Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 400335 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

I demand a duel against a demon.  Bring me... which are the ones that explode, again?

Red Devils explode in a cloud of dwarf-melting fire.  IF you can kill them.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

BRING ME A RED DEVIL!

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile

BRING ME A RED DEVIL!

Reminds me of the Black Russian from Blackadder.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Had a moment of !!Fun!! just now.  I was setting up a Spawn Trap in a spotwhere I know demons usually enter on the north wall, when a group of Spring Green Demons popped in on the masons.  They didn't manage to kill anyone, The Swift Tombs were on standby nearby just in case this happened.  An axedwarf lost an arm, but they otherwise slaughtered them.

Oh, and  Roy (Possible Doppleganger) is now a very definite corpse because he got locked outside when a pair of Goblin Ambush squads turned up outside my fort. 

edit:  I've also discovered that flying demons can spawn over glowing pits if they're against the map edge.  Gonna have to build the wall down as low as it can go so I don't get demons flying around spooking dwarves from under the floors.

edit 2:  Why the hell have no less than SIX, count that SIX ghosts decided to camp on the one section of wall I need to finish to complete the Spawn Trap?  Even the Afterlife's against my plans to conquer Hell!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 04:43:43 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

They have sinned, and after death their spirits have gone to hell. Simple as that.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Had to retreat from Hell for a bit due to Demons infesting the wall where I was building (about 4-5 Spring Green Demons, Rat Demons and a Red Devil), but the dwarves are back and building once more. There's also only 57 dwarves left in the fort after the last goblin visit (no idea what 13-odd dwarves were doing outside at the time).  I'll have a look through the dwarf roster in a little bit to see who's still alive.  One or two of you did die, I do know that, but I cant remember who.

edit:

Here are the surviving forumgoers enslaved to the Wall

Oliolli II
Kogut
Keldane
Khearn
Vehudur
GirlinHat
MadocComadrin
Mego II
EveryZig  He just went beserk because he didn't get whatever he wanted for his Fey Mood.  Doren gave EveryZig a nice axe blade in the head to calm him down.

If you're not on the list, you're in a coffin.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 10:08:09 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile

I think it's my name. My name inevitably causes my dorf to die a violent death.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think it's my name. My name inevitably causes my dorf to die a violent death.

You've been dead a little while now.  You've also been properly sealed in the top level of the south-east corner.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For bonus points, you should build "bracers" against the wall.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile

I told you I die fast.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I told you I die fast.

Actually, I'm pretty sure you only died relatively recently. 

Also, it's rather annoying if a demon spawns on the wall - All construction gets halted because even if the demon's on the far opposite side of the wall, the dwarves go to build and go "ohshit, a demon!" despite it being quite a long way off.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Dwarf me please! This is awesome! Just an idea: When you're done, remove every corpse from it's coffin in order to make lots of ghosts! e.g. more ghosts than dwarves!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When it's done, post the save.  We have to decide what to do with this abomination.  I'm thinking "adventure mode gauntlet" myself.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When it's done, post the save.  We have to decide what to do with this abomination.  I'm thinking "adventure mode gauntlet" myself.

Of course!  I don't mind revealing that I myself plan to split the save into two for myself.  In one, the dwarves move EVERYTHING from the fort into Hell to live happily ever after.  In the other;  Four "volunteers" open the adamantine spires all the way down and dig for magma through the side...

JDF117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, it's rather annoying if a demon spawns on the wall - All construction gets halted because even if the demon's on the far opposite side of the wall, the dwarves go to build and go "ohshit, a demon!" despite it being quite a long way off.

Think about how it is to the dwarf:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 81