Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 394292 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Ladies and Gentledwarves,

The dwarves are going to floor over the Glowing Pit outside the Throne of Hell next (the interiour with the throne itself will remain open over the glowing pit) before continuing with the other four remaining Glowing Pits.

Oh and GirlinHat?  I found that you carved this some time before entombing yourself in the checkerboard

« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 01:17:56 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

You better start getting migrants (or babies) soon, otherwise you will simply lose to attrition. Eventually you'll have only Doren left, and eventually Doren will run out of food/booze. Never underestimate attrition.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You better start getting migrants (or babies) soon, otherwise you will simply lose to attrition. Eventually you'll have only Doren left, and eventually Doren will run out of food/booze. Never underestimate attrition.

I'm well aware of that.  Plan R is on standby.  Meaning Reclaim.

Oh and Khearn's been taken by a fey mood and claimed a masonry workshop.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, someone's died and I don't know who or where.  It wasn't a named dwarf, I can say that much.  It wasn't someone locked outside, or i'd have seen a combat report.  'tis a mystery.

Oh and Khearn?  You're currently sitting in the mason's workshop screaming for stuff.  One of the items is 'rock bars', which I'm fairly certain don't exist....  Scratch that, looking at the items in the shop, it seems he's missing leather.  I'm trying to get a tanner's workshop and leatherworkers workshop up ASAP.  Certainly enough roaming animals about in the fortress...

edit:  Damn.  Khearn's melancholic.  21 dwarves now, not including Khearn.

At least the tanners and leatherworks should keep this from happening again (I know, I know - I should've set them up sooner)

edit 2: A minor -MINOR- ray of hope - the message "your fortress attracted no migrants this season" appeared.  For the first time in a loooong while. 
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 03:25:45 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Out of those 21, how many are soldiers?

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Out of those 21, how many are soldiers?

Two.  Been that way for ages.

On another note; what would you guys say is a bigger insult to build with in Hell?  Adamantine or Wood from the surface?  It's something I need to know for a minor bit of artwork in the Underworld.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Adamantine or wood you ask?

Both.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Maybe that missing dwarf was a suicidal dwarf that jumped into a glowing pit?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm beginning to think you hope that your dwarf will take a long drop down one of the pits... 

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I'm beginning to think you hope that your dwarf will take a long drop down one of the pits...

Is that a threat?!!
(Clings onto door)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Before we meet a disaster, why not treat our fine surviving dwarves to the Amontillado treatment?

Wall up everything until we have a sustainable food/drink area!  :D

But...We only have about 19 workers and 2 soldiers right? How is morale doing? Anyone verging on the unhappy point?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Before we meet a disaster, why not treat our fine surviving dwarves to the Amontillado treatment?

But...We only have about 19 workers and 2 soldiers right? How is morale doing? Anyone verging on the unhappy point?

Unhappiness isn't a possibility in the fortress - Legendary fully-engraved Dining Room, LOTS of varied booze and food, and all the bedrooms are engraved.  I could lock them all in a room, murder every animal in the fortress (all 300 of them) before their eyes and they'd probably still think how nice it was that they slept in a bedroom like a personal palace.

I do agree the dwarves deserve some amenities though.  I've suspended the current Pit flooring and gotten them building small 4x4 (interior) villas for them to live in.  There's certainly plenty of spare furnishings... >.>

« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 05:58:46 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Unhappiness isn't a possibility in the fortress - Legendary fully-engraved Dining Room, LOTS of varied booze and food, and all the bedrooms are engraved.  I could lock them all in a room, murder every animal in the fortress (all 300 of them) before their eyes and they'd probably still think how nice it was that they slept in a bedroom like a personal palace.

I do agree the dwarves deserve some amenities though.  I've suspended the current Pit flooring and gotten them building small 4x4 (interior) villas for them to live in.  There's certainly plenty of spare furnishings... >.>
But does that include doors?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, the first gabbro villa is coming along nicely.  The first person to come up with a reason for why their dwarf should get it that makes me laugh the hardest wins the first dwarven dream-home in Hell.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Alright, the first gabbro villa is coming along nicely.  The first person to come up with a reason for why their dwarf should get it that makes me laugh the hardest wins the first dwarven dream-home in Hell.

Because my pantaloons command it.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 81