Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 394145 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Okay, seriously though - Do I let the human spearman (probably) get away alive after all his caravan-mates have gone insane or beserk and been slaughtered by Doren and Shen, or do I send them after him to finish the job and the caravan just winds up as missing?
Eh, he's insane. I don't think it actually matters at this point, so do whatever you like.

No, he's sane and going to make a beeline for the mapedge the moment I unpause.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

If he lives: humanite.

If he dies: other trade goods.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile

Okay, seriously though - Do I let the human spearman (probably) get away alive after all his caravan-mates have gone insane or beserk and been slaughtered by Doren and Shen, or do I send them after him to finish the job and the caravan just winds up as missing?
Eh, he's insane. I don't think it actually matters at this point, so do whatever you like.

No, he's sane and going to make a beeline for the mapedge the moment I unpause.
Ok, let him live. That way you can get moar CHEEEEEEESE!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

I would say permit him to escape. It wouldn't change anything at this point; if he dies and they want to siege for killing the caravan, they'll siege. If he lives and they want to siege, they'll still siege. But if he lives to report your wealth and they don't want to go to war then they may send larger caravans.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What's Doren's kill count? Is she about to hit a milestone? If she's sitting at 399, let her have the at-bat so she can join the 400-club. Otherwise let him go.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile

Throw him on a eerie pit.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Let him go home, he might even cause a loyalty cascade:3

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

Oh Jegus, loyalty cascades. That's the last thing this fortress needs.

The first thing it needs is more Hell-beach-front villas.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

HUMAN loyalty cascade, just to clarify :]

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Your dwarf already has one, Mego.  Mego III's living in one of the western ones near the staircase up to the fortress/Pit House

What's Doren's kill count? Is she about to hit a milestone? If she's sitting at 399, let her have the at-bat so she can join the 400-club. Otherwise let him go.

it's at 401 and rising now that she's clearing out the last few Trolls of the siege
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 08:25:56 pm by ThatAussieGuy »

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

it's at 401 and rising now that she's clearing out the last few Trolls of the siege

Tell them our trolls are better.

I mean, we graffiti HELL ITSELF with trolololololol.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

There's no troll like a trollollo trolollllololollllllol

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Could you post the character sheets of our warriors? Unless I missed it somewhere in the thread, it would be nice to see how they've grown.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could you post the character sheets of our warriors? Unless I missed it somewhere in the thread, it would be nice to see how they've grown.

There's not much to see - Shen Inktempted, the Ashen Labyrinth is a Legendary Axedwarf, Hammerdwarf Speardwarf, Armor-User, Shield-User and Fighter as well as a High Master Wrestler, Professional Biter, Grand Master Striker, High Master Kicker, Grand Master Dodger and dabbles in Carpentry, Engraving and Masonry.  He also only has one arm and 207 Notable Kills with a further 10 other kills

As for Doren Domainhall, the Amazing Mountain of Roughness, She's a Legendary Axedwarf, Hammerdwarf, Speardwarf, Shield-User, Armor-User, Fighter, Wrestler, Striker, Kicker, Dodger, Organizer, Observer, and Teacher.  Also a Master Misc. Object User, Accomplished Biter and Dabbling Swordsdwarf.  Her notable kill count is 404 with a further 50 Other Kills of which most are demons.  Doren has no serious wounds, save for a couple of scars and she's lost the fat off of her upper and lower body, as well as her left hand and upper-right leg

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Shen for mayor!

Noble has declared new mandate: SKULLSS OF ENEMIESSSS
£:
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 81