball with a potentially dangerous turtle that is about to break out. She quickly checks on the ball, but it is perfectly still. In the commotion caused by the arrival of her teammates, the successful capture signal of the ball was completely ignored.

----

A few minutes later, Aether returns, landing next to the team. The combined force of Derek, Zarkov, and Zak acting as a translator, manages to decipher what she has seen. Apparently for much of the way in, the forest isn't at all interesting. There are, however, a large number of Pokemon, a lot of them not even native to these parts, and all or most unnaturally aggressive to strangers. There are some kind of ruins deep in the forest, but apart from a particularly large Pokemon keeping guard over them, they don't seem to be entirely important.

Non-narrative events summary:

> Just about everything was covered. Look at the end of post for special action for next turn.

==========
=== STATUS ===
==========
Locations:
> Green Hill (current position)
> Tall Mountains (far "up" the road)
> Wooden house ("up" the road)
> Dense Forest ("down" the road)
> Ruins (deep in the Dense Forest)
==========
Characters:
> Jake Marshall (Road)
> Derek Coonan (Road)
> Alix Meier (Road)
> Zarkov Dragonheart (Road)
> Jac Loscure (Road)
==========
Vehicles:
> Frankencycle (with Jake): Cobbled from the remains of two smashed bicycles, this is a perfectly normal pedal-powered two-wheel transport for up to two people.
==========
Allies:

> Caty the Metapod (with Alix)
> Zak the Zangoose (with Zarkov)
> Aether the Pidgeotto (with Derek)
==========
Enemies:
=<Enemy Status>=
> No enemies present.
==========
==SPECIAL ACTION FOR NEXT TURN==
Decide where you are going as a team and what you do along the way.
Normal action will be applied before setting out.

Comments in the discussion thread, please.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 08:29:49 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 13, 2013, 08:34:04 am »

"Looks like the ruins is at the centre of this Pokémon madness, but our combat prowess is still a bit underwhelming.  We have five normal humans, slightly armed, a tortoise (notoriously slow and a herbivore), a cocoon (even slower and less dangerous) and a colourful mongoose-like thing.

"I vote we check out the little house up the road and get some intel."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Multiworld Madness II. Time To Hit The Road (Turn XVIII) (game thread)
« Reply #124 on: February 13, 2013, 08:45:06 am »

"I agree. The ruins may not even have what we are looking for in the first place, and we are pathetically underprepared right now. One or two of us can ride this up to the house to scout it out for us while we walk there. I'll stay here with the group and look you guys over to see if there's anything I can do for your injuries."

Special action: Head to the house. Treat my companions injuries as best as possible.

Diagnose my companion's injuries and think about how to treat them, then do so.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 13, 2013, 09:13:02 am »

"I third this motion. For all we know, the ruins could contain a hostile pseudo legendary and we have at best a day or two's worth of supplies, and a forest full of poisonous bugs between us and it."

Derek pauses, in thought. "I would like to come back and investigate, one day. For now, houseward it is."

Derek pet Aether lightly. "Good work, girl, saved us a bit of trouble, you did. You can have a bit of a snooze, for now." He said, and returned her to his pokeball.

"I'll ride up with Jake." he said, turning back to the group. "I'll send info back with Aether if we find anything while you guys aren't there."

Special Action: Ride with Jake.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #126 on: February 13, 2013, 11:14:35 am »

*Sigh* I guess its technically a bike and if it works it works, Still me and Zak will be walking. Anyway I agree the house seems the most logical place to start. As the pokedex apparently communicates in a language we understand any writing we find should be readable as well.
   Special is of course head to the house while my action will be to keep a sharp lookout while heading there then doing a very thorough job searching the house once we get there.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 13, 2013, 08:22:17 pm »

Alix

"I wonder if that healing spray would work on a human... Any ideas guys?" Also, I need to decide a name for Turtwig. Something that fitted him, I'm assuming it's a him anyway. After heaering Derek's suggestion she was decided. A'tuin.

Try to work out if the spray would fix my face (I guess int or wis), and tag along with the rest of the gang. Name the turtwig A'Tuin.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 09:12:25 pm by Kashyyk »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 13, 2013, 08:24:56 pm »

"I'd go for something like 'Tank', myself." Derek offers. "Maybe Golem. Its an earthy turtle right?"

Derek's eyes light up. "Oh! Name it A'tuin!"

« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 08:31:17 pm by dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 14, 2013, 04:39:22 am »

=== TURN XIX ===

= A STROKE OF LUCK? =

Spoiler: Results (click to show/hide)

After a few minutes of delay, during which Alix attempts to spray herself with the Potion, to no avail, and Derek demonstrates his utter inability to ride a bicycle, the whole group of Seekers decides to just walk along the road towards the mountains, keeping on the lookout for the wooden house behind a hill and any other oddities. Despite a certain present tension, and the perceived threat of the large swathes of tall grass swaying in the wind as they pass them, the group meets no opposition. The walk is uneventful, the calm soothing breeze and eye-pleasing forms and colors of the landscape reminding the Seekers that despite its violent underlay, this world is still based on a shonen anime series. Before long, the wooden structure that Jake had seen from the hilltop comes into view. The group approaches its entrance, looking up in slight disbelief.

"Jake. I thought you said this was a wooden house."

The building standing before them is huge, an elaborate four-story mansion with carved wooden supports and arched windows, half-set into the side of the hill. The front door resembles a double castle gate, with an image of a four-leaf clover surrounded by many smaller clovers deeply carved into it. Cresting the top is a penthouse, the only part of the building visible from the other side of the hill.

Jake turns to look at his fellow Seekers and shrugs. "Well, a huge mansion does count as a house, right?"

The group stands there for a minute, looking over the structure. The mansion is obviously unfinished, areas of it lacking the exquisite paintwork that covers most of the ground floor and some parts of the second and third, and at least a few rooms still being built. It seems as if the mansion expanded as it was being constructed, the owner forced to add more rooms and floors than initially planned to account for a sudden change of plans. A fence or wall seems to have been planned as well, but only exists now as a few thick wooden posts, carved at the top into the shape of a four-leaf clover. The ground floor windows are covered by closed shutters, engraved with the same design as the door.

Not a sound comes from within the building, and no lights are on. From the outside, it seems as though the building is abandoned.

Zarkov gives the handle of the door an experimental tug. The door doesn't open. He tugs harder, and a few more times, when Derek comes up and motions him aside.

"Why such impatience? Have you tried knocking?"

He raises his hand to follow up on his words, when suddenly there's a clang, and the door opens slowly inward, its hinges singing a heart-rending song of mis-maintenance. A tired-looking man, obviously in his 40s but with an air of energy about him, appears behind the half-open door. He's stout, wearing a white longcoat embossed with the outline of a four-leaf clover, with a thick grey mustache and almost thicker eyebrows on his ever so slightly wrinkled face. The man eyes the Seekers warily and furrows his brow.

"Yes? Can I help you?"

Non-narrative events summary:

> Derek's robe got caught in the bike's chain and he barely managed to remain unscathed as he fell all over the place. The robe is only slightly tarnished.
   > Alix got a faceful of Potion, using up about half before realizing it probably won't work on a human. It seems to work using some kind of biological principle unique to Pokemon.

==========
=== STATUS ===
==========
Locations:
> Green Hill ("down" the road)
> Tall Mountains ("up" the road)
> Wooden Mansion (current position)
> Dense Forest (far "down" the road)
> Ruins (deep in the Dense Forest)
==========
Characters:
> Jake Marshall (Mansion entrance)
> Derek Coonan (Mansion entrance)
> Alix Meier (Mansion entrance)
> Zarkov Dragonheart (Mansion entrance)
> Jac Loscure (Mansion entrance)
==========
Vehicles:
> Frankencycle (with Jake): Cobbled from the remains of two smashed bicycles, this is a perfectly normal pedal-powered two-wheel transport for up to two people.
==========
Allies:

> Caty the Metapod (with Alix)
> Zak the Zangoose (with Zarkov)
==========
Enemies:
=<Enemy Status>=
> No enemies present.
==========
Comments in the discussion thread, please.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Multiworld Madness II. A Stroke Of Luck? (Turn XIX) (game thread)
« Reply #130 on: February 14, 2013, 08:55:40 am »

"Aha, yes, excuse me. Sorry to interrupt, but due to a series of extroardinary events, we seem to have come across the remains of a large, crashed airship over yonder and simultaneously become unbelievably lost." Derek attempted to explain. "Don't know what country we're in type of lost, in fact. This house has been the only sign of civilization we've yet seen. I don't suppose you could tell us where we are? Also we've been savaged by wild pokemon almost non-stop since we found the zepplin. We would be grateful for a chair."

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 14, 2013, 09:47:30 am »

Alix

So, it would seem blue potion both doesn't work on humans and doesn't taste all that great. There goes that plan...

Whilst half listening to Derek talk to the guy, I peer into the depths of the house.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #132 on: February 14, 2013, 12:50:18 pm »

No sounds yet someone answers the door almost right away? Sounds suspicious that.
   Give the house a good looking over while the others are talking to the guy to see if I can spot anything amiss.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 14, 2013, 09:47:49 pm »

"We do need some help as we are in a pretty banged up state. Can you help us please?"

Help assist Derek with negotiation by pointing out our various injuries and poor state of affairs.

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 15, 2013, 01:44:24 am »

When Derek is finished talking to the old man, Jac asks him what kind of place this is.

Edit:  Minor fix-ups.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11