Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 398918 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Well, one minor bit of good news - I'm slowly getting through the backlog of Diplomats waiting to speak to Doren. We're down to... *checks* four waiting to see her.  Better than it was - I just sorted three of them, so that makes a total of seven.

edit:

I've done something that may live on in infamy.  It didn't start out that way, and I didn't realise the horror of what I'd actually created until it was partly finished.  I may never forgive myself for this...

« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 10:25:42 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I can imagine a bunch of diplomats queuing in front of a dwarf covered in blood and trophies...

Doren: WHO'S NEXT D:<

Diplomat: About your situation...

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can imagine a bunch of diplomats queuing in front of a dwarf covered in blood and trophies...

Doren: WHO'S NEXT D:<

Diplomat: About your situation...
Her office is on the floor above the Habitation Level.  You've SEEN what they have to go through to get to it.  Feral animals, ghosts and the skeletons of a dozen goblins and trolls that have been dead for at least a decade, and at the end of it all is a dwarf in full adamantine armor with at least three weapons, all of which she's named and probably have at least 100 kills apiece.  I'm surprised they manage to enter her office without dropping dead in fear.

edit:  I was wrong - three weapons and a shield.  Attempting to scroll down her inventory crashes the game.  If I'm right, (as all the inventory she should have is accounted for on the first page), She's covered in so much blood, gore and ooze it brings the world to a screaming halt at the mere thought of it.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 10:39:45 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Wut about her one armed friend shen? :P

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile

does that mean if she walks through a puddle and gets clean, that if you look at said puddle itll crash the world?
mind, least then you could hack clean it and up your fps.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Frying Doby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just read through the thread and I have to say: "WOW" and "Is there still a nameless dwarf for me in that lovely strawberry-paradise?"

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just read through the thread and I have to say: "WOW" and "Is there still a nameless dwarf for me in that lovely strawberry-paradise?"

Yup.  You're now the fortress' frycook

Spoiler:  Doby, Fry Cook (click to show/hide)

For the record; there's three unnamed dwarves remaining in the fortress

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Down to dealing with the last Liason now.  Semi-hoping this might be what's keeping migrants from spawning. 

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Seven years liaison buildup -> seven years bad luck with the ladiesmigrants! :P

How many lodgings have been completed so far?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seven years liaison buildup -> seven years bad luck with the ladiesmigrants! :P

How many lodgings have been completed so far?

Ten, so far.  The dwarves are current flooring over a Glowing Pit and they're about half-done with it.  After that Pit's floored over, I'll get them building more Hellvillas.

Oh, and the last liason left.  Fingers crossed...  ::)

edit:  A bit of minor good news for the fortress - I've finally gotten around to having a memorial slab engraved for the one bastard ghost that keeps making my dwarfs throw tantrums.  Just waiting on someone to place it in the graveyard now.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 01:44:20 am by ThatAussieGuy »

sniken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Read every post in this thread now, and there is so much legendary work I don't know where to start.

Hold your dwarven head low and proud aussie!

Testing out the checkers game now, first try they ran of through the pump stack. walled off and the two last game pieces are placing them self on the game board now :)

Any unnamed dwarfs doing slave work armoks will to make hell a cozy place?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Read every post in this thread now, and there is so much legendary work I don't know where to start.

Hold your dwarven head low and proud aussie!

Testing out the checkers game now, first try they ran of through the pump stack. walled off and the two last game pieces are placing them self on the game board now :)

Any unnamed dwarfs doing slave work armoks will to make hell a cozy place?

You read ALL of them? You sir, are worthy of Obtaining a Hell strawberry.

Elmach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dorf me please!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Dorf me please!

Have you read ALLLLL of the pages? :3

Elmach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dorf me please!

Have you read ALLLLL of the pages? :3

I've read pages 1-55, and about a quarter of page 56. I'm having trouble from there on; the posts just aren't appearing!

So much epic is in this thread, I can't think of any suggestions.

EDIT: Actually, I read about all of page 56. It's so hard to tell how much of a page you've read when the posts don't render!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 06:23:02 am by Elmach »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 81