Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 400288 times)

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile

sounds grand, shame i died before the end :/ hope you get more migrants since you turned seiges off x)
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

sounds grand, shame i died before the end :/ hope you get more migrants since you turned seiges off x)

There haven't been any migrants to Swordthunders in about... 30-40 years now, I think.

Nothing interesting happening at the moment.  All just stuff-in-progress.  Oh, there was one small thing; Loud Whispers II got stung by a hell-raised honeybee.  She's fine though.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Suggestion, let my dwarf do the helpful, low priority work (hauling, healthcare...). I do not want to lose my title as "Possibly Doomed"

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

There haven't been any migrants to Swordthunders in about... 30-40 years now, I think.

Nothing interesting happening at the moment.  All just stuff-in-progress.  Oh, there was one small thing; Loud Whispers II got stung by a hell-raised honeybee.  She's fine though.

I like to imagine Loud Whispers II drawing a £: face in the ground of hell with the bee's juicy guts :P

Well, the dwarves are uncaring bastards.  RIP Grath and Karakzon.  Both died unconcious in hospital of either starvation or dehydration.

I think a death in their sleep was a far greater mercy than a frail and broken life in hell :[

I add the hell part because you've made it such a nice place, and the shock of recovering in luxury conditions could destroy their very personalities...

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well you're not entirely gone...

Oh and it looks like Tiruin's become a master engraver - he's stamping out masterwork engravings left and right by the dozen.  Also, due to poor planning on my part, Eric Blank's corner-of-the-wall coffin is underwater.  Whoops
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 10:17:52 pm by ThatAussieGuy »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, NOW I've definitely made the worst insult to Hell any of us could ever possibly make

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ze Insult is the wood stockpile.
It should burn up :>

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

You need an adamantine fist with its middle finger extended.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

And once you're ready there, you should deconstruct the walls and seal hell off again. It'll be like nothing happened.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

I'd love to think the "Doby Logematol has created a masterpiece" means half of the whole screen.

Epic, cotton candy lined with wood  :)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ladies and Gentledwarves...

Hell is now safe

I'll give a save in a moment for you guys to tinker with, but it won't be the 'final' one before !!Fun!!.  Still got to finish off the wooden border around the SWORDTHUNDERS sign and one or two other minor things

have a savegame to toy with!

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5161
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 06:38:41 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Aussie, I hope you know we're just going to use the save to release more demons xD

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aussie, I hope you know we're just going to use the save to release more demons xD

This is why we can't have nice things.  I turn the feared Underworld into a pleasant seaside community and you all just break down the walls to let the demons back in.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

You misspelled Bay12ers.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Soon... everything will be ready...
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 81