Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 400355 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Losing is fun.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Oh... Oh this is hilarious.  He actually did it

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And to prove it was done in Hell

Ladies and Gentledwarves, I have not only insulted the Clown Car,  I just tagged Hell with dwarven graffiti.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...it doesn't tell what the two dwarves are doing.

If you were spraying graffiti on the wall of hell itself, what would you depict two dwarves doing?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...it doesn't tell what the two dwarves are doing.

If you were spraying graffiti on the wall of hell itself, what would you depict two dwarves doing?

Honestly, i think the lack of detail just leaves it open to the imagination.  That or, the sole dwarf in hell is lonely.  And tagging hell just become even more hilarious.  The sole dwarf in hell is named Zasit Phrasedpainted

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...We need details of him now, plz.  This is prime material!  Screenshots everywhere!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...We need details of him now, plz.  This is prime material!  Screenshots everywhere!

I've just reopened the floor hatch to hell and he's buggered off back to fort for a (admittedly well-earned) sleep.  There's a Pterosaur Demon harassing the Hellpost and the militia, what's left of it, are all in the hospital

« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 01:30:15 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"He made a satisfying acquisition lately."  This is the dwarven way of saying "I busted my way into hell itself, took a piss on the wall, and then got bored and left.  A similar paraphrasing comes from "He has been satisfied at work lately."

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Honestly i was fully expecting to see "Doesn't really care about anything anymore" somewhere in there.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Before i savescum,  I just wanted to share something kind of hilarious.  There's a wrestler named Reg Nogolavuz (Riddlemines) being strangled by a Pterosaur Demon.  For the last few weeks, possibly months.  She's unconcious and is now possibly the most broken a dwarf can be without actually dying.

The only thing undamaged is her head.  If you can't make it out, she's currently quite content.  I want to know how she hasn't bled out from all the oozing parts.  She should be completely red and dripping from the neck down.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've heard that unconscious creatures have trouble dying until they regain consciousness.  In this case, the demon can't quite strangle to death, and managed to lock the dwarf in a "unconscious, so cannot die - being strangled, so cannot become conscious" loop.  Most creatures don't have [NO_EXERTION] flags.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm savescumming, but i thought I'd leave the savegame as it currently is here for anyone wanting to try and reclaim the hell base with the 40-odd dwarves still alive.  Oh, and the militia's all dead or in the hospital

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5014

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What I find amusing about Zasit: "He is not a risk-taker"
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

What risk is there? It's just hell, it's not like we're talking about a band of enraged badgers. Wait...

I want to see a "cage" of walls and floors built overhanging a glowing pit.  That would have to be the single most terrifying thing in the world.  The pits are the deepest part of the world, underneath the soil, under the "underworld" of the caverns, under even the great magma sea and even deeper than hell itself.  The demons don't come from the pits, they wander hell itself and come from other areas of the world.  What is an glowing pit?  A swirling, softly purple glow in the darkness, deeper than any pit any dwarf or tectonics have even created.  And something must be down there.  The energy must come from somewhere.  What, in all of creation itself, could be lurking in the infinite depths that even a demon won't venture into?  What Old Gods lay sleeping?  What unrestrained, primeval energy billows up from the unknown depths?

Now we know where badgers come from...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Banana wins!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That damn banana, it's from HELL! I tell you, HELL!!

I was rather annoyed last night as the game crashed twice and both times i lost an hour's work.  The first time i had to reload from just as i was building the room just under the breach into hell, but at least the second was from reaching the ground and partially-built.  Oh, THIS time I'm building straight down over a Glowing Pit.  My dwarves are flooring it over so i can build down into it safely as my outpost in Hell while they start walling it off.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 81