Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 394193 times)

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile

If you're going to help people die, you might as well have !FUN! and do it in the most messed up and malicious ways possible. It's only fair for both parties.
Oh god. The DF omniverse is just one giant S&M club. I'm to go back to my magma cocoon now.
Except in DF 'S&M' is short for for Spikes, Demon, Magma.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile

If you're going to help people die, you might as well have !FUN! and do it in the most messed up and malicious ways possible. It's only fair for both parties.
Oh god. The DF omniverse is just one giant S&M club. I'm to go back to my magma cocoon now.
Except in DF 'S&M' is short for for Spikes, Demon, Magma.
*magma cocoon opens Alien style*
MAGMA? MAGMAAAAAAA?!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

Or you could add in the bone brick reaction from Battlefailed/Failcannon, and have your masons on repeat make bone bricks. Have an above-ground fortress made out of bones, and a fortress in Hell made out of wood.

Tempting, but I don't want my meager 19 dwarves going anywhere above ground where they might get hurt.  Oh, and what happened with your own examination of Swordthunders, Mego?

I've been busy. I sent off my college application today, so some of the stress is off now.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Oh dear.  A full-blown siege has turned up on my doorstep and Doren's the only one able to fight (Shen's asleep down in the Pit House).  She just hacked a troll into so many pieces with her axe that while watching it, it looked like it exploded (pieces flew off in every direction)

edit:  The siege is VERY dead.  And Doren's now at 443 Notable Kills, for anyone wondering
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 10:34:32 pm by ThatAussieGuy »

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is VERY dead a quantifiable amount? If so, what is the exact measurement?

This calls for !!Science!!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is VERY dead a quantifiable amount? If so, what is the exact measurement?

This calls for !!Science!!

Dead is getting punched in the brain through the skull.  VERY dead is when Doren hacks a troll apart so fast that pieces go flying off in every direction almost simultaneously to the point that it looks like they exploded.  It can also be defined by a single dwarf wielding three weapons and reducing a full goblin/troll siege of about 30-odd units (including a full squad of marksgoblins) to pieces.  Lots and lots of pieces that cannot possibly be anything except dead.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile

Lots and lots of pieces that cannot possibly be anything except dead.
Until the next update.  :D

Muttonhawk

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord-High everything else
    • View Profile

It can also be defined by a single dwarf wielding three weapons and reducing a full goblin/troll siege of about 30-odd units (including a full squad of marksgoblins) to pieces.

So... said dwarf is carrying an extra weapon in the mouth, pirate style? How's its biting skill?
How sad, imagine what they would've come up with... Booze proppelled rocket bayonets
Quote from: Dylan Moran
You know what you are? You're a beard with an idiot hanging off it.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It can also be defined by a single dwarf wielding three weapons and reducing a full goblin/troll siege of about 30-odd units (including a full squad of marksgoblins) to pieces.

So... said dwarf is carrying an extra weapon in the mouth, pirate style? How's its biting skill?

Her biting skill is Accomplished, actually.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile

Not mouth wielding, because she can also bite enemies.
By the sound of her results, it is more like this:

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not mouth wielding, because she can also bite enemies.
By the sound of her results, it is more like this:

That's just silly - I reckon she wields it with a prehensile beard

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile

Have you read the experiments that were done with modded prehensile beards?
The dorfs would wield things with their beards and wear gauntlets on them, but the change also worked against them as many dorfs would bleed out after blows to the beard.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The dorfs would wield things with their beards and wear gauntlets on them, but the change also worked against them as many dorfs would bleed out after blows to the beard.

This sounds realistic enough to me.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

Then what about goblin-saved dwarves who shave?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Another siege turned up - this one was ever so slightly more humiliating as it was Shen (the one-armed axelord) who dealt with it solo.  That pit's almost done now, and the SWORDTHUNDERS sign is up to the second 'D'.  I think I'm going to turn off invasions as it's just silly at this point, and I want to go get some surface wood without fearing for the nineteen dwarves getting locked outside during an ambush when Doren or Shen are nowhere nearby to help.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 81