Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 394188 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

No no no, you're getting that confused with family game night.
Life's a party
And now death is as well!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

I just thought of something... but when you build a constructed floor on top of a metal vein and then deconstruct it, it reverts to layer stone, right?  Does this apply to slade as well, or is slade already the layer stone?  Also when you cast obsidian it creates an obsidian floor tile no matter what was originally under it, so could you cast obsidian over slade and then dig through it?

This intrigues me.  I cant test it at the moment due to not being able to channel water and magma into Hell. Yet.  When I have a moment to cobble together some channels and floodgates for a controlled test, I'll perform !!Science!! to see what happens.  Though if it actually does gets me down through slade, there's no reason I cant keep digging one layer at a time (pour, cast, dig, repeat).

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

At this rate you're going to find an even more underground hell so bad it makes hell look like.... Well everything in dwarf fortress is messed up but still.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

At this rate you're going to find an even more underground hell so bad it makes hell look like.... Well everything in dwarf fortress is messed up but still.

Considering Hell is downright pleasant now, I'd expect to dig so deep that I'd pop out in the sky above Swordthunders.  The fort's front doorstep is almost covered with troll, goblin, yak, elf and human bones and there isn't a spot anywhere on the external map where you won't find the corpse of someone or something.  I've not only taken Hell, I seem to have swapped it with the surface.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Hehe. Keep digging and you'll find yourself in Failcannon? :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile

And eventually you'll dig deep enough to go down into Boatmurdered.

That's right, if you Dig Too Deep, you get stuck in a two-dimensional plane of magmaphants.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

You'd find yourself in an elven retreat.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

From this thread:

From the Failcannon thread:

Low FPS: The one thing deadlier than the HFS.

The HFS is deadly?  Nobody told me... *whistles nonchalantly*

Something tells me this was not coincidence.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

DUN DUN DUNNNNN

Plot to derail thread detected.

Nuclear launch detected.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good news:  The elf traders went beserk and the Swift Tombs hacked them to pieces.

Bad news:  It didn't happen fast enough, or they didn't have what was needed, and Mego II's gone melancholic.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

At this rate, I'm on course for being the Andreus of Swordthunders.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

At this rate, I'm on course for being the Andreus of Swordthunders.

More good news:  You didn't die the way the melancholic usually do.

Bad news: How you actually died was kinda hilarious

Incidentally, that Yak Cow is now known as Etewenami, or Scaleinsights

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

OHamwahwbagwadwdahwohdmahgawdohmadwgGAAWD

Mego, you sure know how to die with dignity hilarity

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Hehehe... Poor mego. Fun-seeker really was the best profession for you.
I make Spellcrafts!

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Requesting immediate and continual redorfing for more Fun and great justice.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 81