Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 399023 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Well, I've floored over the top of a Glowing Pit and now my Masons are building down into it

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've got them smoothing and engraving the walls of it just so Hell knows who owns it now

I like to think that "Udib Zommishthem's Rendition" is a crudely-drawn dwarf with the words "The Permanent Paperz woz 'ere!" under it

Melissia

• Bay Watcher
  • Confused noob having lots of fun!
    • View Profile

Man, I have to do something like this for my fort whenever I get done with my magma pump stack..
"If a job is worth doing, it's worth dying for."
-- Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, I'm saving the best part for after i seal off Hell completely.  You see, I'm fairly certain i can dig a straight channel down through the spire into hell.  Anything between the top of it and the surface is relatively easy with a few walls and a long vertical channel....  To hint at what I'm going to do.... Strawberry, anyone?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

You're... Going to create a cave-in?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not even close

edit:  Though i must admit, I'm thinking of using the ceiling-based entry as a base for building a network of weaponized droppable pillars made out of crafted walls.  THAT should help with the Clowns.  Suppose i should ask in-relation to that;  Do Demons set off pressure plates?  I know they have a [trap:avoid] tag, or something.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 12:18:32 am by ThatAussieGuy »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

You're going to collapse the surface down to hell so we can have happy fun sunberry growing time.

You have my approval, for what it's worth.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We have a winner!

loser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Abyssal Strawberry Wineries, celebrating the dwarven conquest of hell with every barrel.
ΘπÆ┼
What are you doing in my home?
It's a difficult question to answer.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For everyone's amusement;  Dwarves dining in Hell  (Building rooms now that i've floored over the Glowing Pit on all levels)

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile

This sounds fascinating. I'm downloading your first save file as much for the sake of learning about how other people play the game as for the joy of playing a few rounds of checkers with the clowns.

One question: Could this system be modified for use with a curious structure instead of a cotton candy tube?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Breaching the structure makes the Clowns rush up through the hole, I THINK (never found one myself),  So I don't see why not.  Just remember;  Magma first, then water.  otherwise the water will just flow down the stairs.  And close off the magma before pouring the water or it'll create a wall and you'll only hit half the board.

Melissia

• Bay Watcher
  • Confused noob having lots of fun!
    • View Profile

Hm.

On that note, when I colonize the hell, I definitely need to go and get some water down there so I can start a hell-farm.

Sladeshrooms and hellberry wine!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 05:34:49 am by Melissia »
"If a job is worth doing, it's worth dying for."
-- Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My masons are progressing well.  I've gotten almost half of the west wall blocked.  Still got to do the upper-most z-level and extend it north once the rat monsters lurking there decide to leave.  Might get them started on the south wall in the mean time.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

Have you considred making a pool of water in hell, opening it to the sky above and waiting for winter to freeze it?

Then you can say hell froze over.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have you considred making a pool of water in hell, opening it to the sky above and waiting for winter to freeze it?

Then you can say hell froze over.

Genius thinking, but it doesn't freeze in winter at Swordthunders.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 81