Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 394142 times)

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Has Doren ever had a strange mood? If not, she's doomed, DOOMED I SAY! We're all DOOMED! DOOMED to a life with no leather! Woe! Woe!

Someone didn't eat their Cheery-o's this morning.

Oh and Khearn?  You're currently sitting in the mason's workshop screaming for stuff.  One of the items is 'rock bars', which I'm fairly certain don't exist....  Scratch that, looking at the items in the shop, it seems he's missing leather.  I'm trying to get a tanner's workshop and leatherworkers workshop up ASAP.  Certainly enough roaming animals about in the fortress...

edit:  Damn.  Khearn's melancholic.  21 dwarves now, not including Khearn.

Of course I didn't eat my Cheery-o's this morning. I wanted to eat them out of a magnificent stone cereal bowl that menaces with leather spikes, but we didn't have any leather. What's the point if there's no leather? I'll never eat Cheery-o's again. Or anything else for that matter. It just wouldn't be the same. Woe!
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile

rock bars are stone blocks.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile

'Rock bars' are generally metal bars. Blocks are always specified as an artifact ingredient.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

rock bars are stone blocks.

quarry is a stone boulder, dunno what a block is

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile

rock bars are stone blocks, metal bars are "Shining metal bars". I have tested this, producing blocks when they want rock bars causes them to rush over and grab them. take my word for it here.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, it was going to be a kind of blocky stone cereal bowl. With a picture of Doren in amethyst. And a picture of a caravan being slaughtered by goblins just outside the front gates. A caravan that was no doubt carrying bins full of leather! Leather that could have been used for the spikes on the bowl! LEATHER!!

‼LEATHER‼

BTW, don't take me too seriously, ThatAussieGuy. I'm just role playing and giving you a hard time. ;)
"Memento mori"
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 08:44:25 pm by khearn »
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile

How's my dwarf doing?
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

How's my dwarf doing?

Probably killed in some gratuitous, voilent way.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

How's my dwarf doing?

She's ecstatic at the moment.  And I don't mind Khearn.  You were melancholic after all.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

How's my dwarf doing?

Probably wandered outside during a goblin siege.

Let's be honest here.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Oh, there's now four Villas.  Three that are almost fully-furnished (Just waiting on dwarves to go get some tables out of the dining hall up in the fortress) and one that's under construction.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Those three finished ones belong to Loud Whispers II, Captain Mayhem and the third one down the bottom was given to Eric Blank because that dwarf is an INSANELY good engraver.  He's earned it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

w00t! Now I can lock everyone outside!

If only there was anyone outside.

Hell is a lonely place right now

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Those three finished ones belong to Loud Whispers II, Captain Mayhem and the third one down the bottom was given to Eric Blank because that dwarf is an INSANELY good engraver.  He's earned it.

What? All of his engravings are blanks! Mine were at least Ok!

No respect. I don't get no respect.

Nor any LEATHER!!

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

Has Doren ever had a strange mood? If not, she's doomed, DOOMED I SAY! We're all DOOMED! DOOMED to a life with no leather! Woe! Woe!

No and quite frankly, I really doubt any god, spiritual or fell being would go near Doren lest she took her spear or adamantine pick to them.

Bah! They'll just fool her by saying "Hey! How would you like to make a legendary weapon to use? It would be cool! Just let us help, and go get some leather..."

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Looking forward to the survivor update, who lives and how many? How many months until the next wave?  :D
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 81