Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Multiworld Madness II. One Long Darn Corridor (Turn XXII) (game thread)  (Read 53441 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Multiworld Madness II. How wonderfully Meta (Turn XII) (game thread)
« Reply #90 on: January 30, 2013, 07:09:05 pm »

"You guys do realise Caty can generate the web at will right? Also, your welcome for saving your guys collective asses." Alix scoopes up Caty, and wanders down the hill towards the road.

Alix moves to the road, and investigates the area for signs or anything else interesting.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Multiworld Madness II. How wonderfully Meta (Turn XII) (game thread)
« Reply #91 on: January 31, 2013, 02:42:40 pm »

=== TURN XIII ===

= STRANGER THINGS WILL HAPPEN =

Spoiler: Results (click to show/hide)

With the Zangoose finally defeated, the Seekers take some time to sort out their injuries and equipment. "I'm going to go look around", Alix says, hefting her wrench. "Can't have something else sneak up on us." She picks up Caty and strides off into the grass, making sweeping motions with her wrench. Derek watches her leave, and walks up to Zarkov, who is still looking at his new acquisition, slightly dumbfounded. "Hey man. I may not like you very much, but since we're still a team..." He digs a Potion out of his backpack, and hands it to Zarkov. "Here, take this. We beat that Zangoose up pretty bad, so use this to heal it. Point and spray, even you should be able to handle that." Zarkov takes the spritzer-headed bottle. "Thanks, I guess. Sorry, I know you wanted to get this guy, but he literally fell on me. Or is it she? I'll have to check. Think it's safe to let it out? I mean, we did just beat it half to death..." Derek thought for a moment and shrugged. "Don't know. Usually they become agreeable - at least because you've got that Pokeball primed on them, ready to pull them back in - but the Zangoose usually has a temper. Might want to look out. It's probably not in a good state to fight, so it should be safe-ck!" A sudden jolt of pain reminded Derek of his wound. "Just.. be sure to keep the Pokeball on hand so you can recall it. I think I'm going to see about not bleeding all over here."

Faced with a sudden need for medical supplies, Jac and Jake examine the webs left after the Zangoose's capture. The strands are dense, intertwined, and seem to be quite good at covering large stretches of body, not to mention their strength. On first glance, they seem like the perfect bandage material. They show their finds to Derek, but he is not convinced. "It might looks nice, guys, but... I don't think using a caterpillar's spit to cover your wounds is the best idea, is all. Give me a good old cloth bandage any day. Hand me that knife of yours, Jake, so I can make some."

Jake frowns but complies, handing the pocket knife over. Having nothing to cut things with now, and nothing to cut for that matter, he decides to help Jac make the bandages out of web instead. Jac's tanto makes short work of the webs once they're stretched into sheets, and the cocoon used to trap the Zangoose provides enough material to work with. Together, Jac and Jake fashion the webs into nearly a dozen long strips of strong, stretchy, and handily adhesive bandage material, neatly rolled up into discrete rolls like some sort of human-applicable duct tape. Their work done, the two look back at Derek, who is still trying to horribly maim a poor defenseless shirt with a pocket knife. Finally he succeeds, and with a loud sound of tearing cloth - as, naturally, that's what was happening - the shirt ends up in two halves, neither entirely suitable for bandaging. Derek stands there and looks at the bisected shirt, seemingly stunned by his own ineptitude.

"Okay, that... was not supposed to happen."

Jake sighs and shakes his head, coming over to Derek with a roll of the sticky bandage. "Yeah DC, we can't all be master craftsmen. Now get out of that robe of yours and let me check that cut."

Derek frowns dismissively, but disrobes. "Do you even know how to dress a wound?" he asks, hesitantly lifting his arm and allowing Jake to see the double gash left by the Zangoose. Jake shrugs. "How would I know? I can't remember a thing, same as you." He smirks. "Seems it's all learn by doing from here. Now hold still."

Jake takes a good long look at the wound, as if thinking. He makes passes around it with his hand, getting a feel of the edges and the trickling blood. Derek starts getting impatient. "Well? I ain't gonna bleed forever, if you know what I mean." Suddenly, Jake's movements change. He starts acting with a purpose, as if his hands know what they must do even before the rest of his body reacts. Quickly taking a water bottle out of his backpack, Jake cleans up the bleeding gashes, dresses them with a folded pad of webbing, and finally fixes the dressings in place with a long strip of bandage across the torso. Derek is quite surprised. "Well! I hope you learned something from that doing, because that's pretty damn impressive, considering." Jake looks back at him. "You know.. I'm not sure if I learned that just now."

While the others take care of their cuts and scratches, Zarkov stands to the side and hesitantly points his Pokeball at the ground. "Okay... let's see if this works. Zangoose, I choose you?" Nothing happens. It takes a bit of effort to get the device to comply, but soon it opens up, releasing the trapped Zangoose onto the grass. It materializes standing on two legs, but quickly drops to all fours, groaning. Zarkov, hesitant to approach, half-circles around the pokemon, looking at its injuries. The Zangoose is clearly not in good shape. Bruised, cut, bleeding from its shoulder and mouth, and obviously quite in pain, the badgercat is a poor sight. Sensing no immediate threat, Zarkov approaches, Potion in hand. The Zangoose growls weakly, and lowers itself to the ground, closing its eyes. Suddenly, Zarkov freezes mid-stride. "Er, what? I.. Did you.. Nah, can't be." He shakes his head and kneels near the Zangoose. The pokemon growls weakly again. "Wh.. what? Do whatever I want to you, but make it quick? What.. sorcery is this?" Zarkov stumbles back and holds a hand to his forehead. "Okay, calm down, this is a strange place and strange things might be normal here." He turns to the Zangoose. "You, ah, understand me? Are you.. a.. alright?" The sheer audacity of the question became apparent even to him, as the pokemon's response was something between a pained grunt and a snort. "What I think? I think you might need some of this." Finally sure that what was happening is either perfectly normal or signs of imminent insanity, Zarkov moves close to the Zangoose and proceeds to apply the Potion, spraying what wounds he can reach. The strange liquid inside the Potion seems to take effect almost immediately, closing up the bleeding stab wound, dissolving bruises, and even, with some manual work, appearing to mend the broken jaw, although it's obvious that just a spritzer bottle isn't going to be enough for such an injury to heal. The liquid in the Potion runs out before Zarkov can fix everything, but by the time he is done the Zangoose is back to standing on its hind legs, still a little battered but obviously much better off than before. Zarkov admires the result of his efforts. "Well? Feeling better?" The pokemon looks over itself and answers with a satisfied sort of growl. Then it seems to.. smile? As well as a still-healing recently-broken jaw allows it to, anyway. The Zangoose lifts up a clawed paw, and strongly, but not forcefully, taps Zarkov on the chest, growling again. Zarkov is perplexed. "We.. fight good? You.. huh." He smiles in return. "Okay then! I've gotta think up a name to call you, I guess. But, uh, one question first..."

--------

Meanwhile, further down the hill, Alix finally strides out of the grass and walks out onto the road. She looks around, searching for signs of trouble, when a nearby bush suddenly rustles. Setting Caty down, Alix carefully advances to get a closer look. When she is just a few feet away, the bush rustles again, and out of it leaps what looks to all the world like a large green tortoise with a green sprout on its head, forcing her to dodge and retreat to Caty's position. The tortoise stops and turns around, seeming ready to attack again. Alix can recognize the pokemon even before she aims her Pokedex at it and listens to the computer's recital:

"Turtwig. Tortoise pokemon. The shell on its back is made of soil. On a very healthy Turtwig, the shell should feel moist."

Alix puts the Pokedex away. A Turtwig shouldn't outright attack humans, even if startled. Something does not feel right about this.

Jake Marshall recovers a skill!
First Aid[5]: You can provide qualified medical aid, with any supplies on hand.

Zarkov Dragonheart gains an ability!
Pokemon Trainer: (Passive) You are able to understand Pokemon speech, mostly that of Pokemon you own, with varying degrees of success. PER check to dialogue.

Zarkov Dragonheart gains knowledge!
The Zangoose is very much male.

==========
=== STATUS ===
==========
Locations:
>Green Hill
==========
Characters:
>Jake Marshall
>Derek Coonan
>Alix Meier
>Zarkov Dragonheart
>Jac Loscure
==========
NPCs:
>Caty the Metapod (in Alix's status)
>Unnamed (yet) Zangoose (in Zarkov's status)
==========
Enemies:
>Wild Turtwig
==========
Comments in the discussion thread, please.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

"Good work." Derek nods at Jake. He sighs. "My robe is ruined though Oh well, on to buisness." He frowns. "One thing I never got was how you lost a pokeball when a pokemon broke loose. I'm down two balls already." He rubs his hands together. "Time for science! If we're going anywhere specific, I suggest traveling in an eastern direction until we hit water."

Attempt to find missing, possibly ruined pokeballs and determine if I can fix/salvage anything with them. Follow group if we go anywhere.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 04:11:08 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

"Thanks, I'm glad those webbing bandages work well, and they shouldn't rip easily either due to their strength. I'll just give Zarkov a hand with his scratches and we can get a move on." Jake replies, starting to move over to Zarkov. He pauses to glance back to Derek. "Maybe you can find a map or something in that computer you have? Who knows, it might have more than one function!"

Treat Zarkov's injuries then climb onto a rock or something with a decent height to it and take a good look around the area for things that could be useful nearby.

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
    • My game dev hobby blog (updates almost never)

*stretches a bit* *looks around*  I wonder how this thing works...

Jac opens a pokéball and pokes around inside.  (Pun not intended ;) ) 

Concentrating on the pokéball, he/she doesn't notice that his/her fingertips attempt to stretch and thin.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

IF injuries = treated THEN
Thanks for treating my injuries, I think I will go and see whats happening over there
ELSE
Well maybe you can try again later, as it is I think I will go and see whats happening over there
END
I head over to where the Turtwig is and observe to see if me and Zak (Name of Zangoose) need to help, if not just try to figure out why the turtwig is aggressive
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Sorry, was away over the weekend))

Alix glance at the overly aggressive Turtwig, then back to Caty. What was up with it? She crouched lower, to the wild pokemon's level.
"Hey little guy, are you ok? What's got you so riled up?" She hoped she could at least calm it down some what, she didn't particularly like beating on animals, even if they had supernatural abilities.

Talk to the Turtwig, try to calm it down, and try to see if it's healthy or not.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

=== TURN XIV ===

= LOOKING FOR TROUBLE =

Following her intuition, Alix lies down on the ground in front of the tortoise and attempts to look non-threatening, speaking in as soothing a voice as she can manage. "Come on, Turtwig. Calm down. I'm not going to hurt you. Come on, little guy.." Her attempt at diplomacy immediately backfires, as the pokemon charges straight at her! Before Alix can react, the wild Turtwig lunges forward and meets her face with a powerful headbutt, sending her tumbling back head over heels with a scream. She is dazed and in pain, but conscious, feeling the trickle of blood from her split lips and broken nose. The thought "maybe it's a girl" passes through Alix's head and gets lost in the spinning maelstrom of pain and confusion.

--------

Back at the clearing, Jake tries to give first aid to Zarkov, but upon examination declares that bandaging scratches is a waste of bandage material. Zarkov is nonplussed. "Whatever, man. They don't hurt anymore anyway." He gets up and looks around. "I think I shall go and seek out our female companion. We shouldn't stay here too long. Come on, Zak, let's go."

As Zarkov and his Zangoose wade off into the tall grass, Jake decides that looking about is not such a bad idea. "Of course, I'm not going to do that by walking around," he thinks, making his way back to the top of the hill. From up high, Jake casts his gaze far over the rolling hills and forests, looking out for trouble. And trouble he does find, although from a direction he least expected. A familiar screech alerts him just in time to hit the ground, as a pair of sharp claws pass swiftly by, missing his head by inches. Jake stands up and watches the rather large brown bird with yellow-red plumage bank slowly, circling around for another pass.

"Oh great. This one again."

Non-narrative events summary:

> Derek found both Pokeballs, but both broken beyond repair. It seems the Pokemon breaking out of a 'ball fries whatever electronics are in it, and the other ball just hit a sharp stone and fell apart.

> Zarkov and Zak are lost in the grass.

> Jac's attempts at poking around a pokeball's innards don't result in anything, and nothing weird happens with his fingers whatsoever.

==========
=== STATUS ===
==========
Locations:
>Green Hill
==========
Characters:
> Jake Marshall (Hill top)
> Derek Coonan (Clearing)
> Alix Meier (Road)
> Zarkov Dragonheart (Lost in Grass)
> Jac Loscure (Clearing)
==========
Allies:

> Caty the Metapod (in Alix's status)
> Zak the Zangoose (in Zarkov's status)
==========
Enemies:
=<Enemy Status>=
> Wild Pidgeotto (Hill top)
> Wild Turtwig (Road)
==========

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Multiworld Madness II. Looking For Trouble (Turn XIV) (game thread)
« Reply #98 on: February 05, 2013, 03:23:18 pm »

Nonplussed by not finding Alix right away I continue look for her to see whats up maybe try to hear where she might be.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 05, 2013, 04:04:36 pm »

"Damn rational explanations, ruining all my fun." Derek muttered. He shot up when he heard the screech. "I'm comin' Jake! Grab a rock, this is our ticket out of here!" He yells, charging up the hill.

SKill check: One bird with one stone.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 05, 2013, 06:49:38 pm »

Alix
"Ouch!"
What was that thing's problem? I knew I didn't have long before it attacked again though. Good thing I had my own 'mon to assist me. So, after dispatching Caty in the direction of the Turtwig, I gently prodded my nose and lips and gingerly tried to set it straight.

Caty string shots the Turtwig, whilst Alix tries to set her nose.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 05, 2013, 09:10:07 pm »

"Guys, help! The bird is back!" Jake yells as he looks around for some kind of cover. If he could take shelter long enough for the others to get to him, or at least enough to help him fight the bird, then he would stand a better chance.

Run for cover and grab a rock to throw at the bird. Chuck it if the bird is coming close but stay low as best as possible.

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
    • My game dev hobby blog (updates almost never)
« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2013, 01:11:37 am »

[size=78%]"Well, so much for figuring out a Pokéball.  I really wonder how it distinguishes between people and Pokémon."[/size]

Jac's ears perk up, hearing the commotion of the bird's attack.

"I'm coming!"

Jac joins the battle.  After Jake throws the rock, Jac attempts to grab/grapple the bird when/if it comes into range.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2013, 06:39:13 am »

=== TURN XV ===

= ONE BIRD, TWO STONES, BOTH MISSED =

Jake bolts down the hill, back towards the clearing, interjecting cries of warning with shouts for help. The Pidgeotto is hot on his heels. It's hard to ignore the shouts of a man chased after by a murderous, up-till-recently fictional bird, so Jac and Derek drop what little they were doing and rush to Jake's aid.

"Hang in there man, we're coming!"

Seeing two people running to help him, Jake slows his pace and looks around for something to throw. Nothing but a fairly large rock catches his eye, so he hefts it up and steadies his arm for a toss directly at the approaching Pokemon, right as Derek and Jac run up behind. The Pidgeotto suddenly spreads its wings and stops, flapping it wings in midair a few meters ahead of the group, seemingly intimidated by three angry people. Jake seizes the moment and tosses the rock at it.

Suddenly, the Pidgeotto screeches, and thrusts its wings forward in a single, powerful flap. A tremendous gust of wind strikes the Seekers! Jake's rock slows down and just barely grazes the bird's side, while Derek's never leaves his hand as he is blown away completely. Jake himself is almost blown away too, but stands his ground, his clothes flapping like mad in the sudden hurricane-level wind.

"Holy..! This bird means business! Somebody take it down, fast!" Jake shouts against the wind, perfectly aware that without some actual ranged firepower the Seekers are pretty much at the mercy of the much more nimble flying adversary. He glances around for more things to throw at the Pokemon, but sees nothing except his only weapon. Hesitantly he takes it out and readies to throw, hoping that the knife's thin profile will not let it be deflected so easily.

However, in a moment Jac provides an alternative solution. Before Jake can throw anything, the black-hooded man (at least Jake thinks he's a man) leaps up like a living shadow, and locks his hands around the Pidgeotto's legs! The pokemon screeches and flaps rapidly, trying to fly up, but Jac's manages to plant his feet into the hill's slope and keep the bird from getting away.

"Oh no you don't! Come 'ere, you oversized chicken!"

With a grunt, Jac pulls the Pidgeotto towards him and uses the gained momentum to smack the bird into the ground in an overhead smash. The pokemon squawks as its back and head hit the dirt, the impact only slightly dampened by the grass. It lays still for a moment, stunned and disoriented. Jac steps back, holding a hand to his arm and cringing. "Ow. I think I sprained something. Damn that thing is strong."

--------

Zarkov and Zak wade through the grass, following the vague sounds of some kind of battle happening nearby. Confusingly, the sounds come from two directions now, but Zarkov is undeterred and keeps going toward the original source. He finally steps out of the grass and onto the road, only to see what appears to be a leaf-green tortoise attacking Alix. Alix's green carapaced banana - Caty, Zarkov remembered, although the species name eluded him for the moment - was shooting its web strings at the tortoise, which skillfully evaded them. Zak looked at his master and gave a questioning sort of growl, causing the tortoise to momentarily stop and consider the new opponent appearing behind it. Zarkov raised an eyebrow at Zak's inquiry, and looked at Alix.

"Help? Hm. Look at her. Nose and lips bleeding, but eyes determined. And there's Caty there to help her already. She's got it under control. Let's just watch."

Non-narrative events summary:

> Derek's sharp stone cut his hand when he was blown back.
   > No skills were gained.

==========
=== STATUS ===
==========
Locations:
>Green Hill
==========
Characters:
> Jake Marshall (Hill side)
> Derek Coonan (Hill side)
> Alix Meier (Road)
> Zarkov Dragonheart (Road)
> Jac Loscure (Hill side)
==========
Allies:

> Caty the Metapod (with Alix)
> Zak the Zangoose (with Zarkov)
==========
Enemies:
=<Enemy Status>=
> Wild Pidgeotto (Hill side)
> Wild Turtwig (Road)
==========
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 03:49:35 am by Sean Mirrsen »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alix

It would seem that dirtle hit me really hard. And it's even avoiding Caty's stringshot. Well, I can't have that...
"Caty keep using StringShot!"
Hopefully it'll be distracted enough for me to whack it. In an idea world, it'll then realise it's out of it's league, and sod off.

Caty stringshots moar. Alix then whacks it with a hammer wrench
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11