Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 394214 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)
« Reply #1020 on: November 12, 2011, 08:35:29 pm »

You should've destroyed your graveyard first.

MOAR GHOSTS!!!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
Re: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)
« Reply #1021 on: November 12, 2011, 08:43:35 pm »

MOAR GHOSTS!!!

Uh-uh.  There's already at least one violent ghost lurking in the fortress and only six live dwarves left.  Those are not good odds, especially since I want to see Hell completely filled with magma and it's taking ages

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1022 on: November 12, 2011, 08:46:14 pm »

MOAR GHOSTS!!!

Uh-uh.  There's already at least one violent ghost lurking in the fortress and only six live dwarves left.  Those are not good odds, especially since I want to see Hell completely filled with magma and it's taking ages

Any possible way in the end...?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: November 12, 2011, 11:07:08 pm »

Quick question about something that will be important rather shortly - will a door with no roof over it stop magma from flowing down from the z-level above it?  If not, bye-bye Pit House...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: November 13, 2011, 12:36:59 am »

Good question. I think it will though, and with fluids failing to move diagonally to other z-levels you should be fine.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: November 13, 2011, 01:04:21 am »

Good question. I think it will though, and with fluids failing to move diagonally to other z-levels you should be fine.

The magma's at 7/7 on the level with the doors, so we'll find out shortly, I guess. 

edit:  Here's an overview of how Hell looks at the moment.  The magma is 7/7 deep on the level shown, if you cant make it out.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Huh, there's now only five dwarves.  And there's magma at the door leading out from the Pit House into the rising magma sea of Hell.  I think we've just had our first reported case of genuine dwarf suicide in Dwarf Fortress.  It was Doby that died, for the record.

The remaining five dwarves are;

Eric Blank
Oliolli III
Wanazzaki II
Mego IV
Tiruin II
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 02:24:52 am by ThatAussieGuy »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: November 13, 2011, 03:13:44 am »

Well, we have an answer to the magma question - Doors do block magma from above.  Just starting to get 1/7 magma tiles resting atop the doors

Frying Doby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: November 13, 2011, 07:48:26 am »

Huh, there's now only five dwarves.  And there's magma at the door leading out from the Pit House into the rising magma sea of Hell.  I think we've just had our first reported case of genuine dwarf suicide in Dwarf Fortress.  It was Doby that died, for the record.

What did you expect, taking away my kitchen.
Only one thing left to do....Frying myself as the pinnacle of my work.
My only regret is that nobody was able to taste it.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: November 13, 2011, 09:50:46 am »

I go away for half an hour, and what do I find when I come back?  Eric Blank's missing BOTH of his legs, Oliolli III nearly bled to death (I assume from the LONG trail of blood I followed) from the loss of her arm (it's rotting in her bedroom), Mego IV's missing his left leg and has a bruised lower body, and Wannazzaki II's perfectly healthy.  What the hell happened?  It was either battering ghosts, or one HELL of a drunken orgy. (There weren't any combat reports - I checked)

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: November 13, 2011, 10:20:48 am »

Oliolli III nearly bled to death...

So Oliolli III survived? As some sort of one-armed, extra-traumatized badass?

Hmm, Eric will not have an easy time, neither will Mego. Wannazzaki will survive for now, and will still be very capable of working. How's Tiruin?

Also, do dorfs get bad thoughts from their own body parts rotting after losing them? When friends start to rot, they "Have to endure the decay of a friend", is there something similar for body parts?

EDIT: In addition, I would appreciate the current character pages.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 10:31:50 am by Oliolli »

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: November 13, 2011, 11:12:52 am »

Oh dear.  Necro911 has passed on.  And not from his beloved magma either

I'm not cold-hearted though - I've ordered the door removed on your Hellvilla and set Necro911's corpse as forbidden.  Eventually the magma will claim it
Muhahahahha!
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: November 13, 2011, 03:39:31 pm »

NOOOOOOOO! Not the legs! I'm doomed! :'(

You do have a hospital with crutches and someone on duty, right?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1032 on: November 13, 2011, 03:40:22 pm »

Roast your legs on a magma spit :P

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: November 13, 2011, 04:31:54 pm »

Roast your legs on a magma spit :P

Omnomnom.

Diary of Mego IV, Olympic Magma Swimmer

I don't believe it. Not only did Swordthunders conquer and abuse Hell, but it is now filling it up with magma. I must tell others of this achievement. But, the thought of Hell being opened scared away any dwarves that might have immigrated here. There's another slight roadblock to my spreading of the story:

THAT FUCKING GHOST RIPPED OFF MY LEG!

I must leave this place, less I become one of the haunts here as well. I have made it to the upper level of the fort. My one good leg is weakening, and the wound on the other is shooting pain through my body. But still, I must survive. The story must be told. My ancestors gave their lives for this fort. I will not let them be forgotten.

I have heard that the Mountainhomes have developed a new medical procedure that could be of use to me. That is where I must go. Perhaps then, I could start an expedition to build a fort equal in stature to Swordthunders.

This is my dream. I must make it happen.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: November 13, 2011, 04:37:21 pm »

to be honest, if you can, save one soul to spread the word that hell had its ass handed back to it in a paper bag :)
its the kind of thing thats a tradition from boatmurderd.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 81