Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 400005 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)
« Reply #1080 on: November 19, 2011, 02:22:45 pm »

If my dorf is still alive in this save, lock him in his room with a few brewskies and a few fungi to eat when the magma comes. Let him deconstruct the door once the magma is surrounding the villa.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
Re: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)
« Reply #1081 on: November 19, 2011, 04:45:08 pm »

Can I be dorfed?
Any important job (mason, metalsmith, blacksmith, weaponsmith...)
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1082 on: November 19, 2011, 05:47:51 pm »

If my dorf is still alive in this save, lock him in his room with a few brewskies and a few fungi to eat when the magma comes. Let him deconstruct the door once the magma is surrounding the villa.

EVERYONE IS DEAD.

Frying Doby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: November 19, 2011, 06:08:26 pm »

EVERYONE IS DEAD.

Who is?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: November 19, 2011, 07:24:51 pm »

EVERYONE  IS DEAD.

You know we are talking about a post-embark [post-fortress] right? Seven new dwarves in which we requested re-dwarfing?  :)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: November 19, 2011, 07:26:12 pm »

EVERYONE IS DEAD.
I thought he was savescumming to an earlier save...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1086 on: November 19, 2011, 07:30:28 pm »

Well if this is reclaim, I demand a lord of doors! :D

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: November 19, 2011, 10:50:57 pm »

This is a savescum.

They are not all dead, Dave.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: November 19, 2011, 11:30:29 pm »

It is indeed a savescum, and I've just loaded it. Here's our current list of living dwarves (Seventeen in all)

Doren Rothiton Edosonol Dumat
Shem Likotbecor
Vehudur
Tiruin
Loud Whispers II
Eric Blank
Mego III
gzoker
Oliolli III
Wannazzaki II
That Aussie Dwarf, King of Hell and the Underworld
Necro 911
Sniken
Doby
Onul Limulkas
Cilob Urrithfikod
Captain Mayhem

A couple of new readers wanted dwarfing, so they'll get the two unnamed.  As always, Shen and Doren have earned the right to keep their own names due to their staggering kill counts

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: November 19, 2011, 11:37:31 pm »

I think once you've beaten colonised hell, the game doesn't have much left to throw at you. Also serial killer ghosts are quite cool.

It can still throw stuff at you. It threw the no-migrants trap at Aussie, leaving him with a steadily-diminishing population.

I'm partly certain that that was my own doing.  The year is only 91, and I have 930 filled coffins in the fortress, not counting unrecoverable corpses.  Going by the math, I think I ran the dwarf civ into extinction.  For the second fortress in a row.  I really should let the world gen spin for a millenia or two so there's a good-sized civilization to murder my way through, I mean, encourage to apply their trades to my masterpieces of engineering and masonry.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: November 19, 2011, 11:57:34 pm »

Keep me in my room when the magma comes, and lock me in with some plump helmets and cheap booze.

Let my flesh be scorched from the bones.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: November 20, 2011, 02:33:37 am »

Slabs + Engravers?  :D

And we have invaders still on right?

You know, there should be quick-links on the first page to important events (including the time warp) so future readers won't miss out, we have a lot of goodies in store!

Also, requesting to be made into a recruit if possible. For invaders...If possible.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: November 20, 2011, 02:36:43 am »

I think once you've beaten colonised hell, the game doesn't have much left to throw at you. Also serial killer ghosts are quite cool.

It can still throw stuff at you. It threw the no-migrants trap at Aussie, leaving him with a steadily-diminishing population.

I'm partly certain that that was my own doing.  The year is only 91, and I have 930 filled coffins in the fortress, not counting unrecoverable corpses.  Going by the math, I think I ran the dwarf civ into extinction.  For the second fortress in a row.  I really should let the world gen spin for a millenia or two so there's a good-sized civilization to murder my way through, I mean, encourage to apply their trades to my masterpieces of engineering and masonry.

This is why we can't have nice things in BattlefailedSwordthunders, someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: November 20, 2011, 02:46:13 am »

By the way, if there IS a reclaim at some point, I expect to be dorfed as well.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: November 20, 2011, 02:55:27 am »

By the way, if there IS a reclaim at some point, I expect to be dorfed as well.

Once I've filled Hell with magma and ruined it for everyone, I'll put up a savegame and it'll be in the hands of anyone crazy enough to launch a reclaim of Swordthunders.

This is why we can't have nice things in BattlefailedSwordthunders, someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.

I can't help it if all my fortresses result in the extinction of the dwarven race through self-inflicted genocide via a colossal tantrum
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 81