Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 394268 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

Wait a second... There are KAMIKAZE DEMONS in Dwarf Fortress?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Wait a second... There are KAMIKAZE DEMONS in Dwarf Fortress?

No, they just have the ability to melt an entire squad of unfortunate militiadwarves if they all cluster around one when they kill it.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

So more like the bombs from Final Fantasy.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Beings made of fire are known to explode.  Beings with a non-directed dust attack tend to kill themselves upon attacking.  This can cause strange suicide bombers as the demon breathes dust, kills itself in the process, and explodes.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know, I'm almost tempted to PM Toady to tell him I finished Hell.  Considering it IS classed as the current endgame and all.  Not without the say-so of everyone here though. 

Oh, and because someone asked, I started with about 110 dwarves when I first entered Hell and I'm down to only 41.  That said, a LOT of deaths were from dwarves being locked outside during sieges and minimal migrant waves (generally only 5-6 per season).

I also have a windmill designated for construction in Hell near the strawberry farming plot, just to see what will happen.  I'll slap down a beehive there too shortly.  Just managing dwarves walling off the area around that syndrome beast.  A farmer suffocated near it, so I'm assuming he stepped in it's blood

edit: Oh, I forgot that I'm also having a restraint set down beside the blood pools.  Gonna tie a kitten to it for SCIENCE to see if it truly is the cause of their deaths.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 11:35:32 pm by ThatAussieGuy »

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile

You know, I'm almost tempted to PM Toady to tell him I finished Hell.  Considering it IS classed the current endgame and all.  Not without the say-so of everyone here though. 

Oh, and because someone asked, I started with about 110 dwarves when I first entered Hell and I'm down to only 41.  That said, a LOT of deaths were from dwarves being locked outside during sieges and minimal migrant waves (generally only 5-6 per season).

I also have a windmill designated for construction in Hell near the strawberry farming plot, just to see what will happen.  I'll slap down a beehive there too shortly.  Just managing dwarves walling off the area around that syndrome beast.  A farmer suffocated near it, so I'm assuming he stepped in it's blood

edit: Oh, I forgot that I'm also having a restraint set down beside the blood pools.  Gonna tie a kitten to it for SCIENCE to see if it truly is the cause of their deaths.
You're going to end up having Toady give demons the ability to phase through objects  :P

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You're going to end up having Toady give demons the ability to phase through objects  :P

Even I think that'd be a bit far and unfair.

A planter's dragging a stray cat down to be chained by a blood pool.  I'll keep an eye on the restraint to hopefully get pictures for Science.  Never had a proper syndrome beast in my fort before

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The cat is in place.  Now we wait for it to take a step to the west or south...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Quick question: Am I dead yet?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Toady reads the forums, rest assured.  He sorta does that "all knowing" thing, but never interferes in the afairs of mortals.  Until the insults start flying and he locks a thread.  Or ThreeToe, it's hard to tell who does the locking specifically.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Toady reads the forums, rest assured.  He sorta does that "all knowing" thing, but never interferes in the afairs of mortals.  Until the insults start flying and he locks a thread.  Or ThreeToe, it's hard to tell who does the locking specifically.

Ah, I see *cowers from the all-seeing Toady One*.

I've switched to a Pastured Cat as the restrained one just sat on the chained spot.  SCIENCE should occur shortly...

edit: Little bastard's sitting on the same spot as the previous one.  I've ordered a bunch of cats to be pastured there.  Now we'll see if it's contagious too!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 12:43:26 am by ThatAussieGuy »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We have a kill.  Delayed exposure and the game crashed (something about the blood tiles makes it consistently happen, so I'm not going near them again).  That WAS a fun little experiment.  Just did it to kill time while the Glowing Pits are covered

Uh-oh....

Incoming goblin siege, one of the hatches is broken (from a bunch of trolls that got past the Tombs, albeit not by much) and the Swift Tombs are all the way down in Hell. 

TAKING ALL BETS!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 02:12:31 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

Incoming goblin siege, one of the hatches is broken (from a bunch of trolls that got past the Tombs, albeit not by much) and the Swift Tombs are all the way down in Hell. 

TAKING ALL BETS!

M agm am agmam agm amag mama gma.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile

TAKING ALL BETS!

M agm am agmam agm amag mama gma.
Ma Magma ma g ma magmagma magma magmamagma

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile

We have a kill.  Delayed exposure and the game crashed (something about the blood tiles makes it consistently happen, so I'm not going near them again).  That WAS a fun little experiment.  Just did it to kill time while the Glowing Pits are covered

Uh-oh....

TAKING ALL BETS!

Send in the plague kittens!
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 81