Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 399328 times)

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile

And down there you'll find my dwarven avatar sitting on an adamantine throne, eating strawberries and asking "what kept you?"

And my little Kobold adventurer will make off with one all of your ☼«☼adamantine socks☼»☼!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Well this should be fun;

Eric Blank's been taken by a fey mood, a goblin siege has turned up on my doorstep, and I have a pasture with quite a few animals around a pond outside. 

The Swift Tombs are on their way up from the Pit House in Hell, but I don't think they'll make it in time to save those animals.  I'm curious to see if the pair of female Gorillas will stand a chance at all though.  Before anyone asks why I have a pair of tame gorillas, let's just say not all traders make it back safely.  Especially when I don't want them running out into a goblin siege.

Oh, Girlinhat appears to have died at some point.  I'm only aware of it now as her ghost just toppled a coffin in a fit of anger.  I have no idea where her corpse is or what killed her.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 10:40:35 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm guessing, since no conclusion to the contrary was ever stated, that my mood ended in unremarkable failure?
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

FUCKIN COFFINS!  Why don't I have one?  WHY?!  *smash harmless coffin that someone else is calmly enjoying*

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

FUCKIN COFFINS!  Why don't I have one?  WHY?!  *smash harmless coffin that someone else is calmly enjoying*

You want a door?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile

You want a door?
I think she wants a -<<phallus>>-

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm guessing, since no conclusion to the contrary was ever stated, that my mood ended in unremarkable failure?

Wasn't yours the one that ended with Doren taking your head off with her axe?

Oh, and I found GirlinHat's... skeleton and worked out what killed her...

I did. 

I gave the order to wall in a bit of the old Checkerboard as it had leaked magma once (no real tragedy, just a mess) and it seems she walled herself on the checkerboard side...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I did. 

I gave the order to wall in a bit of the old Checkerboard as it had leaked magma once (no real tragedy, just a mess) and it seems she walled herself on the checkerboard side...

._.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile

I did. 

She wanted to play checkers.

FOREVERRRRR

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What can I say except

Spoiler:  Ooops (click to show/hide)

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope. I was the one who went secretive, then stood around yelling for gems. You suggested that it might be possible for me to complete my mood if you just cut a couple for me, and then everyone started talking about doors.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope. I was the one who went secretive, then stood around yelling for gems. You suggested that it might be possible for me to complete my mood if you just cut a couple for me, and then everyone started talking about doors.

Whoops, sorry!  Yeah, you're dead.  I think you went melancholic, from memory.

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whoops, sorry!  Yeah, you're dead.  I think you went melancholic, from memory.

Aww. Did I at least leap to my doom down one of the not-yet-sealed glowing pits?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Well, that's not the most preferred way I would have liked to have gone, but it's a rather dwarfy way.  Just to confirm, was I magmatized or just left to rot?

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He found your skeleton, so you were left to rot. Life sucks in this fort sometimes. I'm sure it's just a matter of time till we all buy it. It seems that ThatAussieGuy can conquer hell, but can't handle simple things like moods or designating constructions without killing off his subjects.

He's had so many caravans slaughtered, how can he not have enough crap lying around to satisfy any mood?
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 81