Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 400112 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Struck down by a giant demon koala...  Why... Why?  WHY?!  WHY COULDN'T IT HAVE BEEN ME?!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

We've lost another one - JDF117 was outside when a siege turned up on my doorstep. I locked the doors thinking everyone was inside, but I was wrong. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For the record, a troll punched your head in. JDF117.  Once they leave, I'll go stick your body in it's little alcove in the Wall.

Update:  Necro910 got shot to death by goblins.  How he got outside, i have no idea.  It also seems I left one of the hatches unlocked and trolls are coming inside.  The Swift Tombs are on the way up, but it'll take them a while..

edit:  Uh-oh.  Goblins have found the front door.  This is gonna be unpleasant before the Tombs arrive...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 03:24:57 am by ThatAussieGuy »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's over.  VERY thankful that Doren is a fast runner.  I had a hallway full of goblins firing bolts and arrows at her with trolls surrounding her.  She didn't even have a scratch.  She SLAUGHTERED all of them though.  Her kill tally's now at 116 notable kills.

The Swift Tombs are presently guarding the security gate till I get new hatches installed.  The fortress lost about 12 dwarves in all (current pop is 78).

All the goblins and trolls have been accounted for, thankfully.

Have a picture of the aftermath

Don't think anyone else died LoudWhispers, your dwarf was also been killed and interred.  Didn't see what got you, though.  Hope seeing the wall in-person, as it were, was worth it  :P

Kirbypowered got attacked, but I think Doren saved him.

Edit:  Just looked and Kirbypowered's in hospital with a broken leg. 

I'd like to note that a couple of axedwarves in the Tombs got titles, and that if things truly had gone tits-up, I was actually prepared to use the Fortress Suicide Lever.  It's a lever tied to floodgates off the Reservoir in a small sealed bedroom that are connected to a channel dropping into the main hallway.  You can work out what it does.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 04:00:33 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

Wow, we're losing forumites like...
..dwarves...

I love that the first time I offered Dorfing, no-one's interested.  I star enslaving forumers to the wall as labour, suddenly everyone wants in.

I was interested :( Shortly after I died, everyone else also wanted/were forced to endure part of the Fun.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I love that the first time I offered Dorfing, no-one's interested.  I star enslaving forumers to the wall as labour, suddenly everyone wants in.

I was interested :( Shortly after I died, everyone else also wanted/were forced to endure part of the Fun.

You were too, my apologies.  I keep meaning to redwarf you, but I'm a little busy at the moment.  I promise there will be an Oliolli II soon.

Anyone else insane enough for another dwarfing?  Just got a few migrants in that should do well on the Wall.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Speaking of insanity, Kirbypowered had a mood, but didn't get want he wanted.  He's wandering the fort babbling madly now. 

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile

Speaking of insanity, Kirbypowered had a mood, but didn't get want he wanted.  He's wandering the fort babbling madly now. 
So he goes insane screaming at people, and I get lined up against the wall?

Wait... something is off....

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The difference is you tried to argue with (I think it was)  Goblin Archers.  They didn't like your opinion about just who the hill belonged to.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile

The difference is you tried to argue with (I think it was)  Goblin Archers.  They didn't like your opinion about just who the hill belonged to.
Ah, OK.

Now it makes sense to me.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pretty much.  I'd also like to appologise for the lack of a magma pumpstack in Swordthunders.  I just don't have the metal veins to build one.  May take a crack at building one anyway once I've sealed off Hell.  Those Goblins are gonna burn... one day...

edit:  I'd like to note that Kivish Tongsbeast, a simple Clothier, just punched a Red Demon so hard it exploded.  AND HE LIVED.  Before anyone asks, he has no innate combat skills higher than "dabbling".  He lost a bit of his body fat, and he's pale, but i don't think he's gonna drop dead.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 10:28:44 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Couple of things I wanted to say. First, thanks for the dorfing, even if I'm not actually female. :P Second, this thread has inspired me to pick up DF again. I've never successfully got a fort past its third year, and I'm going to make that a goal this time.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Couple of things I wanted to say. First, thanks for the dorfing, even if I'm not actually female. :P Second, this thread has inspired me to pick up DF again. I've never successfully got a fort past its third year, and I'm going to make that a goal this time.

The fort seems to have a lot of female dwarves.  I mostly just picked randomly and blindly for who got what. 

And you'll have a ways to go - My record is a 50-year fortress.  It was my first real fortress that I didn't get killed with some minor detail, like no farming.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

I have got to say that this is pretty epic. It's cool to see "forumgoers" being enslaved and transformed into dwarves. Also I'm up for it if you want, it'd be interesting to see if I manage to accomplish anything before dying in some horrible way. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile

Also I'm up for it if you want, it'd be interesting to see if I manage to accomplish anything before dying in some horrible way. :P
This is why dwarves even bother living together in a civilization, and also why they are all manic depressive alcoholics.  :P

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile

You get the occasional short human mixed in with them too, simply due to the resemblance. XD
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 81