Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 394204 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
Re: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)
« Reply #1005 on: November 11, 2011, 06:31:20 pm »

Requesting that my dwarf is not a part of the magma !!FUN!! and be left in the upper fort. I have a plan for an epic storyline of my unkillable dwarf.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)
« Reply #1006 on: November 11, 2011, 07:05:48 pm »

Requesting redwarfing, if anyone is still open or alive. Wanted to die aboveground for some reason.

So from the last 16 (after my last death) that leaves us to...how many now?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: November 11, 2011, 08:46:00 pm »

Engraved over the door to what was the throneroom is a simple message in dwarven for any that might live to see it before magma seals the paradise away from any who might crave it for their own.  Translated, it reads as follows

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I was expecting:
"My name is ThatAussieGuy, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

That's... damn, I really should've gone with that Ozymandias quote.  Oh well.

Requesting redwarfing, if anyone is still open or alive. Wanted to die aboveground for some reason.

So from the last 16 (after my last death) that leaves us to...how many now?

12 dwarves left now.  None are left unnamed after Tiruin II's creation

Requesting that my dwarf is not a part of the magma !!FUN!! and be left in the upper fort. I have a plan for an epic storyline of my unkillable dwarf.

I don't have any more dangerous jobs to issue, so he'll probably be safe. 

edit: Oh, I forgot to mention that Gamerlord died in service to the fortress.  And by that I mean he cracked open an adamantine spire into the magma sea so Hellopolis would fill faster and melted down into a dwarven slurry.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 08:51:21 pm by ThatAussieGuy »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: November 12, 2011, 12:25:44 am »

Mego, you're in trouble - Kogut's ghost just battered you so hard he tore off your left leg at the thigh. You're lying crippled and faint in the still, so at least it's unlikely it'll get infected with so much alcohol nearby

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: November 12, 2011, 01:21:28 am »

According to !!GHOST SCIENCE!!, ghostly amputation is 100% sterile, safe, and effective. Unless it's the head they decided to amputate...

Has my dorf survived to this point? Did I at least die in an ironic or otherwise humorous manner?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: November 12, 2011, 02:23:05 am »

According to !!GHOST SCIENCE!!, ghostly amputation is 100% sterile, safe, and effective. Unless it's the head they decided to amputate...

Has my dorf survived to this point? Did I at least die in an ironic or otherwise humorous manner?

Your dwarf is still alive and well.  He's currently sitting in the fortress dining hall eating a meal and surrounded by the feral animals that live in it. Mostly rabbits and cavies with the odd cat or kitten.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: November 12, 2011, 03:38:37 am »

If possible, seal Oliolli III into the third cavern layer. Give him an axe, pick and an anvil and let him live his life out down there.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: November 12, 2011, 04:26:24 am »

If possible, seal Oliolli III into the third cavern layer. Give him an axe, pick and an anvil and let him live his life out down there.

Never penetrated the caverns except for a few accidental breaches when I was digging down to the magma level.  They were sealed off immediately and I'm leaving them that way.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: November 12, 2011, 04:43:15 am »

Never penetrated the caverns except for a few accidental breaches when I was digging down to the magma level.  They were sealed off immediately and I'm leaving them that way.

Replacement invaders if unsealed? Oh, wait...  :-\

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1014 on: November 12, 2011, 07:46:38 am »

Wait, so what's happening to all of the dwarves?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: November 12, 2011, 08:30:08 am »

Wait, so what's happening to all of the dwarves?

I left it running unattended for a while, and a few have died (I'm guessing they went magma swimming, or something)

The real irony is how many are left in the fort's final hours

The remaining dwarves are as follows

Sadly, though gzoker's not long for this world - he got trapped in his Hellvilla when the magma reached it.  On the plus side, he's got plenty of company...

Should I show him mercy and ask him to disassemble his door?

« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 08:32:09 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: November 12, 2011, 08:48:59 am »

Make me a militia dwarf! [If thats alright that is...]

Also, let him live as his brothers and sisters have. A slow death by dehydration and hunger is not one that a dwarf takes, if there was ever an option of suicide then that would do but sadly luckily; dwarves are honor-bound.

Release the magma.

~~~

Although I think we need his say on it.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: November 12, 2011, 08:50:19 am »

I'm leaving it paused, in case gzoker wants to weigh in on how his dwarf should perish before it starves to death

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1018 on: November 12, 2011, 10:59:00 am »

Here Lies the HFS
~~~R.I.P~~
~~~GG~~~
~~~LULZ~~

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: November 12, 2011, 08:34:26 pm »

I decided to let gzoker go explore the magma sea in his final moments

but he decided to take the coward's way out

At lease the eight ghosts haunting him will keep his corpse company.  Yes, that's right.  Eight ghosts.  Some of them are stacked on top of eachother.  They're all still in his Hellvilla hovering around his corpse.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 81