Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 394116 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

The sig limit is there for your protection.

Now let's see, what else can be done here?  We've already got hell itself neutralized, and strawberries growing on muddy slade.  I think the next logical step is underwater demon arena fights!  Start training dwarves in swimming, it's time to make a pool in hell, fill it with demons, and see how well they fight underwater.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile

Now let's see, what else can be done here?  We've already got hell itself neutralized, and strawberries growing on muddy slade.  I think the next logical step is underwater demon arena fights!  Start training dwarves in swimming, it's time to make a pool in hell, fill it with demons, and see how well they fight underwater.
How about a magma fall over an eerie pit, and have fortifications surrounding it. Then have a constant hail of ballista bolts firing through it!

Clowntucky Flayed Mittens anyone?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Protection isn't fun :(

Also, how about turning hell into a water slide? :D :D :D
People queue up on top, bridge drops them, and they're pushed down by a current from flowing water into a nice pool.... Or a massive drop.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A Forgotten Beast somehow got into the fortress through one of the cavern breaches.  Doren took it on herself and cut it to pieces.  It said to beware it's blood, but nothing bad's happened yet.

Sir! Mason khearn reporting! Sir, I'd like to volunteer to join a militia squad. um, the militia uniform does include boots, doesn't it?
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile

A Forgotten Beast somehow got into the fortress through one of the cavern breaches.  Doren took it on herself and cut it to pieces.  It said to beware it's blood, but nothing bad's happened yet.

Sir! Mason khearn reporting! Sir, I'd like to volunteer to join a militia squad. um, the militia uniform does include boots, doesn't it?

Boots? Them's good eatin'.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mud pits! I want bikini demon mud wrasslin'! With strawberries and whipped cream!
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile

Mud pits! I want bikini demon mud wrasslin'! With strawberries and whipped cream!
I just pictured a giant flying blob of steam engulfing strawberries in a mudpit  :P

deknegt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After checking this entire thread i can only say one thing to you Aussie...

Flying Vagina's, you have become my god!

Hell has been properly, pwned, tea-bagged and trolled.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile

Now you need to build a max-z-level tower above the sunlight shaft, for the ultimate falling experience.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Now you need to build a max-z-level tower above the sunlight shaft, for the ultimate falling experience.

And play requiem for a dream + the loudest dubstep you can find for a truly crap experience.

+falling kittens

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

No no no, mud wrangling (ucwatididthar) would be too enjoyable for the clowns. He has made Hell his bitch, so now he needs to torture it proper. Two words:

Waterfall mist.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

No no no, mud wrangling (ucwatididthar) would be too enjoyable for the clowns. He has made Hell his bitch, so now he needs to torture it proper. Two words:

Waterfall mist.

Your ideas intrigue me and that one IS doable with a bit of channel-digging to get at the aquifer outlet I used to fill the checkerboard tank.

This one, I MIGHT do after flooring over the Glowing Pits.  That's going to take a fair while though.

Demons are but a memory now, which was part of the point of taking Hell for all Dwarfdom.  Must remember to close off the Oaktree Spawn Traps, too to properly banish them from Hell.

By the way, does anyone still doubt that I am the King of Dwarven Hell after all I've done?  I'm having an adamantine throne surrounded by statues placed over a Glowing Pit in the center of Hell as we speak.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 08:35:55 pm by ThatAussieGuy »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, remember that Forgotten Beast who's blood didn't do anything to Doren? Well, let's just say I'm glade she wears full Adamantine armor

A Farmer wandered onto it without shoes (or, surprisingly, any clothes)

For the record, she died of suffocation.

edit:

« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 09:30:25 pm by ThatAussieGuy »

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile

Congrats on finally sealing off hell. How many dwarves did you lose working on the walls in the end?

And what were those Red Devils made of? Organics are a pain, exploders are a pain, but are there any that combine both?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Congrats on finally sealing off hell. How many dwarves did you lose working on the walls in the end?

And what were those Red Devils made of? Organics are a pain, exploders are a pain, but are there any that combine both?

They're just a Body and Shell, I never looked closely.  The only thing that probably counts as both, or closes to it, are the Demons of Amber.  They have the full range of limbs, wings, etc, and a boiling dust attack.  Though, they do seem to kill themselves explosively 95% of the time.  By that I mean their limbs go sailing off in arcs for no real reason.  I suspect they're semi-vulnerable to their own Boiling Dust.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 81