Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 393328 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

I was looking through the engravings that have been done so far in Hell and I think this sums up my entire adventure in claiming Hell

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's Ok by me!
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's Ok by me!

That was a terrible, terrible, obvious joke.  You're bad and you should feel bad.  If your dwarf wasn't still alive and engraving floors in Hell, I'd dwarf you again for that.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

That's Ok by me!

That was a terrible, terrible, obvious joke.  You're bad and you should feel bad.  If your dwarf wasn't still alive and engraving floors in Hell, I'd dwarf you again for that.

I dunno, engraving floors in Hell really doesn't seem like a punishment to me. Personally, I would be ecstatic about engraving floors in Hell. I bet my dwarf (if she's still alive) would, too.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's Ok by me!

I dunno, engraving floors in Hell really doesn't seem like a punishment to me. Personally, I would be ecstatic about engraving floors in Hell. I bet my dwarf (if she's still alive) would, too.

Mego II's still alive.  She's asleep at the moment, but she'll be back on floor detailing duty when she wakes up. 

And I'm still waiting for a dwarf to pull the damn bridge lever to reset it so I can try loading it with a gabbro rock.  Or at least try pasturing a kitten on it.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 09:04:13 pm by ThatAussieGuy »

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mood updates on the named dorfs, possibly?

Also, sigging this:

Hell is now a middle class dwarf holiday resort of mead drinking golfers with nothing better to do than chuck boulders into the nether. Kudos.
Hey! That's LUXURY resort, thank you very much!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 10:06:59 pm by Mego »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mood updates on the named dorfs, possibly?

Also, sigging this:

Hell is now a middle class dwarf holiday resort of mead drinking golfers with nothing better to do than chuck boulders into the nether. Kudos.
Hey! That's LUXURY resort, thank you very much!

I'm just going out for a bit, but I'll do an update on the named dwarves when I get back. I'm also honored to be sigged for the second time.

I'd also like to note that I'm having wood piles prepared so I can make lakeside villas for my dwarves - gabbro outsides with pleasant wooden interiors

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How long until magma time?

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile

Well, it's Dwarf Fortress. You can always find ways to exploit the game mechanics to do anything. I'm guessing you can use cave-ins and encasing stuff in obsidian to kill the demons without any bloodshed, but I don't find that particularly funny. No disrespecting the mad engineering feats I've seen, but I love the gorefest.
By the way, I had a legendary engraver that was activated while fleeing from a demon, he turned around and immediately ripped it apart with his bare hands. The battle was two lines long. It was one of the most awesome things I've seen. Then he ducked into magma.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile

Well....this is awkward :P

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well....this is awkward :P

IMPOSTER!  SLAY HIM WITH MAGMA!

Alright, if your name isn't on the list and you know you were dwarfed, you're in a stone box and not helping build my pleasant little sea-side town in Hell.

Organum
Kogut
Keldane
Khearn
Vehudur
GirlinHat
Mego II.

Anyone else is dead and (probably) buried.

edit:  Swordthunders is now a barony!  The recommended baron(ess) is the resident badass: Doren Domainhall, the Amazing Mountain of Roughness
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 04:38:04 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

Organum
Kogut
Keldane
Khearn
Vehudur
GirlinHat
Mego II

CRAP! That's twice that I have died!

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Organum
Kogut
Keldane
Khearn
Vehudur
GirlinHat
Mego II

CRAP! That's twice that I have died!

Cant remember how you died, but it was something that stood out at the time.  Failed Mood, I think.

Also, does accepting becoming a Barony affect the number of migrants you get (towards the positive, hopefully)?  I'm down to 36 dwarves and they don't seem to understand I want to trade with the caravans NOW

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

If you do become a barony, make sure Oliolli III will become the baron (or baroness, as it may be), as you have gotten me killed twice, you owe me a third!

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you do become a barony, make sure Oliolli III will become the baron (or baroness, as it may be), as you have gotten me killed twice, you owe me a third!

Nope. Doren, the most badass dwarf in the fort, is the baroness.  You're welcome to try and take the title off her, if you dare.

Oh, GirlinHat?  Your dwarf was just taken by a fey mood. Looks like she's going for stuff from the storage warehouse though.

Congratulations, your dwarf is the first in a fair while that didn't go beserk, depressed or running around babbling

« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 08:08:00 am by ThatAussieGuy »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 81