Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 400012 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)
« Reply #1125 on: November 21, 2011, 01:46:25 am »

I'm sorry Necro.  Your dwarf was busy making booze when the magma reached his Hellvilla.  He's safe and sound in the fortress.  Unfortunately, Sniken and Shen are both trapped in their Helvillas with magma surrounding them. 

As for progress; There's now magma around ALL the hellvillas and covering the lake.  It's DEFINITELY faster with pumped magma.

Behaves like pressurized water 'dunnit?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
Re: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)
« Reply #1126 on: November 21, 2011, 05:33:27 am »

Only 1z left to fill with magma now...

Varsar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: November 21, 2011, 06:54:44 am »

Glad to help.  As a special treat, I'll even show you all how to abuse an aquifer for power. 

Once again, thanks, this beats my windmills anytime, unless there is no aquifer, of course
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 06:57:56 am by Varsar »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: November 21, 2011, 10:02:05 am »

Oh. Oh sweet Armok... What have I done?!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: November 21, 2011, 10:44:43 am »

... is that a bad thing?
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: November 21, 2011, 10:48:47 am »

:o
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: November 21, 2011, 10:54:53 am »

Here's the save with Hell full of magma.  The pumps are still going, but I've designated the appropriate lever to be pulled to cut the power to them.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5199

... is that a bad thing?
Nope

I officially declare Hell beaten. And insulted.  Horribly, horribly abused and insulted.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: November 21, 2011, 12:13:05 pm »

I thought you had already beaten hell. And insulted it. Horribly, horribly abused and insulted it.

Necro would be proud.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: November 21, 2011, 12:54:23 pm »

Motion to declare ThatAussieGuy as the winner of Dwarf Fortress.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: November 21, 2011, 01:56:31 pm »

I somehow recall Aussie losing, then savescumming. And me and Necro assuring everyone that eventually he would lose.

[insert Told You So here]

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: November 21, 2011, 02:04:13 pm »

Everybody loses. This is indisputable. But Aussie managed to win before he lost.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: November 21, 2011, 02:35:12 pm »

Motion seconded.
Your move, Hell!
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: November 21, 2011, 03:48:51 pm »

Oh, and I wanted to share something I just saw. 

I have a coffin, yet I'm still a ghost? Maybe I'm a ghost because I have a ‼coffin‼ instead of a coffin?

But what makes you think it's on fire? I don't see anything in the screenshot to indicate that it is? I guess that gray stuff around it is smoke, but are you sure there isn't anything else around it that is burning?

Or did someone forget to close the lid? :-/

Or is it just due to my ghost's temperament?
Quote from: 2 Thessalonians 1:8 (paraphrased)
In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that have not LEATHER!!!!
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: November 21, 2011, 05:07:32 pm »

All in favor of Aussie being declared the winner of Dwarf Fortress?

Aye!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: November 21, 2011, 05:08:55 pm »

Even TvTropes thinks that he is a magnificent bastard. *cough*
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 81