Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 400354 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
Re: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)
« Reply #1111 on: November 20, 2011, 09:23:06 pm »

Is Necro911 in his villa as I've requested?  :)

A warren has been set up in his villa, he'll be assigned when the magma's a little closer so he doesn't die of dehydration

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)
« Reply #1112 on: November 20, 2011, 09:41:28 pm »

Is Necro911 in his villa as I've requested?  :)

A warren has been set up in his villa, he'll be assigned when the magma's a little closer so he doesn't die of dehydration
Danke  :D

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: November 20, 2011, 09:41:34 pm »

Am I still around as a vengeful ghost? Anyone mysteriously lost any arms yet?
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: November 20, 2011, 09:47:44 pm »

Not that I'm aware of.  I think the murderspiral was the result of the few remaining dwarves being alone on their own a lot, allowing the violent ghosts to attack.  That and they all had a dozen of them following them around the fortress.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1115 on: November 20, 2011, 09:51:55 pm »

Not that I'm aware of.  I think the murderspiral was the result of the few remaining dwarves being alone on their own a lot, allowing the violent ghosts to attack.  That and they all had a dozen of them following them around the fortress.

Well... That's messed up.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: November 20, 2011, 09:55:52 pm »

You think that's messed up, but didn't bat an eyelid at Eric Blank having 40-odd ghosts harrassing him when he was the last one left?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1117 on: November 20, 2011, 09:59:14 pm »

You think that's messed up, but didn't bat an eyelid at Eric Blank having 40-odd ghosts harrassing him when he was the last one left?

No no, not that, I was talking about the dwarves.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: November 20, 2011, 10:23:27 pm »

Insert Homestuck reference here.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1119 on: November 20, 2011, 10:45:53 pm »

Aussie, have you tried locking wild animals in HFS and have them create some sort of demented wildlife reserve in hell? Maybe even grow trees and stuff? :D

Wild bunnies in hell :3

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: November 20, 2011, 11:32:22 pm »

Aussie, have you tried locking wild animals in HFS and have them create some sort of demented wildlife reserve in hell? Maybe even grow trees and stuff? :D

Wild bunnies in hell :3

Bit difficult to do that now with Hell filling with magma.  Also, what did Necro do THIS time?

Oh, and I wanted to share something I just saw. 

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1121 on: November 21, 2011, 12:25:14 am »

...It's on fire? My guess then it's not going to melt.

EVER. Perpetually on fire. That sounds quite awesome.

Quote from: Dwarf Guide
"...And to your left, is Khearn's coffin, forever burning since the dawn of time, it is said he shall rise again one day to lead the dwarves to the surface..."

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: November 21, 2011, 01:10:42 am »

On-topic stuff:

Could a checkerboard be built around a mysterious construction and work the same way? I don't see why it wouldn't, but I don't have a whole lot of experience with HFS.

Spoiler: Off-topic (click to show/hide)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1123 on: November 21, 2011, 01:17:16 am »

On-topic stuff:

Could a checkerboard be built around a mysterious construction and work the same way? I don't see why it wouldn't, but I don't have a whole lot of experience with HFS.

Spoiler: Off-topic (click to show/hide)

Since they both tend to path upwards, and a sacrificial dwarf or too doesn't hurt, don't see why not.
(Though I'd guess you'd have to build the checkerboard inside it, or find some awesome way to do it, otherwise they might just spread out and avoid the obsidianisation).

Spoiler: ERH WUT NAOW (click to show/hide)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: November 21, 2011, 01:34:25 am »

I'm sorry Necro.  Your dwarf was busy making booze when the magma reached his Hellvilla.  He's safe and sound in the fortress.  Unfortunately, Sniken and Shen are both trapped in their Helvillas with magma surrounding them. 

As for progress; There's now magma around ALL the hellvillas and covering the lake.  It's DEFINITELY faster with pumped magma.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 81