Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 393363 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Actually, with enough Z space, you can fit one windmill into every single tile.  The blade tiles can overlap with neighboring center tiles without stopping them.  IE, you can "stairstep" windmills and they'll all function, even with heavy overlap.  Creative architecture and a horrid maze of axles can get you some massive power output.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile

Actually, with enough Z space, you can fit one windmill into every single tile.  The blade tiles can overlap with neighboring center tiles without stopping them.  IE, you can "stairstep" windmills and they'll all function, even with heavy overlap.  Creative architecture and a horrid maze of axles can get you some massive power output.

And force goblins to run through it, getting mangled by large spoked wheels.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Windmills are confirmed to do no damage.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That is rather depressing.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

I'm not at all surprised someone's taken the time to discover this

Oh, and my latest insult to the underworld has been made:

Spoiler:  Honey, anyone? (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 08:51:07 pm by ThatAussieGuy »

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

Now you just need tea, and then Hell will be fully submissive.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, the roulette of moods has landed on a 0 - A planter in the hospital is on his way to find someplace he can make something.  It'll take him a while though - he's paralyzed from the waist down (and was scheduled to have it fixed) and missing a hand.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All the best artifacts come from the heavily injured.

In this case expect an amazing earring.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uh-oh... he's sitting in the craftshop now muttering about stuff he needs that I definitely cant get him in time.  If he goes beserk and manages to actually kill someone, I'll be very surprised.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

Urist McPlanter cancels Heal Grievous Wounds: Taken by strange mood.

I think "In Hell" is the new "In Space" meme.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

You know I'm not sure if that would be considered an insult or not. I mean after all Everything's Worse with Bees. (Don't click the link, you'll never escape!! :P)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think you'll all be happy to know that at the moment there are roughly 45 ghosts infesting the fortress and a large majority of them are lurking around Hell.  Hell really IS other dwarves, I guess *rimshot*

Anyone got any ideas on how else I can insult Hell aside from flooring it over and living in it/filling it with magma?  Before anyone says "fill it with water", I plan to fill in a few of the deeper spots to give the dwarves a lake or two once the flooring is done.  It's going to be pleasant lakeside country by the time I'm done with Hell...

You know I'm not sure if that would be considered an insult or not. I mean after all Everything's Worse with Bees. (Don't click the link, you'll never escape!! :P)

Oh, don't worry.  my dwarfyness has already apparently extended to TVTropes.  Also; whoever did that should probably update it for the latest insults to the underworld.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 10:41:31 pm by ThatAussieGuy »

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think you'll all be happy to know that at the moment there are roughly 45 ghosts infesting the fortress and a large majority of them are lurking around Hell.  Hell really IS other dwarves, I guess *rimshot*

Anyone got any ideas on how else I can insult Hell aside from flooring it over and living in it/filling it with magma?  Before anyone says "fill it with water", I plan to fill in a few of the deeper spots to give the dwarves a lake or two once the flooring is done.  It's going to be pleasant lakeside country by the time I'm done with Hell...

Oh, don't worry.  my dwarfyness has already apparently extended to TVTropes.  Also; whoever did that should probably update it for the latest insults to the underworld.

Turn it into a golf course!

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile

Uh-oh... he's sitting in the craftshop now muttering about stuff he needs that I definitely cant get him in time.  If he goes beserk and manages to actually kill someone, I'll be very surprised.
Have it dumped next to him, if he can't walk to go get it.
Soaplent green is goblins!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn it into a golf course!

Alright.

The bridge will raise to the north and be activated by that lever.  What do you think it'd take to get a gabbro boulder into that Glowing Pit?  Par 4?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

edit:  That planter went insane.  He's crawling around babbling now and making his way down into Hell.  I've got five dorfbucks that says he crawls into a Glowing Pit.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 11:08:40 pm by ThatAussieGuy »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 81