Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 399096 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

And then, do this again, but in a freezing climate. Aquifer for the checkerboard water.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Could I get a biiiig favour from anyone artistically inclined (or at least in possession of photoshop or something similar)? Could someone get the final frame of the 'FUN' comic from the magma wiki and add a fiery hellish background to it?  I think it would sum up this thread rather nicely

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

I may attempt this. It's all fun and games until dwarves take over your parcel of hell and steal all the fun for themselves. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I may attempt this. It's all fun and games until dwarves take over your parcel of hell and steal all the fun for themselves. :P

Then it's utterly dwarven in it's madness!

Nothing interesting happening - yet.  I've got the dwarves smoothing/engraving the lakeside and waiting for them to finish flooring over the current glowing pit so they're free to start building the channel that will carry water to the lake...

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ladies and Gentledwarves; I give you...

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

Next the wooden base.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Here's the image you asked for. Hope it's to your liking.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile

BOXES OF FUN!
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

sniken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You sir just won one small piece of the internet, it is so beautiful, yet so wrong. i cringe when i see how you spread the precious candy on the floors of hell.
Remember, for every adamantine armor and sword you make, you save noble and urist lifes

how about adding crude and dwarven style "take that clowns!!11!!one!one" under that?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

OH DEAR GOODNESS IT'S HORRIFIC

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You took the time to make the Fun Boxes and throne an adamantine blue.  It's even better than I could've hoped for, thank you very much

I just disabled invaders (let's face it anyway; they're only a nuisance and something for Doren or Shen to have fun with at this point), so in a few seasons when I'm sure goblins aren't going to visit, I'll get some woodcutting going.

how about adding crude and dwarven style "take that clowns!!11!!one!one" under that?

I have plenty of adamantine (something like five spires of the stuff, and I don't think I've used what I've taken from the three spires I've excavated so far), so I may just do this for one final insult before the magma
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 08:22:33 pm by ThatAussieGuy »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was doing some work on the quarry level and noticed this

I think that's... a quarter?  a third of it all?  Close to half?  And you all said it was overkill...

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

I think that's... a quarter?  a third of it all?  Close to half?  And you all said it was overkill...
HEY LOOK! THERE'S A FACE IN THAT PICTURE! :P
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

I WARNED YOU ABOUT THE HFS BRO
I TOLD YOU DOG

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

I WARNED YOU ABOUT THE HFS BRO
I TOLD YOU DOG
...What?
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 81