Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 400399 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)
« Reply #1155 on: November 23, 2011, 06:42:59 am »

Wohoo, died in magmaeey soup!

Are we heading for a reclaim yet? I have a tiny inkling that there is something missing in this epic tale.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
Re: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)
« Reply #1156 on: November 23, 2011, 07:07:16 am »

I'll check what an adventurer can find there.

Are we heading for a reclaim yet? I have a tiny inkling that there is something missing in this epic tale.

This is the worldgen with Swordthunders having been abandoned so it would stay half-flooded on the upper levels and offer a challenge
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5202

On the topic of an adventurer: The first thing I noticed, is that there is no dwarven civ. One human, one elf, no dwarven. You killed 'em all!

So begins the adventure of 'Oliolli' 'Boreroofs' Aguvfatab!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Built on the base of Oliolli I.
Named after him as well. (He was always Oliolli, not Oliolli I)

Once again, I am the first in the fray.

Oliolli started too far away from Swordthunders. Instead, he stayed the night in another fortress of Aussies.
The fortress was abandoned... suddenly. I've found half-mined stone here.

Damn cave-croc...

Oliolli II coming:
Not exactly the stats of the actual Oliolli II, but I need a chance at survival. (If you want to see Swordthunders)

Better starting spot, near a human fortress.

"Ab Estebe: Oliolli II... Your parents must have been interesting!"

Oliolli II reaches Swordthunders, after two days of goblin-infested wilderness... And the game crashes. And the game almost crashes.

Fun fact: 6 trolls named Estrur have died in Swordthunders. 2 of them were killed by Doren, one by Shem and one by a human. That one human killed 7 trolls and three gobbos. Apparently she was with the caravan of 83. Despite her badassness for a caravan guard, she never made it back home. She worshipped the deity of longevity.

GAH!
WHAT!? WHERE!?! HOW!?!

The outside looks like what it is: a battlefield.
Unfortunately I can't seem to find any armor that is large enough for me. Only small armor.

Winter came while I was here: I saw a murky pool flash-freeze.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 09:18:51 am by Oliolli »

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: November 23, 2011, 10:02:12 am »

Wohoo, died in magmaeey soup!

I've kinda been trying to hint for one of you guys to start and lead one.  I've done all I can for the fortress.  Put it up in the community thread and make a community game out of it if anyone does start one though.  I think that's about the only thing I couldn't do to Hell, as I am but one King of Hell and HFS.

edit:  Looking forward to seeing more of your exploration as an adventurer, Ololli

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: November 23, 2011, 11:23:40 am »

Well, I'm stopping for today, my adventurer just woke up after sleeping a few hours (in one of your bedrooms in fact). The two companions, both already battle-hardened, were nowhere to be seen. I'm guessing they're still alive.

Seriously, where did all the human trader's guards die? I couldn't find human-fitting armor anywhere!

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

sniken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: November 24, 2011, 01:47:57 am »

Awesome, having a look around in the save before flooding the upper area.
Shame my dear dorf is dead, any idea how it happened?

One thing i noticed in the save: Necro911 is standing in a still, making precious alcohol, and he is sharing one square with 7 other ghosts, guess they are thirsty?

Had Gzoker make a stone slab for my sad ghost

This is a well crafted schist memorial to Sniken Logemlolok.
The slab reads: "In memory of Sniken Logemlolok / died 93 / Friend of sheep(...?)"

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: November 24, 2011, 07:38:50 am »

Something from Legends: Apparently, Oliolli III killed "Gamerlord". I'm sorry about that.

More adventuring:

Apparently, apart from the entrance, the entire fort is ful of water: My character is swimming part of the time, and is completely covered by water. There is a room, which is so full of water I couldn't even explore it, and exploring the lower levels is out of the question.
What is that room full of water?

The fort is also full of trees. I couldn't visit a bedroom due to a spore tree in front of it. I tried to burn it... twice.

I opened a door I shouldn't have opened. Good chance I'll never make it out of here. My companions may soon be dead.

I made it... for now. I took a staircase to an upper level, but my companions are still down there, as well as a massive amount of water.
From there I made it to a lower level. This fort is a maze! Anyway, both my companions are MIA.

Survivors! The baroness and an engraver!  Yes, THE baroness. She won't talk to me though...
The engraver is "Vehudur". I asked her about the surroundings... Apparently she would need to be "home" to know about the area. I wonder, does "home" mean Aussies Luxury Resort or the mountainhome?

Uhh... A FB is fighting an engraver. Not Vehudur though. It is Vehudur... The engraver is doing well: already managed to chop off a leg with a carving knife. And somehow, The Baroness is also MIA.

Well, this sucks... The FB, Sox, is a grime-and-filth lobster.

I play very little adventurer, so i can honestly say this is the most awesome thing I have ever done in Adventurer:

The game crashed. My last save had been in the living quarters. I'll see about retrying all that later.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 08:25:31 am by Oliolli »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: November 24, 2011, 08:20:29 am »

There is a room, which is so full of water I couldn't even explore it, and exploring the lower levels is out of the question.
What is that room full of water?

I opened a door I shouldn't have opened. Good chance I'll never make it out of here. My companions may soon be dead.

Congratulations, you found the Cistern of Death.   I have no idea HOW a FB got into the fortress, though.  There's nowhere one can get into the fortress from the caverns.  MAYBE if it could fly, but it would still wind up on the quarry level deep underground.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: November 24, 2011, 11:34:35 am »

Oh Armok. FB's have gained the ability of Teleportis from the demons D:

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: November 24, 2011, 02:51:55 pm »

I've noticed that living things can teleport around after abandon. I've encountered it in some of my own forts.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1164 on: November 24, 2011, 02:57:21 pm »

I've noticed that living things can teleport around after abandon. I've encountered it in some of my own forts.

Minatour... Steel battle axe... Rabbits....

Anyways, who wants to start a reclaim game? :D

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: November 24, 2011, 09:12:11 pm »

Minatour... Steel battle axe... Rabbits....

Reclaim succession game?
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: November 24, 2011, 09:18:42 pm »

Reclaim succession game?

I'm in for this, as long as I don't have to maintain the thread.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: November 25, 2011, 12:30:34 am »

I may also be interested, as long as I'm not starting it or in the first few.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: November 25, 2011, 12:49:41 am »

So Oliolli (jegus I see why Necro has trouble) wants to not only be the first overseer, but also maintain the thread? Awesome!

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: November 25, 2011, 07:45:49 am »

Not exactly what I said.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm afraid I won't have much time to explore Swordthunders with Oliolli in the coming days, maybe even a week.
I'm having exams in school, so those will take up some time.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 10:11:28 am by Oliolli »

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 81