Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Multiworld Madness II. One Long Darn Corridor (Turn XXII) (game thread)  (Read 53408 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Multiworld Madness II. Surprise! (Turn X) (game thread)
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2013, 10:09:02 pm »

((Am I suprised? YES. Am I excited and happy? HELL YES! Great to see this back!))

Jake thought quickly, taking in what he knew of the people he was with and the current world and applying it as best he could to the situation, and gets an idea. "Frederick! Try using that voice thingy you do to get it to surrender peacefully! Try offering it food and medical help with one of those potion things to try and get it on your side before you try one of those balls!"

Prepare a flanking attack once again, waiting for Frederick to try and calm it. If he doesn't work or he doesn't try, attack again and cut the back of the Zangoose's leg with my knife to try and slow it down and weaken it.

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
    • My game dev hobby blog (updates almost never)
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2013, 06:16:58 am »

*Disorientation*
*Confusion*

Where am I?

Suddenly, Jac finds him/herself in the middle of what appears to be a battle.  Humanoids on the one side, a ridiculous white and red monster on the other, and a bloody knife in Jac's hand.  There is only one possible conclusion.

Action: Go for the (Zangoose's) throat!
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2013, 11:07:41 am »

Why do you keep calling me Frederick, I told you time and again my name is Zarkov. Also Why do you keep thinking I have some bene gesserit voice power, it was a one time thing that I did not keep. I will help though using what I was provided with as a eugh*shudder* hat

((I am not keeping the voice ability if its not obvious with the above text.))

Taking what was a poor excuse for a top hat I sneak up behind the zangoose and attempt to cover its head with the hat in an attempt to blind it.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2013, 04:21:24 am »

=== TURN XI ===

= ACK!-ROBATIC PERFORMANCE =

Spoiler: Results (click to show/hide)

The standoff doesn't last long. Driven by the sheer desire to finish the fight, Derek looses a somewhat incomprehensible battle cry and lunges forward, prompting the rest of the Seekers to attack.

Derek and Alix charge in as one, but even injured, the Zangoose remains quick. It rolls away from the attack, tripping up Derek with its tail in the process. Derek drops face first into the not-so-soft ground.

"Ow."

Alix spins around and delivers another glancing blow to the 'mon's head with her wrench, sending it reeling. Jac and Jake flash their respective knives as they move in from the sides, no longer showing restraint before the obviously dangerous animal. The Zangoose turns to face Jac and swings its claw to meet the attacker but instead of a brutal takedown, Jac and Jake's charge devolves into an impromptu choreographic event, as both of them slip and trip simultaneously, executing a perfect synchronized front flip tumble and landing on the ground, hands flailing around the Zangoose's feet. The Zangoose is momentarily confused. Alix sees the opening.

"Caty, now! Use String Shot!"

The little green caterpillar leaps forward and dutifully obliges, spraying the Zangoose with her web string, covering it head to toe in sticky strands stronger than steel. The badgercat growls in protest, but is unable to free itself. With some alarm, Jac and Jake notice their arms also trapped in the resulting cocoon. Before they can try to cut themselves free, however, Dragonheart tackles the still-standing Zangoose from behind, pinning it to the ground and pulling his papier mache hat over its muzzle to disorient it, effectively ending the fight.

"Looks like we got this one in the bag, people! Or in the hat, as it were." Zarkov smiles.

Zarkov Dragonheart uncovers a skill!
Bear Wrestler[4]: Attempt to take down or restrain a large (up to twice as large/heavy as you) creature with a wrestling move. Success doubles the roll used for the move. Successfully restrained creature can't attack.

(clarification: wrestling uses STR+AGI. Using this skill and succeeding means you roll (STR+AGI)*2 versus the creature's normal STR+AGI. The [4] means the skill is active, and rolls a d4 for its success.)

==========
=== STATUS ===
==========
Locations:
>Green Hill
==========
Characters:
>Jake Marshall
>Derek Coonan
>Alix Meier
>Zarkov Dragonheart
>Jac Loscure
==========
NPCs:
>Caty the Caterpie (in Alix's status)
==========
Enemies:
Wild Zangoose
==========
Comments in the discussion thread, please.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Multiworld Madness II. Ack!-robatic Performance (Turn XI) (game thread)
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2013, 04:35:00 am »

Well this was interesting but I better finish this up before some one try's to kill this poor creature. I don't know how intelligent these things are but from what I have seen they seem brighter then the normal animals I am used to and I would hate for us to kill something that not only has been rendered defenseless but also self aware.
Use one of my pokeballs to catch the Zangoose
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2013, 07:50:31 am »

"Be careful! It might still struggle and hurt someone!" Jake replied, struggling to get his knife into position to cut his way to freedom.

Quickly cut my way free and back off, ready to attack if there is more trouble or to throw a pokeball if needed. Keep a eye out for anything that might be creeping up on us.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2013, 08:53:23 am »

Derek notices Zarkov reach for a pokeball. "Oh hell no! You're the one holding it down, don't let your arms loose!"

Quickly capture it before Zarkov does something stupid.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2013, 09:13:23 am »

Argh! I'm covered in white goo!  This brings back memories... or... not quite, still just fog in my head.  *Shakes head to clear it.* This stringy stuff might come in handy, if I can gather it up somehow.

Action: Attempt to remove the 'String Shot' from myself and gather it up.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2013, 03:08:51 pm »

"Well, that was exciting." Alix remarked, whilst wincing slightly at her bruises. "Best wrap things up whilst we can."

Stick around, and generally be on the watch for anything that isn't going to plan.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2013, 03:12:21 pm »

Derek notices Zarkov reach for a pokeball. "Oh hell no! You're the one holding it down, don't let your arms loose!"

Quickly capture it before Zarkov does something stupid.
   Just going to mention that I am not actually holding it down though I guess I did tackle it somewhat, its is string shotted and thus wrapped up quite well. The only thing I did was put my hat over its head so it couldn't see.

Edit: yeah just realized I probably should have posted this in the Discussion thread.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 03:16:51 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2013, 06:55:31 am »

=== TURN XII ===

= HOW WONDERFULLY META =

Spoiler: Results (click to show/hide)

Feeling victorious and sure of his safety, Zarkov lets go of the downed pokemon and rummages in his shorts' surprisingly roomy pockets for one of the two tiny plastic balls he could capture it with. Alix approaches the Zangoose warily, wrench at the ready, when he finally manages to procure one.

"Relax, girl. This beastie ain't going anywhere soon", Zarkov said, and smiled again. "Nothing to worry about."

"I want to believe that", Alix replied, "but I prefer to be sure. I'll relax when it's in a Pokeball or out of sight. Don't underestimate a Zangoose."

Zarkov opens his mouth to retort, but Derek, having finally collected himself off the ground, interjects.

"Quite right, Alix. This, however, brings up an issue." Derek raises a hand, and expands another Pokeball. "If you don't mind, this is a pokemon I would like to keep."

While the two argue over right of possession and Alix keeps watch, Jac and Jake start cutting themselves free of the webbing. Jac's longer blade gives him an edge, even though he very nearly stabs his own fingers off with it. He stands up and looks at his lightly bleeding hand, still covered in shreds of sticky, white, waterproof, nearly sterile and stronger-than-steel substance. Jac's brain grinds its gears for a few seconds, and then a lightbulb lights up. "Oh. Neat." Without hesitation he squats down again and tears into the cocoon around the Zangoose, cutting away a nice patch of the impromptu natural gauze. A rather large patch. Jac stands up and stares at the webbing in his hands. Jake, having freed himself as well, walks around the arguers and stares at it as well. Then at the gaping hole in the cocoon that was supposed to restrain the angry badgercat. Then at Jac. Jac looks back at him. "Uh..."

Before either of them can call out to the rest of the group, the Zangoose tenses up and, with an angry scream, tears itself free from the web! Zarkov flails wildly, losing balance and falling on his back behind the pokemon, as it stands up on its hind legs and growls at Derek and Alix! Derek flinches, draws back his arm to throw the Pokeball, but accidentally loses his grip on it, sending it flying into the grass behind him! "Oh crap." The Zangoose makes an exaggerated motion sideways with its head, shaking off Zarkov's improvized muzzle, and stares at Alix.

Or, well, it tries to.

Before the Zangoose can so much as become surprised, its jaw meets four pounds of iron as Alix's powerful uppercut swing connects, sending the 'mon staggering and stumbling back.

"And STAY down!"

The Zangoose groans weakly, tries to regain its balance, but its foot gets caught in the remains of the webbing and it falls over backwards, right over the prone and still somewhat stunned Zarkov. Alix moves in to check, but suddenly something clicks, and the Zangoose disappears in a flash of red light. Left on the ground is just Zarkov, still stunned and dazed by the flash, his right hand holding an enlarged Pokeball.

Jac and Jake finally come out of their momentary stupor, but by then it's already over. Derek can only sigh. Zarkov stands up, the pokeball in his hand emitting a loud *PING* and going silent. A smile creeps over his face as he looks at Derek. "Guess this one's mine after all."

Just as everyone tries to relax, a sudden noise and a flash of light makes the Seekers spin around. On the ground beside Alix where Caty had been, now sits a large, elongated, dark green creature that looks like a bulgy banana-like carapace fitted with a pair of yellow eyes. Alix aims the Pokedex at the creature and presses a button. The Pokedex displays a few pictures and recites:

"Metapod. Evolved form of Caterpie. A steel-hard shell protects its tender body. It quietly endures hardships while awaiting evolution."

Alix puts away the Pokedex and thoughtfully remarks "Huh. Just like in the games."

No skills were gained this turn.

==========
=== STATUS ===
==========
Locations:
>Green Hill
==========
Characters:
>Jake Marshall
>Derek Coonan
>Alix Meier
>Zarkov Dragonheart
>Jac Loscure
==========
NPCs:
>Caty the Metapod (in Alix's status)
==========
Enemies:
None, actually.
==========
Comments in the discussion thread, please.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Multiworld Madness II. How wonderfully Meta (Turn XII) (game thread)
« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2013, 07:31:57 am »

Derek just hold his face in his hands. "I don't think I like you very much." He says half heartedly. "Here, take this potion and heal him up. We hit him pretty hard. Point and spray."

He winces, clutching his side. "Hey Jake, toss me your pocket knife for a second?"

Toss Zarkov a Potion. See if I can rip up some of the clothing in this backpack for bandage purposes.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2013, 12:07:54 pm »

Thank you for the potion and I am sorry that you where not able to capture it yourself but atleast we are done with the combet. Anyway the potion will help getting h...   Huh, about to say him but I'm not sure. The pokedex can probably say but yeah thanks.
   Let Zangoose out and use potion on it and basically try healing it and what not then check a pokedex or whatever so I can properly name it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2013, 01:19:26 am »

Jake glared at Jac silently for a few moments before speaking. "Next time, try to think before you act. You could have gotten someone killed just then!" He sighs and walks over to Derek, still holding his knife. "Alright, let's try to get you all cleaned up. I have some water on me and maybe that webbing could work as clean bandages if we can pull it into strips of some kind, maybe we can use it as thread to hold things together..."

Inspect the webbing for viability for use as bandages or medical supplies, then carefully inspect all the wounds that the party has to see how bad they are. Clean out all the open wounds with some water and use my knife to make some bandages and then treat the wounds as best I can.

((Here's to hoping my high INT score helps with my medical rolls...))

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2013, 08:06:18 am »

"Yeah.  I was gathering the webbing from around myself and got carried away, I guess; this stuff is neat!  You can't use mine to make bandages, but I'll go get some more."

Jac proceeds to help clean the remaining webbing off the Zangoose, and makes bandages only from this second batch, keeping the first batch for impromptu use later.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11