Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 394155 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

You're naming it after a greek siege tower? o_O

Makes sense I guess ^_^

Heliopolis was a city.  The direct translation is "Sun City", according to Wikipedia

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile

i have the game that image was lifted from xP

anyways: Karakzon for dorfing if you get a spare mason.

Would love him to build his own house personaly, with a small mud floor garden and personal still in his cellar in hell.
After wich a lever to seal his door and shake his fist as the young dorfs run past his house like a grumpy old codger.
Unless youde like to hang this from the roof of hell somewere with the still being closest to the ceiling.

Retirement and family planning. In hell.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Would love him to build everyone a house personally, with a grand, wide royal roof with magnificent statue gardens, and personal stills in every cellar in hell.

Manual labour and family<---- There is only one family in hell. The others died. In hell.

ftfy.
AOM ftw.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile

Eventually you'll have only Doren left, and eventually Doren will run out of food/booze.
Doesn't matter any more. Dwarves who become military elites get all their labours deactivated, but they can be reactivated if the dwarf is taken off active duty.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Eventually you'll have only Doren left, and eventually Doren will run out of food/booze.
Doesn't matter any more. Dwarves who become military elites get all their labours deactivated, but they can be reactivated if the dwarf is taken off active duty.

We're talking about the long term, since no dwarves are migrating/being born, one by one the dwarves will perish (and Doren being so far the toughest and most likely last survivor) would be clambering through empty hallways, in the pitch black darkness of hell, killing everything that would dare fight her, haunted by her fellow dwarves, until eventually, the piles of food become scraps, and the scraps rot away.

Then she perishes.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, the first gabbro villa is coming along nicely.  The first person to come up with a reason for why their dwarf should get it that makes me laugh the hardest wins the first dwarven dream-home in Hell.

It doesn't matter who you give it to. Nothing matters. We're allll going to die!

How the hell could you not have any leather??? Every non-elven caravan carries bins and bins of it. You must have tons of it lying around outside from dead caravans. Aw hell with it, it's just not worth it any more. Nothing is worth it any more. We're all going to die!

Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Alright, the first gabbro villa is coming along nicely.  The first person to come up with a reason for why their dwarf should get it that makes me laugh the hardest wins the first dwarven dream-home in Hell.

It doesn't matter who you give it to. Nothing matters. We're allll going to die!

How the hell could you not have any leather??? Every non-elven caravan carries bins and bins of it. You must have tons of it lying around outside from dead caravans. Aw hell with it, it's just not worth it any more. Nothing is worth it any more. We're all going to die!

Khearn, calm down before I throw a boulder at your skull.
We're all going to die. The question now is, how can we prolong death for as long as possible, and will we be able to buy immortality with our deaths?!!

Those are the questions we need. And as long as we can stick together, no more dwarves should mysteriously disappear....

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why bother trying to prolong your worthless life? Without any leather to make my masterpiece, life just isn't worth living any more. You can all just go to Hell...  er, wait a minute... that's not right, we're already there. We're living in Hell! And you want to prolong it?? Death is the only way out of Hell, I tell you. There's just no point in going on like this. We're all going to die, and death shall make us free from Hell.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I've already died.

I'm still in hell.

We're never leaving hell.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile

Then she perishes.
Of AussieGuy's boredom, since it would be the easiest hermit challenge ever.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Has Doren ever had a strange mood? If not, she's doomed, DOOMED I SAY! We're all DOOMED! DOOMED to a life with no leather! Woe! Woe!

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

Has Doren ever had a strange mood? If not, she's doomed, DOOMED I SAY! We're all DOOMED! DOOMED to a life with no leather! Woe! Woe!

Someone didn't eat their Cheery-o's this morning.

Oaktree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dwarves from the Town Down Under (the Magma Sea).   ::)

Armorer McUrist cancels forge steel mailshirt, interrupted by minecart

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

No and quite frankly, I really doubt any god, spiritual or fell being would go near Doren lest she took her spear or adamantine pick to them.

Everyone's got a few mixed jobs now as there's so few left

Spoiler:  Karakzon (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 81