Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 394276 times)

Captain Mayhem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, the first gabbro villa is coming along nicely.  The first person to come up with a reason for why their dwarf should get it that makes me laugh the hardest wins the first dwarven dream-home in Hell.
Because I want to be the first to complain to the Lord of Demons that he really should put up a garden in this neighbourhood. Maybe a playground, for the children. And that I can't get a clear signal on my TV from 100+ meters below ground.

(I know I don't have a dwarf, but still)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Oh and a picture of the first hellvilla

It's a 4x4 gabbro-and-slade room with an engraved wall and floors.  This 'street' of them will overlook a lake that's coming whenever I can get around to digging open the nearby adamantine spire and build a channel to over the lower area

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(I know I don't have a dwarf, but still)

You do now

Spoiler:  Captain Mayhem (click to show/hide)

Just so you know, the Lord of Demons is now myself, since I technically own Hell now.  Or possibly Doren, going by her kill list.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 07:13:58 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

So how many unnamed dwarves are stil left, excluding Doren and the other soldier?

Alright, the first gabbro villa is coming along nicely.  The first person to come up with a reason for why their dwarf should get it that makes me laugh the hardest wins the first dwarven dream-home in Hell.

In spite of me being the first, and at that point only, one to volunteer to be dorfed, you've killed me twice. I deserve some compensation.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

So how many unnamed dwarves are stil left, excluding Doren and the other soldier?

In spite of me being the first, and at that point only, one to volunteer to be dorfed, you've killed me twice. I deserve some compensation.

Err.... Don't want to burst your bubble here....

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's open to everyone.  Oh, and there's only 19 dwarves now, but I have no idea how they're dying.  There's no announcements, or combat reports.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

It's open to everyone.  Oh, and there's only 19 dwarves now, but I have no idea how they're dying.  There's no announcements, or combat reports.
Aussie... Keep all the dwarves together, preferably in a sealed bubble for a while. Something foul is afoot.
Maybe hell is cursed...
(Irony)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm ordering the beds removed upstairs to try and encourage them to move down to the Pit House homes to try and keep an eye on them all.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I'm ordering the beds removed upstairs to try and encourage them to move down to the Pit House homes to try and keep an eye on them all.

Tried just assigning them to bedrooms in the safety of hell?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Life is too quick. Dwarves are dying here and there and words travels as fast as a burning elf (I can't believe I said that.) so no migrants in some time, we may have a problem, internally that is.

Oh, and every dwarf that dies does not go to hell for some reason, the home is there to remind them of their accomplishment. Armok has a better place... *Smiley removed*

Edit: who are the survivors? out of 19 we have maybe half of them named. Lets fill the roster  :D

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, no, that would be smart!

*facepalm* 

Strangely, there's just enough bedrooms in the Pit House for every dwarf.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

*facepalm* 

The eye of Sauron Toady has seen this.

The !Fun! is beginning.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*facepalm* 

The eye of Sauron Toady has seen this.

The !Fun! is beginning.

Considering the world's lifetime isn't even in the triple-digits (current year is 78 and Swordthunders started in 34) and there's about 920 graves that are full, with no master of the civ except the liason, I can't help but wonder if I've driven the dwarves to extinction.  Again.

I really should let the world generator run for a millenia or two to make sure there's a thriving civilization of dwarves...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I start in year 2... And "Usually" don't have a problem.
You might just be having some bad luck :(

!!IDEA!!

If your home civ was isolated on an island, they'd be invincible and be able to still reach you :O

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I start in year 2... And "Usually" don't have a problem.
You might just be having some bad luck :(

!!IDEA!!

If your home civ was isolated on an island, they'd be invincible and be able to still reach you :O

I'll try to remember that for another time.  Just from memory, reclaiming spawns a new dwarf civilization, doesn't it?  I have no intention of abandoning my hellfort deliberately, just want to know if and when the last dwarf dies.

Oh, and I have a name for my sunny lakeside underworld town - Helliopolis!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 09:48:14 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

You're naming it after a greek siege tower? o_O

Makes sense I guess ^_^
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 81