Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 400307 times)

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

The downside being that the wall will never be complete enough to satisfy our need for perfection, unless you deconstruct that spawntrap and wall the spot up proper.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

It's a short term protection, I assume.  Once the other wall sections are complete, then the odd spots can be smoothed out.

Also, how to build gantries: Build a stairs and floor as normal, but some tiles AWAY from the work zone.  Build bridges to connect the scaffolding to the work zone.  Build walls as needed.  When you need to deconstruct, you can remove the 10 long bridges much faster than floor tiles, and then cave-in the scaffolding so that it collapses into a pile of stone.  Very quick cleanup, there.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

SPLENDID.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Ladies and Gentledwarves,

Also, I've got bridges being built as gantries along the south wall to see how that goes.  It's actually taking longer so far because of the need for an Architect (that and there's four near full-length bridges being built), but it may pay off in the long-term.  It was a nice thought, but it's far quicker just to set up a small stone stockpile by the construction site and let the Masons just lay a row of floors down to work on.  I don't really mind the gantries staying there on the wall.  It'll still be sealed, none-the-less.

It's a short term protection, I assume.  Once the other wall sections are complete, then the odd spots can be smoothed out.

That's exactly right.  Once the basic wall is done,  I'll go back and re-do the traps for a completely flat wall.

edit:  The third level of the South Wall is DONE. 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 09:49:35 pm by ThatAussieGuy »

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

Remind me to hire all of you when I start up an engineering firm.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll send you my resume.  It's the skull of your pet, adorned with hanging rings of emeralds.  It's also mounted upside down and the cavity is filled with vomit.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How would you like to be the leader of the design team?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll send you my response in the form of a sack made from the leather of your pet.  It won't be vomit-filled this time.  But it will be worse.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

By worse I assume you mean better.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's always better *corn cob pipe*

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And a button nose?

Sorry, I couldn't resist. What was this thread about again?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

And a button nose?

It was about Aussie guy dominating hell>:]

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

And a button nose?

I prefer "embarrassing hell" or "insulting hell" myself.  Losing may be fun, but Winning is Satisfying

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

And a button nose?

I prefer "embarrassing hell" or "insulting hell" myself.  Losing may be fun, but Winning is Satisfying

About time Hell had fun. Previously it has been merely satisfied.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm fairly surprised that, given Girlinhat's activity in this thread, there have been no dick jokes.

THE PHALLUS GODS ARE ANGRY.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 81