Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 400583 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Urist McSoldier wakes up on the battlefield as a beautiful dwarven maiden picks him up and starts carrying him away. "Ach, Ye must be a Valkyrie taking me to Valhalla!". "No," she replies, "I'm taking you to Hell."

On the bright side for that dwarf, at least hes got a good one liner in right at the start and she should actualy remember to feed him and bring him drink.

If it's Doren picking up the injured dwarf, she'd probably cleave his head in instead.

At least she fixed the rot....

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile

Urist McSoldier wakes up on the battlefield as a beautiful dwarven maiden picks him up and starts carrying him away. "Ach, Ye must be a Valkyrie taking me to Valhalla!". "No," she replies, "I'm taking you to Hell."

On the bright side for that dwarf, at least hes got a good one liner in right at the start and she should actualy remember to feed him and bring him drink.

If it's Doren picking up the injured dwarf, she'd probably cleave his head in instead.

At least she fixed the rot....
Amputation of the brain: The quickest solution to tumors.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Step 2;

Place in dwarven wine barrel.

You've just created the first dwarf head in a barrel, and the thing is, it probably would work, the dwarf would just need refilling of his booze barrel every now and then, maybe a few plump helmets added in the mix.....

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Aussie, what is your FPS?

Averaging just shy of 20, but it's down to 15 due to the water in the beach still settling a bit.

You should move your trade depot down there, let the merchants know they're getting a hell of a deal.

I actually need it where it is (right next to a colossal storage cave just under the surface) because I have so few dwarves, but If I had a proper fortress population, I would

You should make a hospitalin hell as well.

"Oh, they're gonna have to glue you back together... IN HELL!"

This is something I WILL do for the sake of keeping all the dwarves close together.  The hospital's all the way up in the fortress right now.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Any further mysterious vanishings?

And it's good to see that at least I survived the dreaded Artifact Trial and solidified my dwarfdom. And even got a room! Best overseer EVER. I just got 4/7 5/7 of my starting 7 cobalds killed in my latest fort, and haven't even set up a masons shop outside the little hovel for the two survivors, so the other ~20 cobalds are living in a dank pit.
Also, I lol'd heartily to hear of GIH's demise and coffin-stomping riot. The general comedy of this thread is immense.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

The whole thread is founded on the basis of conquering one of the most dangerous forms of !!FUN!! with a dwarven board game.

What did you expect? :D

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any further mysterious vanishings?

Still a nice stable 19 dwarves.

Oh, I also have most of the first 'R' done in SWORDTHUNDERS now.  Just waiting on the dwarves to make more adamantine wafers.

edit:

Here's a picture of what'll be the nice lakeside town in the south-west area

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 09:34:11 pm by ThatAussieGuy »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

It's a good thing you didn't call it the AssaultAssaulted the ancient dwellings of seasonalanvils :P

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

Is there a possibility that the lack of migrants is due to opening Hell? Since opening Hell is supposed to be endgame, perhaps the game stopped worrying about sending migrants, because you were supposed to die quickly.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Well he did receive the "The fortress attracted no migrants this season" message recently, which strongly implies that the migration function is still active. I think it's just a matter of having not exported anything in a while/caravans not even leaving the map alive.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well he did receive the "The fortress attracted no migrants this season" message recently, which strongly implies that the migration function is still active. I think it's just a matter of having not exported anything in a while/caravans not even leaving the map alive.

No, I saw the dwarven caravan safely to the map edge the last time it arrived.  That's supposedly tied to getting migrants (they see your created wealth and go "holy armok, that place was loaded!" when they get home.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

More like, "Holy Armok, they conquered, embarrassed, and colonized Hell!"

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

More like, "Holy Armok, they conquered, embarrassed, and colonized Hell!"

More like, "Holy Armok, dead people everywhere! A ghost stole my cat!

Oooo are those straberries? :3"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Just noticed my Title as a dwarf  :D

Am I wearing a red shirt? You know, to show off that I've been in Hell? (And if I ever get wounded you won't see the blood?)

If you can, could you upload the map so we could all see it?

~~~

44 ghosts...Are they roaming in the fort or down in the depths?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

You... You want to wear a red shirt?

Been nice knowing you.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 81