Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 394111 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Just a small update

Also, "the carpenter Cog Lirkel has arrived".  Noble?

edit:  Whatever she is, a goblin siege spawned on two sides with her between them.  Hope she can run fast for the front door...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 05:26:43 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

"A short sturdy creature, fond of drink and industry. Beware it's comfortable beds!"

I think it says that ("the carpenter Cog Lirkel has arrived") when you get a migrant wave of a single dwarf.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile

"A short sturdy creature, fond of drink and industry. Beware it's comfortable beds!"

I think it says that ("the carpenter Cog Lirkel has arrived") when you get a migrant wave of a single dwarf.

Diplomat with a skill.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Diplomat with a skill.

Yeah, I saw that when i checked the units list.  For the record, he didn't get inside in time.

Also, I thought you'd all like to know that there's only two dwarves in The Swift Tombs now (and have been for some time).  Doren, you already know, and an Axe Lord named Shen Inktempted - the Ashen Labyrinth.  He has only one arm, but that arm's holding his named axe....

Oh and Doren's now up to 229 Named Kills  She also has a further 45 unnamed kills, most of which are demons.

Shen "only" has 84 named kills to his credit.

Oh, and I built a windmill in Hell - no wind current.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 08:23:54 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't windmills only work if there's absolutely nothing above them? Which, if I'm right, would mean you'd need an open 3x3 shaft all the way to daylight to get any wind down there.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't windmills only work if there's absolutely nothing above them? Which, if I'm right, would mean you'd need an open 3x3 shaft all the way to daylight to get any wind down there.

There's not a demon's chance in my Hell of that happening with any of the adamantine spires in Swordthunders.  I got VERY lucky with the strawberry farm spot as-is.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile

There's not a demon's chance in my Hell of that happening with any of the adamantine spires in Swordthunders.  I got VERY lucky with the strawberry farm spot as-is.

It adds character. Now you just need to change that farm to grow tulips, build some dykes and trade for clogs!
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile

It adds character. Now you just need to change that farm to grow tulips, build some dykes and trade for clogs!
We'll make millions off our first batch

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile

I'm glad other people know of possibly the best example of why human beings are innately as insane as this guy who won't stop mumbling to himself next to me in the library. Granted I'm used to regular internet people, not DF internet people. Seems to be a higher calibur around here.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm glad other people know of possibly the best example of why human beings are innately as insane as this guy who won't stop mumbling to himself next to me in the library. Granted I'm used to regular internet people, not DF internet people. Seems to be a higher calibur around here.

He's probably just possessed.  Keep an eye out and see what he crafts.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile

Hello, again.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Well played, Necro...

Also, windmills only require an above-ground tile in their center, the 8 "blade" tiles can be underground or inside, so long as the center is outside.

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well played, Necro...

Also, windmills only require an above-ground tile in their center, the 8 "blade" tiles can be underground or inside, so long as the center is outside.

Really? Great to know! Hmm... A megaproject idea is forming...
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Well played, Necro...

Really? Great to know! Hmm... A megaproject idea is forming...

Wind powered hell irrigation?

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was thinking paving the sky with a 3- or 4-Z high grid designed to achieve maximum windmill saturation on a 4x4 embark, then funneling all of that power into a single central axle to see how much it comes out to. I suppose that could turn into windmill-powered hell irrigation later on.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 81