Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 394122 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

You ought cover them partially with grates so the ambient glow can light your resort.

And you really should spend some time on insuring you have plenty of mood-worthy goods lying around.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

You ought cover them partially with grates so the ambient glow can light your resort.

And you really should spend some time on insuring you have plenty of mood-worthy goods lying around.

I fully intend to buy a crap-ton of random items from the next trader that visits for that very purpose

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

Assuming they make it all the way to the fort.

Also, if you still have any unnamed, non-champion dwarves, could you make one of them Oliolli III? You did Mego three times...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For once we had a successful mood.  And a very weird artifact as a result

It's worth 1,892,400 dorfBucks, if anyone's interested.

Assuming they make it all the way to the fort.

Also, if you still have any unnamed, non-champion dwarves, could you make one of them Oliolli III? You did Mego three times...

I do, but I'm steadily running out of generically-named dwarves
Spoiler:  Oliolli III (click to show/hide)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

.....Penguins?

Penguins in hell?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

.....Penguins?

Penguins in hell?

If i see some in a trader's goods, I'm gonna pasture them in Hell once I get the pool filled

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why do I get the feeling I've truly ruined the mystery, danger and excitement of Hell for everyone in favour of a chuckle at building a resort town in it?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Why do I get the feeling I've truly ruined the mystery, danger and excitement of Hell for everyone in favour of a chuckle at building a resort town in it?

'Cus losing is fun... And winning is SATISFYING

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Ruined the mystery? Loss of danger and excitement? Thats such an understatement coming from one such as you, because of what you've done and many others, the Great Toad will have to make Hell more FUN in future versions!

My good man, you have invested in a wonderful property that pays back tenfold! You should be happy that your dwarves are enjoying themselves in Hell!

And on a side note, I should've specified my gender as a dwarf...Oh well. If its alright, can you not kill my little dwarfette intentionally? Wait, the nobles will handle it. O no...

And back on topic, it seems that you made a real nice bet over a game of Red vs Blue with the demons, you dealt with the devil and now have an empire!

Any chance that you may want to leave a small gap in your walls to let demons trickle in only to be slaughtered by your military? You know, to show them who conquered hell?

edit: It just hit me, isn't this eligible for a spot in the Hall of Legends?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ruined the mystery? Loss of danger and excitement? Thats such an understatement coming from one such as you, because of what you've done and many others, the Great Toad will have to make Hell more FUN in future versions!

My good man, you have invested in a wonderful property that pays back tenfold! You should be happy that your dwarves are enjoying themselves in Hell!

And on a side note, I should've specified my gender as a dwarf...Oh well. If its alright, can you not kill my little dwarfette intentionally? Wait, the nobles will handle it. O no...

And back on topic, it seems that you made a real nice bet over a game of Red vs Blue with the demons, you dealt with the devil and now have an empire!

Any chance that you may want to leave a small gap in your walls to let demons trickle in only to be slaughtered by your military? You know, to show them who conquered hell?

edit: It just hit me, isn't this eligible for a spot in the Hall of Legends?

I like to think of it as dealing with the devil and winning the deed to his property.

Oh, and there's a disproportionately large number of female dwarves in the fortress.  What you get is what there is, sorry.

edit:  If someone wants to nominate the Dwarven Checkerboard and me sealing off the walls of hell, go right for it.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 07:12:52 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

*Whistles nonchalantly in the corner*
Sure :D

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

I wouldn't call this discouraging.  We've seen what hell has to offer, and we've seen someone beat it.  Now we're going to waltz into a hollow spire and get our collective asses kicked.  Then we'll do it again, and only get our asses smacked.  And then again, and we'll defeat the demons even as our last dwarf goes insane.  Then we'll make our way into the pits themselves.  And through the process, we shall grow stronger, and more prepared for the horrors that Toady unleashes with every new release.

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.  What does kill is makes us unstopable.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wouldn't call this discouraging.  We've seen what hell has to offer, and we've seen someone beat it.  Now we're going to waltz into a hollow spire and get our collective asses kicked.  Then we'll do it again, and only get our asses smacked.  And then again, and we'll defeat the demons even as our last dwarf goes insane.  Then we'll make our way into the pits themselves.  And through the process, we shall grow stronger, and more prepared for the horrors that Toady unleashes with every new release.

And down there you'll find my dwarven avatar sitting on an adamantine throne, eating strawberries and asking "what kept you?"

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

And down there you'll find my dwarven avatar sitting on an adamantine throne, eating strawberries and asking "what kept you?"

We will bring elves.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 81