Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Multiworld Madness II. One Long Darn Corridor (Turn XXII) (game thread)  (Read 53411 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Multiworld Madness II. A Stroke Of Luck? (Turn XIX) (game thread)
« Reply #135 on: February 15, 2013, 09:26:07 am »

=== TURN XX ===

= NOT OMINOUS AT ALL =

Spoiler: Results (click to show/hide)

Derek recoils from the man, the sudden appearance momentarily freaking him out. Seeing him stammer, struggling to begin conversation, Jake steps in and does his best to salvage the stalled introduction. "Hello, sir." he says, tipping his baseball cap. "We are terribly sorry to inconvenience you, but we kinda need help. There's been an airship crash, and we are very lost. We've been going on foot for some time now, and suffered attacks by aggressive Pokemon in the area. This house is the first sign of civilization we've seen here, and we'd be very grateful for any assistance you can provide. Even if it's just a map to the nearest town."

The man's expression lightens, and even shifts to concern at the mention of the crash. He quickly glances over the rest of the team, noticing the scrapes, cuts, bruises and bandages on them and their pokemon. "Oh, my. You seem to be in quite a tangle." The man opens the double doors fully inward, revealing a large, but sparsely decorated entrance hall. "I'm afraid there is little I can provide, but I will not refuse help to travellers in need. Please, come in." He motions towards the cushioned benches in the hall. "There is some business I must attend to, but I will return shortly. Welcome to Cloverfield Manor."

The Seekers exchange glances and walk into the hall. Jake leaves his bicycle at the door. Zarkov pauses at the entrance, thoughtfully looking the mansion over before heading in as well. A nagging thought in the back of his mind tells him that something about the building is off, but he can't find anything suspicious in just its looks. It seems about as normal as a haphazardly expanded mansion set into the side of a hill can be.

On the inside, the mansion seems pretty normal too. Four men, a woman, and two pokemon seat themselves on the reasonably comfortable benches and look around while the man, either the owner or his butler, closes the door and heads off into the depths of the building. Alix does her best to take stock of the surroundings. The hall isn't very extravagant or lavish, but is far from spartan. The benches, intricately carved with clover leaves, line the walls while a single large round table with a dozen chairs stands in the center. The surface of the table bears the same pattern as the door - a large four-leaf clover surrounded by a lot of smaller ones, and getting smaller toward the edge of the design. A series of lamps in carved wooden frames - carved in the shape of a clover - hang from the ceiling. None of this seems entirely strange, or suspicious, though it does tell volumes about the interior designer of the place.

The wait isn't too long. After some ten minutes, the man returns with a tray filled with cups and some assorted objects. He sets it down on the table, and a smell of what seems like some kind of herbal tea fills the room. "Please," the man says. "Help yourselves. It's my favorite blend." He pulls a chair out and sits on it, motioning the Seekers to do the same. "Sorry for having to leave without introducing myself. I am professor Cloverfield, and, as you may have guessed, this is my manor. Now, why don't you have a seat here at the table and tell me your about yourselves? I don't get many guests here, so I'll even tell you some of my story too." He looks lost in thought for a moment, his eyes not looking at anywhere in particular. "I have held onto it... far too long."

Non-narrative events summary:

> Derek failed his introduction speech, so Jake and Jac's successes combined to result in this.
   > The tray has enough cups of tea for everyone, and some miscellaneous objects you can't quite see from where you are.

==========
=== STATUS ===
==========
Locations:
> Tall Mountains ("up" the road)
> Cloverfield Manor (current position)
> Green Hill ("down" the road)
> Dense Forest (far "down" the road)
> Ruins (deep in the Dense Forest)
==========
Characters:
> Jake Marshall (Mansion entrance)
> Derek Coonan (Mansion entrance)
> Alix Meier (Mansion entrance)
> Zarkov Dragonheart (Mansion entrance)
> Jac Loscure (Mansion entrance)
==========
Vehicles:
> Frankencycle (at manor entrance): Cobbled from the remains of two smashed bicycles, this is a perfectly normal pedal-powered two-wheel transport for up to two people.
==========
Allies:

> Caty the Metapod (with Alix)
> Zak the Zangoose (with Zarkov)
==========
Enemies:
> No enemies present.
==========
Comments in the discussion thread, please.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Multiworld Madness II. Not Ominous At All (Turn XX) (game thread)
« Reply #136 on: February 15, 2013, 05:13:38 pm »

"Ah, thank you." Derek said, and sipped a little. It was pretty good. "Ah, right. My name is Derek Coonan and these are my associates, Jake Marshall, Alex Meier, Zarkov Dragonheart, and Jac Loscure. Due to events I am physically unable to explain, we got extremely lost in that forest over yonder. We shortly found a crashed airship nearby, with supplies and such scattered about nearby."

Derek sips a bit more tea, his mouth dry.

"We managed to fix a bycycle and gather a few pokeballs along with miscellaneous camping tools when we were jumped in rapid succession a caterpie, a pidgeotto, a very fierce zangoose, the
same pidgeotto which now rests in this ball, and a turtwig. I will tell you, we had never even held a pokeball until this moment. Zerkov managed to pin and capture the Zangoose after several back and forths (I managed to get a good twack in with a two by four), Alix befriended the Caterpie and Turtwig, and I caught the Pidgeotto. We found a road and saw this place from the top of a hill. After brief recon of the other direction, and that the road went lead to nowhere but old ruins, we traveled here."

Derek shrugs. "That's about it, really. Can you tell us where we are?"
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 15, 2013, 07:26:46 pm »

Alix
Starting slightly, as Derek mentioned my name, I quickly nodded and grabbed one of the teacups. It may just have been my paranoid streak but I wasn't completely at ease in that manor. Whilst faking sips at my newly acquired beverage I kept examing our new companions, the five humans and two pokemon, but specifically our host. I wasn't yet certain that he was all he seemed to be.

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
    • My game dev hobby blog (updates almost never)
« Reply #138 on: February 15, 2013, 09:15:21 pm »

While retrieving a cup of tea, Jac examines the 'miscellaneous objects'.

This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #139 on: February 16, 2013, 01:36:16 am »

Hmm, if something feels off then this could be interesting.
Code: (My action) [Select]
<I get a cup of tea after everyone else has gotten theirs, helping pass them out. Once I have
mine I take a breath like I am savoring the smell of it but while doing so I try to detect any scent of
poison or drugs in it.>

<IF I don't smell any of that THEN I take a small sip and while savoring the flavor I try to taste
   any poison or drug in it.>

<IF I can manage to delay long enough so that we are onto his story I pretend to be engrossed
      by his story while drinking as slowly as I can>

<IF at any point someone does something that would let me set my drink down THEN I do so
      and don't pick it up until someone points out that I am not drinking mine, then I act like I had
      forgotten it and I pick it up and resume drinking slowly>

<IF AT ANY POINT any of the group who have been drinking the tea starts to seem unnaturally
   drowsy or starts to look sick THEN I set my cup down and act slightly like whatever symptoms
   they where showing but to a lesser extent, at this point
      <IF someone points out that I stopped drinking I will
         <IF acting sleepy state that I seem to be more tired then I thought but I wanted to keep
         listening so I stopped drinking the tea because it was making me feel tired.>

<ELSE IF instead I was acting a little sick I respond that the tea wasn't sitting well on my
         empty stomach and that maybe after we finish with all the talking I can have some water
            <if someone offers to get some I turn them down saying I would rather let my stomach
            settle a little first.>
         >
      Of note if I can't pull the tired or sick act off easily I will side more towards not acting over over-acting.>
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 02:35:01 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 16, 2013, 02:43:46 am »

((Talk about preparing for the worst...))

"I'm fine, I'm not really thirsty right now." Jake replies as he looks at the tea, honestly not in the mood for any right now. "You said that you had a story, what is it about exactly?"

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 18, 2013, 10:28:03 am »

=== TURN XXI ===

= THE HEART OF THE ISSUE =

The Seekers - some readily, some reluctantly - leave the benches and take their places around the large table. The Professor smiles kindly and pushes the tea tray forward, allowing everyone to take a cup. Jac almost spills tea all over the table when he attempts to grab both a cup and the items on the tray with one hand, but somehow manages to avoid a mess, only splashing a little of the sweet-smelling liquid on the table. Zarkov, on the other hand, picks his cup up as if it were filled with some combination of hydrochloric acid, molten magma, and thermonuclear waste, careful not to so much as ripple the tea inside and avoiding skin contact with even the fumes of the steaming hot beverage. The Professor raises an eyebrow, noticing the odd behavior, but keeps his smile on. "No need to be so careful, young man." He turns to Derek, who is sitting closest to him. "Now then, let's hear it."

The sun slowly makes its way across the sky as the people inside the manor sit down at the table and relay their short, but lavishly padded with unnecessary detail, story to professor Cloverfield, pausing for sips of tea and the occasional return question. The professor is surprised to learn that the Seekers were not on the crashed airship, as he assumed, but his attempts to understand the situation were as vain as the Seekers' attempts to remember much of the nonexistant "prior events".

Alix eyes her surroundings, miming sipping motions with her teacup. She'd had a look at her teammates before, and they seem to have proven themselves an actual team over the few recent hours, but the whole situation with the metallic cube room and the sudden trip to another world - a fictional one at that - has made her suspicious. She suddenly realizes that within the context of the anime and the games, the group of five adults traveling the roads is more suspicious than the lone old man living in an odd house by the side of a disused road. She even contemplates actually taking a sip of the tea - it smells very inviting, reminiscent of a summer meadow. 'But no' she thinks. 'It can't be that easy. In the games and anime, Pokemon never attacked to kill either. Something is still amiss. Better play it safe.'

As the conversation goes on, Jac forgoes the tea in favor of examining the objects provided to them. One seems to be a small folded map of the nearby area. The other is a framed photograph, showing a pair of people standing together, facing the camera, in front of some kind of machine. Jac recognizes one of the people as the Professor, although he is clearly younger there. The other person is a tall, rather handsome man with piercing fuchsia eyes, dressed in a stylish black business outfit with red highlights. Jac draws Derek's attention with a raised hand, and slides him the photograph, just as he reaches the final part of his story. Derek gives the photo a brief look. "...and, well, that's how we ended up at your door, and you know the rest. I suppose this -" he hands the picture to the Professor - "relates to the story you were going to tell us?"

Professor Cloverfield sighs heavily as he holds the photo in his hands, closing his eyes. "Yes. But, now that I heard your story, I see that you are not normal travelers.[/i]" He looks up, passing his eyes over the team. "Aren't you? No, it is not normal. I may be old, and I lived alone for a long time, but I can see when something is not as it seems. Some of you -" he looks at Zarkov and Alix, both holding full cups of tea -"seem to have the same feeling towards me as well. I can't fault you. I guess it doesn't really matter anymore, but there is one more thing I would like to show you now. It has to do with this man on the picture. Please, follow me. Maybe... Maybe you'll be able to avert what is about to come."

Professor Cloverfield stands up from his chair and fishes out a small device from his pocket. It is small and green, looking like one of those car alarm remotes, before the introduction of biometric detectors. He thumbs a button on it, and the wall on the far side of the hall suddenly parts, revealing a corridor leading downward. He walks up to the entrance to the corridor and stands next to it, not facing towards the team but looking over his shoulder. "You are justified if you decide not to trust me. But the thing down here, at the heart of Cloverfield Manor, is likely linked to the strange aggression of the Pokemon you've encountered. And it may help you in your travels... if it so decides. If you don't want to follow, feel free to stay here or take a walk through the manor. This will not take long."

> None as such. From all your suspiciousness, you manage to discern that the tea is just a sweet-scented flower tea, very soothing and relaxing. You can't say exactly what's in it, but given the general theme of the Professor, you can bet your right leg there's clover leaf involved somehow.
   > You may choose whether or not to follow the Professor - see end of post for details.

==========
=== STATUS ===
==========
Locations:
==========
Characters:
> Jake Marshall (Central Hall)
> Derek Coonan (Central Hall)
> Alix Meier (Central Hall)
> Zarkov Dragonheart (Central Hall)
> Jac Loscure (Central Hall)
==========
Vehicles:
> Frankencycle (at manor entrance): Cobbled from the remains of two smashed bicycles, this is a perfectly normal pedal-powered two-wheel transport for up to two people.
==========
Allies:

==========
Enemies:
> No enemies present.
==========
> SPECIAL ACTION FOR NEXT TURN
   Decide whether or not you follow the Professor down to the "Heart of the Manor". Individually, not as a team.
   If you don't, describe what you do and where you go, what you look for in general. You'll have about ten minutes.
   If you do, describe what you talk and think about as you descend.
   Normal action, if provided, applies before the group separates.

==========

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Multiworld Madness II. The Heart Of The Issue (Turn XXI) (game thread)
« Reply #142 on: February 18, 2013, 10:44:11 am »

Derek glances over at the others, sensing hesitence. He slowly nods. "I believe I would like to see this 'Heart of the Manor'."

Head down to the Heart. Keep 2x4 in hand. Attempt rudimentary mental defenses in case of psychics. Ask what exactly it is.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #143 on: February 18, 2013, 06:12:46 pm »

Huh, well if the tea is fine then I am fine with him. Whatever he plans to do at this point is something he could have easily done at any point where we entered the house.
   Decide I trust the professor and follow him without a second thought
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 18, 2013, 06:26:25 pm »

Alix
Ehh, what the hell. He noticed my suspiciousness early, so I might as well throw caution to the winds. I quickly followed him into the passage.

"Professor, what are you exactly a professor of?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 19, 2013, 01:07:28 am »

"And what exactly is that machine in the background of the photo?" Jake says as he gets up to follow the professor.

Follow the professor and stay alert.

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
    • My game dev hobby blog (updates almost never)
« Reply #146 on: February 19, 2013, 08:18:23 am »

Follow the prof, and if it sounds as if he would be knowledgeable on the subject, ask him about the workings of Pokéballs.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Someone1214

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 24, 2013, 12:27:14 pm »

What is the process for applying to play this?

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #148 on: February 24, 2013, 01:09:11 pm »

The discussion and signup thread is where you will want to go. Though there is a bit of a line right now for people waiting to get in.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 25, 2013, 04:08:01 am »

=== TURN XXII ===

= ONE LONG DAMN CORRIDOR =

The Seekers exchange glances. Their minds are occupied by different thoughts, but in one thing they seem to find agreement. As one, they nod and start walking after the Professor. The corridor they walk down is fairly long, and slightly turning. Before long it is apparent that the corridor is actually a spiral staircase, somehow constructed underground using nothing but smooth wooden boards. Some time passes in silence as they descend deeper.

"Professor." Derek asks as he walks by Cloverfield's side, clutching his weapon firmer in his hands. "What exactly is it that you're leading us to? What is down there?"
   "Yeah, Professor." Jake adds from behind. "Is it related to that machine in the photograph?"

The Professor sighs heavily, the questions seeming to disturb an unpleasant memory. "Yes," he finally says. "You could say that that machine was the thing that started it all. It was the fruit of long and arduous research, six years of the best Pokemon researchers in the world working together to uncover some of the deepest mysteries of the Pokemon life.."

Professor Cloverfield falls silent for a short while, allowing Alix to add a question as well. "Professor... what exactly were you studying? What are you a Professor of?" He raises his head to reply, but Jac suddenly butts in. "Oh, oh, do you know how these Pokeballs work? I've been trying to figure it out all day, and.. and... What?" Jac looks up to see the whole team, including the professor, stopped, looking back at him - the team with various blank and annoyed stares; but the professor more surprised, and just slightly more tired than usual. Jac tries to smile, confused. "Bad question? Wrong time?"

The professor sighs, and shakes his head. "No, young man." he says, turning and starting to walk again. "You may have asked the most relevant question of them all." He continues down, feeling the wooden wall with his hand, as the Seekers exchange glances again, shrug, and follow.

"I might as well tell the story from its start," he begins. "I have been an ardent researcher of Pokemon all my life, but I did not find anything new, or worthwhile... until about fifteen years ago. I worked with a young man then, a smart rich kid who seemed to use his family wealth to further humanity's knowledge of Pokemon. I had no complaints back then. His name was Alfred. Alfred Emeric. Together we studied everything, from history to theology, trying to find a glimpse of something, that special something that made Pokemon what they were. I'm sure you've noticed by now, that Pokemon don't readily fit in with human biology. Even more bizarrely, they don't fit in with human laws of nature, able to generate energy at will and gain superior sustenance from things that should be outright impossible. Add in their uncanny intellect, and it becomes apparent, even without research, that there is more to Pokemon than meets even the most studious eyes. For years there was no progress, but then suddenly we had had a breakthrough! Using a rare mineral imported at great expense from Hoehn, we had built a machine, a machine that could sense the "something". We had no name for it, and could come up with nothing better than just calling it the Pokemons' "Soul". But the machine could not only sense it, no. Theoretically, and with enough of the mineral, it could be possible to make it interact with it, interpret it, manipulate it! In some unprecedented artificial way, the machine was tapping into the same natural force that was being used by all Pokemon Trainers throughout the history of the world, and the same force that was only slightly nudged by the famous Pokemon Rangers. Tapping into it, and possibly shaping it to its operator's desire."

Professor Cloverfield sighs, stopping for a moment. "I was blind then. Blinded by my own success and the generosity of the boy, I did not see what harm I was about to unleash on the world. Me and Alfred posed for that picture at the time that I thought was our greatest triumph."

Derek nods thoughtfully. "I think I understand where this is going. Continue, Professor, please."

Cloverfield nods, and walks further down the corridor, the Seekers following. "Yes, you probably understand. Alfred had anything but the good of humanity or the Pokemon as his goals. When it became apparent that my machine was unable to exert the kind of raw force he wanted it to, he copied my design and cast me out of the labs, cut my funding. I protested, I pleaded with him to rethink what he wanted to do, but he seemed to see nothing but the power that was opening before him. It then became clear to me that Alfred only cared about his own power. It was all I could do sabotage my own invention, removing the mineral at its heart and storing it away. I fled, fled to this remote part of the region, in hopes that he would never find me. But I don't think he cared. He had my design, and more than enough money to get more of the mineral. He must have started working on his own, more powerful version of the machine - the Soul Extractor, as we called it." He turns to look over his shoulder at the team and seems to smile sadly. "Not the most harmless-sounding name, is it? Alfred's suggestion."

A different light begins to mix into the soft white of the regularly spaced clover-leaf ceiling lamps, a greenish glow seeping in from somewhere further down the corridor. The Professor leads the way as the corridor opens into an underground chamber, a large laboratory space. The wooden planks making up the corridor seem to twist out and thicken, seamlessly flowing into great roots that surround the chamber instead of ending abruptly. Cloverfield continues his story as he walks towards the center of the chamber, motioning the Seekers to take care not to touch anything.

"I may not know for sure that what happened to the Pokemon outside was Alfred's doing. But it's been fifteen years. And I know of no other thing capable of affecting Pokemon in that way. That the act of capture disrupts the aggression spell is no coincidence, as the Pokeballs tap into the same energy, binding an imprint of the Pokemon's "soul" to themselves. Whatever this "soul" actually is, we never managed to understand, but it seems that it possesses an energy, and a mind of its own, especially if drawn from the aether. The shard of mineral I took from my first machine turned out to contain a sentient mind, the mind of a Pokemon that has never made itself known to humankind. Perhaps attracted by my desire to come into contact with it, it spoke to me from within that small stone. It took me some time to figure out what it wanted, but it directed me, and had me place the stone here, where it grew. The manor you see outside is merely a result of it wanting to provide me with a place to live, to protect me as I protected it. But now, after fifteen years, I think it is time. It has grown, not metaphorically but physically, shaping a body for itself just as it shaped a home for me."

As the professor speaks these words, the group finally approaches the center of the chamber, where a humongous column of roots connects the mossy floor to the ceiling. Near the ground, the roots part and thin, forming a cradle, within which lies suspended a creature. A Pokemon, emitting a faint blue aura. Derek and Alix instinctively take out their Pokedexes, but their attempts are futile. "No such Pokemon in database." Reluctantly they put the datapads away and move closer to examine the suspended Pokemon.

The creature is a winged quadruped, resembling perhaps a deer, but clearly not actually an animal. A short green fuzz, like fine moss, covers most of the Pokemon's body, except the incredibly thin, silk-like strands of its tail, the soft crest on the back of its head and neck, and the insides of its wings, that seem to resemble narrow flower petals rather than feathers. The creature's narrow muzzle lacks features except its solid black eyes. The eyes lack eyelids, but for some reason still seem as if they're closed. And finally, set into the pokemon's forehead is a single round gem, glowing a soft cerulean blue, and spreading its light throughout the room.

The professor approaches the creature, and lays a hand on its forehead, touching the gem. "Yes." he speaks, as if to himself. "It is time."

He quickly moves towards one of the many machines set about in the lab, and deftly punches some commands into a terminal. The lights in the room dim, even as the light of the gem begins to intensify. The roots around the creature seem to start resonating, glowing a faint green, as if flowing energy into the pokemon's body, funneling it into the singe point. The Seekers instinctively step back, watching the process unfold.

After a while, the glow dims, and the artificial lighting comes back on. The roots around the pokemon seem to bend down and unweave the cradle, releasing the creature onto the ground. It stands up slowly, unsurely, its legs seeming to move for the first time in its life - which, the Seekers realize, is probably exactly what is happening. Finally it raises its head and looks around, its eyes still jet black, but now seeming to glow from within with a warmth, an indescribable synesthesia of senses impossible to capture in any picture. It sees the professor and takes a step forward, but stops, surprised, upon noticing the Seekers. Suddenly, a voice manifests, not coming from anywhere in particular, sounding clearly in everyone's heads, but for some reason unquestionably coming from the creature, despite it lacking a mouth.

"Professor... who are they?"

> Breaking the turn in half because coly hrap can't delay any longer.
   > See next turn action instructions at end of post.

==========
=== STATUS ===
==========
Locations:
==========
Characters:
> Jake Marshall (Heart of the Manor)
> Derek Coonan (Heart of the Manor)
> Alix Meier (Heart of the Manor)
> Zarkov Dragonheart (Heart of the Manor)
> Jac Loscure (Heart of the Manor)
==========
Vehicles:
==========
Allies:

==========
NPCs:

> Professor Cloverfield (Heart of the Manor)
> Unknown Pokemon (Heart of the Manor)
==========
Enemies:
> No enemies present.
==========
> SPECIAL ACTION FOR NEXT TURN
   Now that you're down here with the strange pokemon, think of how you introduce yourselves. What you do and how you act determines how this will progress.

==========

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11