Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 394211 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

The bottom level's now floored over.  The slaves masons are now smoothing over the slade floor and walls for engraving

If I wasn't already dead, I would be literally dying with joy.

One quick question though, once you've made your golf course, your magma river, water slide, residential area /w bees and hellberries, over vast amounts of engravings of dwarves utterly owning demons in hilarious ways in the center of hell, what a' ya gonna do?

It's bad enough that you had to ask what you would do after making Hell get on its knees. The fact that the plan was brought up earlier only makes things worse.

One word:

MAGMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
magma river
Your ignorance, it ANGERS ME D:<
Plus Aussie, you should make your dwarves all shower before they step in the dorf swimming pool... You know, to stop all of the gloop and blood clogging it up. Who wants algae in their subterranean hell hot tub?!! 

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Kogut, you didn't get what you wanted for a Mood, so you're currently running beserk through the fortress.  The Swift Tombs are on their way to hack your head open calm you down

edit:  Kogut's a lot calmer now.  He's also headless thanks to Doren's steel axe.  You should feel lucky, it's not often that she kills with that.  Usually she uses her adamantine pick or steel spear.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 04:35:34 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kogut, you didn't get what you wanted for a Mood, so you're currently running beserk through the fortress.  The Swift Tombs are on their way to hack your head open calm you down

edit:  Kogut's a lot calmer now.  He's also headless thanks to Doren's steel axe.  You should feel lucky, it's not often that she kills with that.  Usually she uses her adamantine pick or steel spear.

Wait, she's running around with all three?
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile

I think that failed moods are your main problem.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

That and the above ground massacres.

Something in the mist took Urist Lee....

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait, she's running around with all three?

Yup

Yup

That and the above ground massacres.

Something in the mist took Urist Lee....

That's much less of a problem now that the dwarves are too busy to go outside.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile

LOL, banana wins.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile

Yup
But what you need? Yarn/silk?
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yup
But what you need? Yarn/silk?

I'm not sure, but next time a trade caravan turns up, I'm going to buy a bit of everything from them to try and keep insanity down to regular Swordthunders levels.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

I control Hell itself, my fortress is siege-proof (as long as I remember to lock the hatches >.>) and my dwarves are all happy with engraved bedrooms, dining rooms and hallways.  My militia are psychotic killing machines with beards that don't so much laugh at demons as mock them.  And I have an 8z-level cistern full of water that I'm not sure what to do with anymore.  And I did say "v0.31.25".  I have no doubt the necromancers and were-creatures in the next update will kick my ass and bring my fortress to ruin in some !!Fun!! way that'll probably end with flooding.  Or start with it.
That one time you forget, and a goblin gets in, and your legendary party dorf gets slain,

THERE.

WILL.

BE.

FUN.

When you make a fort Fun-proof, the game will find some way to cram Fun down your throat. Maybe a failed mood ending up in a berserk dwarf, maybe a random tantrum due to
your legendary party dorf
dying after a failed mood. Maybe an error in engineering.

IT.
WILL.
HAPPEN.

It's finally happening! Fun is appoaching! BWAHAHAHA!

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not really.  The population's only suffering from attrition due to a severe lack of migrants.  Worst comes to worse, I have to reclaim Swordthunders.  !!Fun!! would require a sudden event that slaughters most or all of the population at once.

edit: Uh-oh, Mego II's just withdrawn from society.  Surprisingly, he's avoided the masonry workshops in the Pit House and seems to be heading back up into the fortress.  I'm guessing he's going for a Craftdwarf's Workshop.  Yup, he's claimed a craftdwarf's shop and he's going to fetch stuff

edit 2: Uh-oh.  He's sitting in the workshop wanting cloth, skeletons and cut gems.  The elf traders just left, but there's a siege outside.  I'm hoping for the caravan to go beserk soon so I can "humanely" put them down and claim their stuff in the hopes of finding a cut gem
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 10:57:35 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

shinies precious i need shinies to make my best creation ever all will adore it and love me but i need shinies right now SHINIES!!!!!!!!!!

Loud Whispers, what I meant was, the answer to every question is magma. In this case, more magma. And then, some water. Obsidianize Hell.

This is a masterwork obsidian sword. It is crafted from Hell itself.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

shinies precious i need shinies to make my best creation ever all will adore it and love me but i need shinies right now SHINIES!!!!!!!!!!

Loud Whispers, what I meant was, the answer to every question is magma. In this case, more magma. And then, some water. Obsidianize Hell.

This is a masterwork obsidian sword. It is crafted from Hell itself.

You mad dwo. >;D
Also, magma / 0 = 42 o_O

Zorae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

According to the wiki:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Doesn't matter that you have a hell resort or how wealthy your fortress is if nobody goes back to let the mountainhome how awesome your fortress is :P
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 81