Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 394121 times)

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is VERY dead a quantifiable amount? If so, what is the exact measurement?

This calls for !!Science!!

Dead is getting punched in the brain through the skull.  VERY dead is when Doren hacks a troll apart so fast that pieces go flying off in every direction almost simultaneously to the point that it looks like they exploded.  It can also be defined by a single dwarf wielding three weapons and reducing a full goblin/troll siege of about 30-odd units (including a full squad of marksgoblins) to pieces.  Lots and lots of pieces that cannot possibly be anything except dead.

Miracle Max: He probably owes you money huh? I'll ask him.
Inigo Montoya: He's dead. He can't talk.
Miracle Max: Whoo-hoo-hoo, look who knows so much. It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.
Inigo Montoya: What's that?
Miracle Max: Go through his clothes and look for loose change.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile

Dead is getting punched in the brain through the skull.  VERY dead is when Doren hacks a troll apart so fast that pieces go flying off in every direction almost simultaneously to the point that it looks like they exploded.
Eventually Doren will become so skilled, she will be able to make them actually explode by punching them a certain way. Then Doren will gain the ability to make the explode with her mind. After that... THE WORLD

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

Dead is getting punched in the brain through the skull.  VERY dead is when Doren hacks a troll apart so fast that pieces go flying off in every direction almost simultaneously to the point that it looks like they exploded.
Eventually Doren will become so skilled, she will be able to make them actually explode by punching them a certain way. Then Doren will gain the ability to make the explode with her mind. After that... THE WORLD

And then... THE UNDERWORLD!

Oh... right...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

The question now is whether she could hit a legendary dodger.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

Immediate testing is required. AUSSIE! A SAVE!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Immediate testing is required. AUSSIE! A SAVE!

You already have one!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

I think he desires one from after the siege. Not really necessary. What are Doren's skill xp/skill level amounts right now according to therapist, and her armor and weapons? It can be tested in the arena. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think he desires one from after the siege. Not really necessary. What are Doren's skill xp/skill level amounts right now according to therapist, and her armor and weapons? It can be tested in the arena. :P

I spoil you guys, I swear

Latest Savegame

Oh, and a few pictures in this update

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Damn impressive.

I may well try to conquer hell myself in this new fort. Not yet set up for any sort of combat, though. Frost wyrms kicking some dorfy ass with no consequences to themselves. Yet. Maybe I should toss them in to fight the demons before letting the militia in.
I make Spellcrafts!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn impressive.

I may well try to conquer hell myself in this new fort. Not yet set up for any sort of combat, though. Frost wyrms kicking some dorfy ass with no consequences to themselves. Yet. Maybe I should toss them in to fight the demons before letting the militia in.

No checkerboard?  I am quite disappointed.  What's the point in breaking hell with a fun bit of simple engineering if no-one else is going to do it after you've demonstrated it?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Well someone posted in here claiming they would try it. I haven't even started planning yet though; right now I'm trying to survive a tantrum spiral (By cheating :P)
I make Spellcrafts!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well someone posted in here claiming they would try it. I haven't even started planning yet though; right now I'm trying to survive a tantrum spiral (By cheating :P)

Go with my old standby - Lock the tantrummers in the dining hall and draft the victors into your militia

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Go with my old standby - Lock the tantrummers in the dining hall and draft the victors into your militia

Didn't even have the chance to build a dining hall (let alone any doors...) Whole place has gone to hell by now though. Runesmith can't cheer them up that effectively. They revert to their old emotional state very quickly. 3-4 more deaths now, including one poor kobold that everyone hated for some reason. She took a beating from plenty of tantrumers, and eventually got killed. R.I.P. kobold whose name we cannot pronounce.

Looks like conquering hell would have been far, far easier than trying to build a fortress over a 6 z-level aquifer. spent the whole first year getting to stone, and I paid for the missing time when invaders turned up.

I would like an image of a kobold (a "k") in orthoclase on my villa's floor please, if you ever get the chance for such petty things. :P
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 12:12:25 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would like an image of a kobold (a "k") in orthoclase on my villa's floor please, if you ever get the chance for such petty things. :P

You'll have to settle for three renditions of Swordthunders being settled, a picture of that adamantine statue of little penguins, several images of bolts (the image of the local government), a specific dwarf coming back from the dead as a ghost in the year 35 (which seems to be the popular choice for engraving), and an image of a pointed star.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

You'll have to settle for three renditions of Swordthunders being settled, a picture of that adamantine statue of little penguins, several images of bolts (the image of the local government), a specific dwarf coming back from the dead as a ghost in the year 35 (which seems to be the popular choice for engraving), and an image of a pointed star.

No Cheese? No Checker Board? Dwarves, I am disappoint.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 81