Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 398953 times)

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

After that, won't be long before Girlinhat demands (mandates?) AussieGuy to build a huge phallus to hang from the roof of hell...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Just got the fourth level done on the south wall.  Fifth one will probably be done sometime soon.  East or North next, guys?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ladies and Gentledwarves, I have now contained half of the Happy Fun Stuff.

Spoiler:  Level 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Level 2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Level 3 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Level 4 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Level 5 (click to show/hide)

I'm saving the Glowing Pits for after the walls are done.  Their day is coming though...

Edit:  Extra happy news - One of the admanatine spires has a straight shot down into hell without curving about.  We're gonna have strawberries....
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 10:27:59 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile

Strawberries mean wine! Fruit, wine, sunlight and a warm climate all year around. Who would have thought that hell was so... elven?
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Strawberries mean wine! Fruit, wine, sunlight and a warm climate all year around. Who would have thought that hell was so... elven?

Are you really so surprised?  I'm considering flooring every level in hell to build a dwarf city.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile

Seeing this has put everything i have ever done to shame and now i will go through my house systematically burning everything i own, running naked into the wilderness and either dying or conquering it in a style worth of this megaproject.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seeing this has put everything i have ever done to shame and now i will go through my house systematically burning everything i own, running naked into the wilderness and either dying or conquering it in a style worth of this megaproject.

I think we need a checklist of what I've done with this little project:

I've broken the fear of the Clown Car.

I've walled over half the perimeter of Hell (and I'm still going)

I've got a viable 1x1 site for growing surface plants on the surface of the underworld (Though it'll probably take a while as I'll probably have to dig into the cavern layers to build a proper walled vertical channel.  THAT will be done after I've made the Happy Fun Stuff into a Happy Friendly Place as I'll need dedicated masons).

Have I missed anything?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile

Make sure it is actual wilderness, and not this large park crap. Otherwise you may have some troubles with the rangers.

See: Testicle Tazers.

EDIT: I love how the highest voted thing is "BANANA". I love Bay12.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

Make sure it is actual wilderness, and not this large park crap. Otherwise you may have some troubles with the rangers.
Siberia, Lapland or Northern Canada should be your friends here.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile

Siberia, Lapland or Northern Canada should be your friends here.
One problem with that.

Gonna have some bits and pieces falling off.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was considering the scottish moors actually. It's legal to wild camp up there! That and i can't get abroad too easily. Maybe if i just let myself float on a current using my bouyant rear end.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

It's not dorfy until bits and pieces are falling off.

Also, might I suggest a large phallic shaped swimming pool?  Preferably built with retaining walls of expensive materials.  Gold or platinum should suffice.  It should be your preferred drowning chamber for nobles.  And the tip should lead to a glowing pit, where you can empty it into the deepest pits of the earth.

I'm tempted to say magma pool, but a swimming pool in hell sounds more hilarious.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile

Also, might I suggest a large phallic shaped swimming pool?  Preferably built with retaining walls of expensive materials.  Gold or platinum should suffice.  It should be your preferred drowning chamber for nobles.  And the tip should lead to a glowing pit, where you can empty it into the deepest pits of the earth.

I'm tempted to say magma pool, but a swimming pool in hell sounds more hilarious.

Not to mention the dwarfs getting happy thoughts from the mist.

"This place is pretty creepy and demons could come out and mutilate me at any second and- WOW! That's a nice Phallus!"
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mix platinum and electrum! Then you can use three precious metals!

Oaktree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't forget the maximum height tower above the hole so that you can hold a record sky-dive event when the noble of your choice "dedicates" the new farm plot. 

The initial liquid for irrigating the site does not have to be water.
Armorer McUrist cancels forge steel mailshirt, interrupted by minecart
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 81