Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 394277 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

And the difference is?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

And the difference is?

Would you rather I put you in the marksdwarf squad that's having trouble not shooting themselves in their own feet any time they use a crossbow?  And has had less than stellar performance (and survivability) in combat against goblins, let alone demons?  Toiling away on the Walls sounds a little better now, doesn't it?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Dibs on Axe + Captain of the Guard.

If I'm the captain or if I'm receiving the axe... well, I'm not picky.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Captain of the Guard has been dead for some time.  I'd replace them, but all they seem to do is cripple the dwarves I actually need.

You got dwarfed when i did everyone else yesterday.  You're all on the wall as slave labour.  Though I am considering putting you all into a single militia squad just to see if you guys will survive or be slaughtered by goblins on the front doorstep amongst the literal dozens of goblin and troll skeletons.

When i form you all into a militia squad at a later date, (ie; when there's more migrants to stick on the wall as labour) you can be the psychotic axe-wielding militia captain.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SLAVE LABOR!
SCORE~

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

Would you rather I put you in the marksdwarf squad that's having trouble not shooting themselves in their own feet any time they use a crossbow?  And has had less than stellar performance (and survivability) in combat against goblins, let alone demons?  Toiling away on the Walls sounds a little better now, doesn't it?

Actually shooting myself in the foot with a crossbow would be a more realistic interpretation of me as a dwarf. Great designs, terrible execution.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Or you could give the axe to the Captain of the Guard, and girlinhat could receive it from him. She's not picky.

Ouch!

;)
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

I think Aussie should make a militia squad composed entirely of Necro910 and Girlinhat. Nothing could stop all that awesome!

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Except it's not actually ME there.  It's just a dwarf wearing a costume.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile

I think Aussie should make a militia squad composed entirely of Necro910 and Girlinhat. Nothing could stop all that awesome!
Woo! Axelords unite!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Damn dorf fortress, you scary.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The east wall is now about half-finished.  All your dwarves are still alive and toiling away, too.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile

My beard hurts from hauling all of this congealed evil.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The first three levels of the East Wall are done.  The dwarves are now building the gantries for the fourth and fifth levels.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile

post to watch
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 81