Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 400440 times)

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
Re: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)
« Reply #1170 on: November 26, 2011, 06:34:42 am »

Well, I scrounged some time to explore Swordthunders. After the game had crashed, I had to make my way back to where I was. Unfortunately, Vehudur and Doren were nowhere to be found. A FB was there though, and I managed to kill it. Reg Lekzaneg lost a masterwork, somewhere, somehow. Found some long downward shaft, apparently made for a vertical axle.

My troops found me. The three of us started down the shaft. We will see what is down there...

Mist, clothes and small armor. Continuing down.
I made it to the bottom of that shaft. The floor was 2/7 full of water, but there were floor hatches to a lower level nearby. Continuing...
Same happened again.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 06:45:36 am by Oliolli »

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
Re: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)
« Reply #1171 on: November 26, 2011, 08:57:21 am »

Well, I scrounged some time to explore Swordthunders. After the game had crashed, I had to make my way back to where I was. Unfortunately, Vehudur and Doren were nowhere to be found. A FB was there though, and I managed to kill it. Reg Lekzaneg lost a masterwork, somewhere, somehow. Found some long downward shaft, apparently made for a vertical axle.

My troops found me. The three of us started down the shaft. We will see what is down there...

Mist, clothes and small armor. Continuing down.
I made it to the bottom of that shaft. The floor was 2/7 full of water, but there were floor hatches to a lower level nearby. Continuing...
Same happened again.

I'd hazard a guess that your PC can't cope with the sudden amount of flowing magma being generated when you reached the magma sea.  I drained it a bit around each of the pumps, so it'd all be slowly refilling. Where was the room with 2/7-deep water?

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: November 26, 2011, 11:46:58 am »

Actually, the "Same happened again" meant another small room 2/7 full of water, and floor hatches. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

The room was at the bottom of a some sort of shaft, 3-4 up/down stairs in a nearly-square formation. Also included short path north, then east to a vertical axle. No idea where the axle was going.

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: November 26, 2011, 01:33:39 pm »

I'd also enjoy trying to reclaim this horrid little fortress, but I wouldn't have time to manage the thread... hmm... What can be done with this...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1174 on: November 26, 2011, 03:14:27 pm »

I'd also enjoy trying to reclaim this horrid little fortress, but I wouldn't have time to manage the thread... hmm... What can be done with this...

Well that's also my problem :/

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: November 26, 2011, 03:18:09 pm »

Perhaps Aussie should manage the thread?

I realized how bad of an idea that would be just after I typed it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1176 on: November 26, 2011, 03:25:05 pm »

I realized how great of an idea that would be just after I typed it.

I TOTALLY AGREE.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: November 26, 2011, 08:39:40 pm »

I TOTALLY AGREE.

Oh no-no-no.  I built the damn place, so it wouldn't be fair - I know where everything is and what all the levers do.  I'm not going to deprive any of you the surprise of finding out.  There aren't any that would utterly ruin a reclaim (anymore.  I dealt with them before saving), but they would provide a few moments of excitement.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: November 26, 2011, 11:04:08 pm »

I TOTALLY AGREE.

Oh no-no-no.  I built the damn place, so it wouldn't be fair - I know where everything is and what all the levers do.  I'm not going to deprive any of you the surprise of finding out.  There aren't any that would utterly ruin a reclaim (anymore.  I dealt with them before saving), but they would provide a few moments of excitement.

You could still manage the thread.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: November 26, 2011, 11:34:20 pm »

Wheres the blasted save? C:

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: November 27, 2011, 12:20:41 am »

The fortress is half-flooded, Hell is full of magma and abuse, and I unwittingly created a waterfall that is systematically killing the animals that lived in the fortress one-by-one.

I'd say my work, and fortress , are done here.

This is the worldgen with Swordthunders having been abandoned so it would stay half-flooded on the upper levels and offer a challenge
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5202

Though I don't want to start it, I heartily endorse anyone insane enough to launch a reclaim.

Last post on the last page at 50 per.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: November 27, 2011, 02:18:14 am »

Wheres the blasted save? C:

So you're managing the thread? Excellent...

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: November 27, 2011, 02:52:11 am »

Is that how we're doing it? Next person to post in here starts the Swordthunders Reclaim thread?

See you guys later.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: November 27, 2011, 06:27:34 am »

Alright, I'll start and keep an eye on the reclaim thread, but I'm not taking a turn.  Whoever wants to lead the initial expedition, let me know before I start it and I'll PM them when the thread's made.

Here's the reclaim save again.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5202

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: November 27, 2011, 08:26:32 am »

It's done: I started a reclaim thread.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=96916.0

Come one, come all. Volunteers are welcome and encouraged
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81