Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 400003 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I don't think there's much you can do with hell now....

Wait Aussie, is this in a cold/temperate/freezing biome? *Ice in hell :D

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile

There had better be an esky and and a barbie in the picnic area or the yobs will revolt!

Darkening Kaos, CIS, LUD.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Read every post in this thread now, and there is so much legendary work I don't know where to start.

Hold your dwarven head low and proud aussie!

Testing out the checkers game now, first try they ran of through the pump stack. walled off and the two last game pieces are placing them self on the game board now :)

Any unnamed dwarfs doing slave work armoks will to make hell a cozy place?

First off; welcome to the thread.

Second; welcome to the Masonic Order of Cavern-Sealers.

Spoiler:  Sniken (click to show/hide)

Now, no sign of any migrants, sadly.  I'm gonna upload the current save,  If anyone could have a poke around and see if they can find a cause with DFHack or any other tool, I'd appreciate it.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5125

Nope, Temperate.  Nothing freezes in Winter at Swordthunders.  My current plan is to finish flooring over Hell and building enough Hellvillas for everyone.  Then I'm going to split the save so I can flood the whole goddamn place with magma
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 06:36:25 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

Spoiler:  Sniken (click to show/hide)

Huh? There are still men in Swordthunders? How..? When..? From where..?

I actually suggested that some time ago.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

I just realized that something is terribly wrong here. Swordthunders is mostly women. They have conquered Hell. Shouldn't male migrants be bumrushing the place?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile

I just realized that something is terribly wrong here. Swordthunders is mostly women. They have conquered Hell. Shouldn't male migrants be bumrushing the place?
:P

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

WAAATCH IIITT

*Kicks Mego and Necro*

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh you, Necro.

Frelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it's Fun and Dwarf Fortress.
My trade depot is set to flood with water at the pull of a lever.  It's deep in the tunnels with easy drainage.  I call it my "water for goods" trading policy.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

I don't think I'd be bumrushing any woman that took part in the conquest of hell.
Now, Rumrushing may not end too badly, as long as the rum you bring is good compared to what they have.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Frying Doby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for dorfing me as the lead-loving Fry-cook with Paint in her name.

If those other guys knew what they´re eating. :D

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So what's the verdict with the savegame?  Anyone managed to have a poke at it and see if anything's bugged?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been a bit too busy today to play any DF. I'll check on it as soon as I have time.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

I haven't looked yet, but since ive got it downloaded I don't have much excuse not to. I'll check it out now.

Well, I dunno what could possibly be keeping migrants away other then possibly the OVER TWO THOUSAND CORPSES LITTERING THE HALLS AND THE SURFACE, plus the 2300 body parts. Or possibly the multitude of ghosts floating around.

Maybe it's all the cats. Or the rabbits. Or cavies... You know what breeds like rabbits? Cats, cavies and rabbits. No wonder my brand new CPU gets 13-17 FPS on this save!

And what's with the enormous 7 z-level cistern? I want to pull all the levers until I find out which one operates those floodgates :P
Wait... Think I found it. "The Final Resort?" No, that says it operates the two on the right... Oh god I just flooded the entire fortress and trapped Doren in that control room. I suppose it was obvious she'd be the one to kill them all, but she could have let Shem in! He was right outside the door! Well, he did make it to that little room at the very top of the staircase alive.
Wait... Now how will I find out what all those other levers do!?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wow that's a nice waterfall... of stray animals falling and exploding!

I don't really see anything specific that could be preventing migrants. You can try exporting as much crap as the caravans can haul though. And clean up the clutter. Perhaps the game doesn't like having to deal with so much clutter...
There really aren't any direct diagnostic tools for these situations, sadly. DFhack, DFusion... They're really just meant to change the game, not give you information. And DFusion is mostly malfunctional anyway.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 09:46:08 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I haven't looked yet, but since ive got it downloaded I don't have much excuse not to. I'll check it out now.

Well, I dunno what could possibly be keeping migrants away other then possibly the OVER TWO THOUSAND CORPSES LITTERING THE HALLS AND THE SURFACE, plus the 2300 body parts. Or possibly the multitude of ghosts floating around.

Maybe it's all the cats. Or the rabbits. Or cavies... You know what breeds like rabbits? Cats, cavies and rabbits. No wonder my brand new CPU gets 13-17 FPS on this save!

And what's with the enormous 7 z-level cistern? I want to pull all the levers until I find out which one operates those floodgates :P
Wait... Think I found it. "The Final Resort?" No, that says it operates the two on the right... Oh god I just flooded the entire fortress and trapped Doren in that control room. I suppose it was obvious she'd be the one to kill them all, but she could have let Shem in! He was right outside the door! Well, he did make it to that little room at the very top of the staircase alive.
Wait... Now how will I find out what all those other levers do!?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wow that's a nice waterfall... of stray animals falling and exploding!

I don't really see anything specific that could be preventing migrants. You can try exporting as much crap as the caravans can haul though. And clean up the clutter. Perhaps the game doesn't like having to deal with so much clutter...
There really aren't any direct diagnostic tools for these situations, sadly. DFhack, DFusion... They're really just meant to change the game, not give you information. And DFusion is mostly malfunctional anyway.

Someone found the Suicide Lever... What caused the stray animals to fall and explode though?
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 81